I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

So who in the Catholic church will pick up that whip and drive out these pedophiles?

All of us. It began over twenty years ago and continues to this day.
You're never going to get them all. New ones come in all the time. If they let priest marry, you'd have normal people as clergy.

The issue is accountability. The powers that be need to make them accountable so that when they are discovered they are dealt with appropriately.
No, they need to not let in pedophiles in the first place. Catching them after the fact doesn't cure the problem. Hetero married couples would stem that flow.

Celibacy wasn't a requirement early in the Church's history; the Protestant Catholics allow married priests, I believe, the Anglican/Episcopalians. The Apostle Peter was married, so it's kind of bizarre the Roman C's don't allow it.

Clerical celibacy - Wikipedia

First century
Some of the earliest Christian leaders were married men. The mention in Mark 1:30, Luke 4:38, and Matthew 8:14-15 of Saint Peter's mother-in-law indicates that he had married (Matthew 8:14-15: "when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.") According to Clement of Alexandria (Stromata, III, vi, ed. Dindorf, II, 276), Peter was married and had children and his wife suffered martyrdom. Pope Clement I wrote: "For Peter and Philip begat children".[10]

On the other hand, George T. Dennis SJ of Catholic University of America says: "There is simply no clear evidence of a general tradition or practice, much less of an obligation, of priestly celibacy-continence before the beginning of the fourth century."[22] Peter Fink SJ agrees, saying that underlying premises used in the book, Apostolic Origins of Priestly Celibacy, "would not stand up so comfortably to historical scrutiny".[23] Dennis says this book provides no evidence that celibacy had apostolic origins.[22]

Similarly, Philippe Delhaye wrote: "During the first three or four centuries, no law was promulgated prohibiting clerical marriage. Celibacy was a matter of choice for bishops, priests, and deacons. ... The apostolic constitutions (c. 400) excommunicated a priest or bishop who left his wife 'under pretense of piety' (Sacrorum Conciliorum nova et amplissima collectio 1:51)."[24]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibacy#cite_note-24

Reform may be on the way, however ...

Married Catholic priests? There are perhaps 120 in the U.S. already. Here's how

Pope Francis made headlines across the globe when he suggested he was open to the idea of ordaining married men as a way to alleviate priest shortages in remote areas.

Some raised their eyebrows and took note, whereas other Catholics shrugged, pointing out that paths, although they are narrow, already exist for married men to enter priesthood in the Roman Catholic Church.

Experts say as many as 120 Catholic priests in the U.S. are married.

That's largely because of a policy change made by Pope John Paul II in 1980, which offered a path for married Episcopal priests to continue their ministry after converting to Catholicism.

Under the pastoral provision, Father Paul Sullins, a former Episcopal priest, was ordained in the Catholic Church in 2002 after converting four years earlier.

Last edited:
I was taught by Catholic teachers. Best education on the planet. Never went to any camps or retreats though. I really didn't get involved beyond class time in the elementary grades, which were all run by the nuns.

Me, too. Agreed. Best education I had aside from college.

I'll one-up you. The only reason I went to a Catholic school was because a Catholic priest paid my entire tuition for several years. He paid my tuition because I cut his fields every week on his old Gravely. I cleaned out his barn and stuff like that. Planted some trees and whatnot.

He was a nice man. He fed me lunch, too. And never once did he ever try to molester me.

Only thing about Catholic school was crossing the street at 3rd period to go to Mass. That ash they shook around knocked me clean out a few times. I had to go sit on the steps outside.

The stupid form of denial is conflating pedophilia with homosexuality.

Anyone who is hung up on homosexuality has psychological issues.

Yes, you do demonstrate a lot of psychological issues, including parroting the lame reverse psychology rubbish trying ot shut down anybody reporting the facts; but that's part of the agenda, make all kinds of noises about how grand and wonderful the sicko fetishists are all over the media, run around spamming forums like this one bashing Xians, then sniveling like little whiney bitches if anyone dares post the facts about your sicko fetishists.

