I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

The Catholic Church is failing in many respects, many priests are unfaithful to Catholic teachings, for example. You find them out in confession, when they tell you masturbation is not really a sin, or that you should take Communion even if you are in a state of sin.

"State of Sin"...applies to MORTAL sins. Venials aren't enough to deny you the most wonderful channels of grace.

Greg

It's always funny how people can come up with arguments for why people should support the unsupportable.
It's a shame that people shrug and give up rather than change what can be changed. Look in the report. It does mention Church procedures have changed. In other places you will find that the Catholic Church has now become the model for other agencies of how to protect children from predators.

Pedophiles can be found in all professions, including, unfortunately, all faiths. I don't see people calling for the abolition of schools, sports, and clubs because of the same situation there.

But then again, that wasn't the argument I was replying to.

The Catholic Church can change. The problem with change is that you have to accept there were problems, which also seems to imply that either there's a problem with God, or that the Church is very human, and they don't like to do either.

Not at all; the Church is VERY human; enough to make Jesus weep. lol

Greg

BTW: My own view is that the Church should have brought in the POLICE at the very hint of wrong doing. Yes; some ALLEGATIONS will be false, so ALL needed to be handled by police! The last I heard they stopped the Church being Judge, Jury and Executioner a long time ago. I have zero problem weeding out those who break their vows especially those who abuse children. ALL of these still need to be investigated properly. "Credible" allegations are still only allegations; I want to see jail time and public stonings!!!

Greg

Yes, one can give up a family if a member(s) fail(s) seriously enough. The same, since we are playing false equivalencies, applies to churches.
Notice you said 'a' family member. If one uncle was the problem and you refused to have him in your home, would you do the same with all uncles? If 'a' priest is a problem, why blame all priests?

The Catholic Church can change. The problem with change is that you have to accept there were problems, which also seems to imply that either there's a problem with God, or that the Church is very human, and they don't like to do either.
Of course everyone accepts there were problems! Why do you think we all went to work to correct them? Of course the Church is very human. What made you think it is not? It's one of the first things we were taught in Catholic school.

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

But after that, I think I'm done.
Forget breaking his heart, you should be more concerned with saving his soul.

Show him the truth brother.

I can't support members of any institution that don't practice what they preach. Notwithstanding the many outstanding moral priests anywhere, they are now always going to be looked upon with suspicion. Very tragic all the way around. Lives ruined in more ways than one. Betrayal presents many faces. Pervs need to be purged instead of remaining cloaked and transferred from one church to another. My heart hurts for all present and in the past who once trusted their higher power. They are the forever wounded.

Last edited:
Of course everyone accepts there were problems! Why do you think we all went to work to correct them? Of course the Church is very human. What made you think it is not? It's one of the first things we were taught in Catholic school.

When I mean human, I mean that the Church is human power. It's designed to keep people in their place while others take the power, like politics, well, it is politics.

Rather than being spiritual.

I'm just curious why Meriweather is so determined to change the OPs mind about being Catholic.

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

Not Catholic myself, but you probably shouldn't reject it because of the bureaucrats, faggots, and politicians infesting it. Help get rid of them, or start up splinter churches or something. It has far more great and impressive traditions than bad ones.

Just weed out the faggots, and to hell with the PC Nazis and their mindless degeneracy. You solve 90% of the problem right away when you get rid of the homos. The same can be said of a lot of other institutions as well.

It's always funny how people can come up with arguments for why people should support the unsupportable.
It's a shame that people shrug and give up rather than change what can be changed. Look in the report. It does mention Church procedures have changed. In other places you will find that the Catholic Church has now become the model for other agencies of how to protect children from predators.

Pedophiles can be found in all professions, including, unfortunately, all faiths. I don't see people calling for the abolition of schools, sports, and clubs because of the same situation there.

But then again, that wasn't the argument I was replying to.

lol it's problem is faggots and their friends infiltrating its priesthood and raping kids.

I see there's a Catholic here, and maybe more than one, telling you about the One True Church. It's not the case. My Protestant church is full to the gills with ex-Catholics, including my own husband, a born-again Christian now for about 15 years.

I don't have any particular animus toward the Catholic Church, which Catholics always believe to be the case when we tell others they're not really the One True Church (shrug). But I will tell you this. I would NOT be giving on red cent to an organization that protected child predators like this. It is absolutely true that Protestant churches are not without fault. But we're also splintered, and so when I give, I'm not giving to ALL of them. When Catholics give, they're giving right to that "system".

In closing, whatever you do, don't give up on God. If humans were not deeply sinful, Jesus would not have had to come. And believe me, you DO NOT need popes, bishops or any human being to "get to" Jesus or God. Best wishes.

Bye bye, Defender of the faith. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can't support members of any institution that don't practice what they preach. Notwithstanding the many outstanding moral priests anywhere, they are now always going to be looked upon with suspicion. Very tragic all the way around. Lives ruined in more ways than one. Betrayal presents many faces. Pervs need to be purged instead of remaining cloaked and transferred from one church to another. My heart hurts for all present and in the past who once trusted their higher power. They are the forever wounded.

People say this about "practice what you preach" but in Christianity it's impossible.

I preach Jesus. He was perfect. Sinless. Being perfect and sinless is hopeless for me. Sometimes I can't even manage "patient' and "merciful". If you watch me for an hour you are doomed to disappointment. I cannot practice what I preach. That is baked in the cake. That is in fact why He had to come, and thank God He did.

But I hope I don't violate His grace by using my position in the faith as a reason to take advantage of vulnerable people. That is heinous. I think that's what you mean, maybe--and I agree.

The wrong thinking and error inherent in all the present religions leaves vulnerable humans their victims.
What is needed is a method of strengthening the human spirit rather than dominating it.

Forum List

Back