I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

But after that, I think I'm done.

"Fallen, fallen is babylon the great! She has become a dwelling for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, for every vile and loathsome beast and bird."

For all nations have drunk the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living.”

Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues; for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

Last edited:
So who in the Catholic church will pick up that whip and drive out these pedophiles?

All of us. It began over twenty years ago and continues to this day.
You're never going to get them all. New ones come in all the time. If they let priest marry, you'd have normal people as clergy.
Pedophiles can be and are married.

A married clergy, while desirable for many reasons, will not remove pedophiles from the priestly ranks.

So who in the Catholic church will pick up that whip and drive out these pedophiles?

You're never going to get them all. New ones come in all the time. If they let priest marry, you'd have normal people as clergy.
Pedophiles can be and are married.

A married clergy, while desirable for many reasons, will not remove pedophiles from the priestly ranks.
It'll sure cut it down by 99%.

The issue is accountability. The powers that be need to make them accountable so that when they are discovered they are dealt with appropriately.
No, they need to not let in pedophiles in the first place. Catching them after the fact doesn't cure the problem. Hetero married couples would stem that flow.

So only allow those in who don't check the "I'm a pedo" box?

The Catholic Church is ALL about MONEY. That's why they covered this up for so long. They are extreme hypocrites, and this from a recovering Catholic. It is a corrupt business. Their only positive is Catholic Charities which I do think does some good.

The Catholic Church is ALL about MONEY. That's why they covered this up for so long. They are extreme hypocrites, and this from a recovering Catholic. It is a corrupt business. Their only positive is Catholic Charities which I do think does some good.

Just look at Hollywood that has the same problem, if not worse.

The problem is money and power, unfortunately, the Catholic church is full of it.

The issue is accountability. The powers that be need to make them accountable so that when they are discovered they are dealt with appropriately.
No, they need to not let in pedophiles in the first place. Catching them after the fact doesn't cure the problem. Hetero married couples would stem that flow.

Weirdo loner guys who've never had a gf would be a good place to start. That's pretty much every priest I've ever seen.

I admire your great effort to master the English language, Sue. Keep it up.

Jakey I'm proving you a great fool.
You left out the verb "are".
Eastern Europeans have trouble with the concept of "to be" as used in English (Spanish alone has four verbs that deal with the concept) as well as indefinite articles and pronouns.

Where'd you get your linguistics degree, Jakey?

Weirdo loner guys who've never had a gf would be a good place to start. That's pretty much every priest I've ever seen.

I see, so discriminate against weirdo loner guys.

Thanks for that.

Here is an idea, tell employers everywhere never to hire the weirdo loner guy.

In fact, just tell them they can't live in your neighborhoods as well.

There, that was easy.

Was funny. In the early 70s the Jesuits from Georgetown U. would congregate at a bar called The Tombs. We'd roll in and get into deep philosophical discussions with them as we methodically outdrank them into comas. They didn't get around much.
Funny. At the same time, I couldn't get in to Georgetown because they had a quota about girls, regardless of a great resume. I got accepted at another D.C. university. I remember the Crazy Horse fondly, though, and The Pier, M and Half Street, S.W.
I got tired of the RC crap around around age 14.

Thanks for that.

There, that was easy.
C'mon, weirdo loner guys shouldn't be priests or Boy Scout monitors. Not every job. But some jobs should be off limits to weirdos.

Anyways, why would want a weirdo loner guy as a priest? Makes no sense. He's going to give YOU advice? :cuckoo:

And INCEL....but they manifest as terrorists killing people.

Thanks for that.

There, that was easy.
C'mon, weirdo loner guys shouldn't be priests or Boy Scout monitors. Not every job. But some jobs should be off limits to weirdos.

Anyways, why would want a weirdo loner guy as a priest? Makes no sense. He's going to give YOU advice? :cuckoo:

So what constitutes a weirdo and who will be the weirdo police?

You?

Let me guess, if a man wears dresses but is married and has an active social life, this is not a weirdo you would target, right?

When I mean human, I mean that the Church is human power. It's designed to keep people in their place while others take the power, like politics, well, it is politics.

Rather than being spiritual
Have you ever practiced the Catholic faith? It is not at all like you describe.

I'm not a Catholic. But I can also see that from the bottom up, it might appear different that it actually is.

Thanks for that.

There, that was easy.

So what constitutes a weirdo and who will be the weirdo police?

You?

Let me guess, if a man wears dresses but is married and has an active social life, this is not a weirdo you would target, right?
A hetero man who wears a dress isn't a pedophile. Weirdo loner guys are a lot of the time.

So you'd want some weirdo loner guy dispensing advice to the people? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

Was funny. In the early 70s the Jesuits from Georgetown U. would congregate at a bar called The Tombs. We'd roll in and get into deep philosophical discussions with them as we methodically outdrank them into comas. They didn't get around much.
Funny. At the same time, I couldn't get in to Georgetown because they had a quota about girls, regardless of a great resume. I got accepted at another D.C. university. I remember the Crazy Horse fondly, though, and The Pier, M and Half Street, S.W.
I got tired of the RC crap around around age 14.
At least you and I have memories of when D.C. rocked. Me? An appointed marshal assigned to guard the steps of the Capitol in a massive march against the Viet Nam war. I will never forget the sight of 250-thousand-plus Americans amassed before me, stretching from beyond the Reflecting Pool and all the way out to the Lincoln Memorial. I'm still an American after all these years.

I'm not a Catholic. But I can also see that from the bottom up, it might appear different that it actually is.

Rather, in sports or a play, the perspective is much different for the players than it is for the onlookers.

Why not? They openly embraced pedophile organizations as founding groups of their 'Rights' organizations, and all of the leading 'activists' endorsed them as welcome members. They not only should be equated with them they should all be considered pedoes when it comes to allowing them around children, and of either sex; the latest FBI undercover ops against NAMBLA pointed out that many of the sickos will rape little girls as well if in a 'dry spell' with little boys.

Just because a few of the more media savvy sickos want to change their image is no reason anybody else needs to go along with the fiction that they aren't pedo-friendly in the extreme.
Heterosexuals can be pedophiles. Homosexuals can be pedophiles. The point is that not all heterosexuals and not all homosexuals are pedophiles. Because a small percentage of priests break their vows does not mean that the greatest percentage of priests will do the same.

nobody said otherwise. You're of course trying for some sort of 'equality' in pedophile demographics. The fact is homosexuals are by far the major problem, and pretending otherwise is only exacerbating the problem. It's a stupid form of denial that gets a lot of children raped.

The stupid form of denial is conflating pedophilia with homosexuality.

Anyone who is hung up on homosexuality has psychological issues.

Forum List

Back