The wrong thinking and error inherent in all the present religions leaves vulnerable humans their victims.
What is needed is a method of strengthening the human spirit rather than dominating it.

in particular the 4th century document that is a political agenda portrayed as a religion. not just the rcc but the entity of christianity that Jesus was both the son of god and a messiah, christ neither of which portray the 1st century events, a messiah for the period the 1st century is correct - long lost by their crucifixion for humanity.

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

But after that, I think I'm done.
I pretend to be Greek Orthodox too. Lots of people do. I think the number of us who realize religion is bullshit is a lot higher if people would be honest.

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

You may want to keep in mind that Judas decided he was done, as well. The other eleven decided they had something worth carrying forward. Judas represents eight percent of the Apostles. The number of priests who broke their own vows is far less than that. Leaving the Church because of this would also be a slap in the face to the ninety-seven percent who did not break their vows.

Here is the real deal. I have found in my life there is never one reason for someone to reach a major decision. There are always at least three reasons that push a person into making such a change. Have you pondered what those other two reasons might be that may also be pushing you towards this choice?
You mean you believe a story 11 guys made up? I need to go find ten guys and start a new religion. If we all tell the same story people will believe it must be true.

So only allow those in who don't check the "I'm a pedo" box?
Weirdo loner guys who've never had a gf would be a good place to start. That's pretty much every priest I've ever seen.

I see, so discriminate against weirdo loner guys.

Thanks for that.

Here is an idea, tell employers everywhere never to hire the weirdo loner guy.

In fact, just tell them they can't live in your neighborhoods as well.

There, that was easy.
C'mon, weirdo loner guys shouldn't be priests or Boy Scout monitors. Not every job. But some jobs should be off limits to weirdos.

Anyways, why would want a weirdo loner guy as a priest? Makes no sense. He's going to give YOU advice? :cuckoo:

So what constitutes a weirdo and who will be the weirdo police?

You?

Let me guess, if a man wears dresses but is married and has an active social life, this is not a weirdo you would target, right?
A hetero man who wears a dress isn't a pedophile. Weirdo loner guys are a lot of the time.

So you'd want some weirdo loner guy dispensing advice to the people? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

I want to find the statistics on the weird loner guy vs. the guy that dresses in dresses.

Reminds me of a cartoon meme I saw with a grown man using the woman's bathroom with a young girl running out in horror as he screams, "Bigot!"

I don’t blame you, but I suspect this terrible event is overblown. I doubt it happened as the State claims.
I would suggest that many of the "credible allegations" may in fact not be substantial BUT they must be fully investigated. If they are far OFF the mark then I will be glad, but those who ARE guilty should face the full force of the Law.

Greg
I would suggest that many of the "credible allegations" may in fact not be substantial BUT they must be fully investigated. If they are far OFF the mark then I will be glad, but those who ARE guilty should face the full force of the Law.

Greg

who are you kidding, christian, your church, its leaders have always been your type

upload_2018-8-17_12-13-14.jpeg

never crossing the line. since the 4th century to the present time christianity has been a political agenda of persecution and victimization against the innocence of life those in particular that are not sinners. the (recent) revelations of child abuse are the tip of your iceberg uninterrupted for centuries - you fear the sinless and wrote your book in defiance of the original religion of Antiquity and will perish with your documents demise.

You're of course trying for some sort of 'equality' in pedophile demographics. The fact is homosexuals are by far the major problem, and pretending otherwise is only exacerbating the problem. It's a stupid form of denial that gets a lot of children raped.
Actually, I am not trying for any sort of equality, just presenting facts. Sexual promiscuity did not come from the homosexual community; it came from the heterosexual community which enthusiastically embraced birth control and the idea of recreational sex outside any confines of marriage.

Do you really think recreational sex should be confined to heterosexuals? If people want sex to regain any sacredness, then it is the heterosexuals who need to start by viewing it as something other than it feels good. Heterosexuals were the ones who presented sex as something to be enjoyed with abandonment. They began removing barriers, then complained when some moved them even further. If sex is to be something sacred, then everyone needs to treat it as something sacred, beginning with those who made it something less than sacred.

So who in the Catholic church will pick up that whip and drive out these pedophiles?

You're never going to get them all. New ones come in all the time. If they let priest marry, you'd have normal people as clergy.

The issue is accountability. The powers that be need to make them accountable so that when they are discovered they are dealt with appropriately.
No, they need to not let in pedophiles in the first place. Catching them after the fact doesn't cure the problem. Hetero married couples would stem that flow.

Celibacy wasn't a requirement early in the Church's history; the Protestant Catholics allow married priests, I believe, the Anglican/Episcopalians. The Apostle Peter was married, so it's kind of bizarre the Roman C's don't allow it.

First century
Some of the earliest Christian leaders were married men. The mention in Mark 1:30, Luke 4:38, and Matthew 8:14-15 of Saint Peter's mother-in-law indicates that he had married (Matthew 8:14-15: "when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.") According to Clement of Alexandria (Stromata, III, vi, ed. Dindorf, II, 276), Peter was married and had children and his wife suffered martyrdom. Pope Clement I wrote: "For Peter and Philip begat children".[10]

On the other hand, George T. Dennis SJ of Catholic University of America says: "There is simply no clear evidence of a general tradition or practice, much less of an obligation, of priestly celibacy-continence before the beginning of the fourth century."[22] Peter Fink SJ agrees, saying that underlying premises used in the book, Apostolic Origins of Priestly Celibacy, "would not stand up so comfortably to historical scrutiny".[23] Dennis says this book provides no evidence that celibacy had apostolic origins.[22]

Similarly, Philippe Delhaye wrote: "During the first three or four centuries, no law was promulgated prohibiting clerical marriage. Celibacy was a matter of choice for bishops, priests, and deacons. ... The apostolic constitutions (c. 400) excommunicated a priest or bishop who left his wife 'under pretense of piety' (Sacrorum Conciliorum nova et amplissima collectio 1:51)."[24]

Pope Francis made headlines across the globe when he suggested he was open to the idea of ordaining married men as a way to alleviate priest shortages in remote areas.

Some raised their eyebrows and took note, whereas other Catholics shrugged, pointing out that paths, although they are narrow, already exist for married men to enter priesthood in the Roman Catholic Church.

That's largely because of a policy change made by Pope John Paul II in 1980, which offered a path for married Episcopal priests to continue their ministry after converting to Catholicism.

Under the pastoral provision, Father Paul Sullins, a former Episcopal priest, was ordained in the Catholic Church in 2002 after converting four years earlier.
Celibacy happened around 1120 C.E., around the time of Abelard and Heloise. Heloise wrote extensively about their love affair, her uncle's ordered dismemberment of Abelard's private parts, and her love for him still. Do not take this as an endorsement of post-Reformation protestants. Remember that these religions, all of them, still make it a point of disrespecting female people.

You mean you believe a story 11 guys made up? I need to go find ten guys and start a new religion. If we all tell the same story people will believe it must be true.

Which story did they make up? You say you pretend to be Greek Orthodox. Why? In what ways are you not Orthodox?

Indeed. At the end of the day it's the people who are the Church, not the bureaucrats; they can only get away with what the congregations let them get away with.

the bigot finds a thread of truth about themself.

Catholics obviously need to quit letting these dispicable faggots posing as 'priests' intimidate them and purge the vermin.

to bad bigot, its what they prey for just thinking it will be someone else is their error.

Indeed. At the end of the day it's the people who are the Church, not the bureaucrats; they can only get away with what the congregations let them get away with.

Catholics obviously need to quit letting these dispicable faggots posing as 'priests' intimidate them and purge the vermin.

to bad bigot, its what they prey for just thinking it will be someone else is their error.

Ah, Angry Faggot spammer shows up yet gain, to troll threads on topics he knows nothing about. Poor faggot, can't get universal approvals of his fellow faggots and their beloved pedophile demographic. But he can spam threads, so he's stick with that. I see he's touting that stupid '4th century' rubbish, probably got it from one of the other Angry Faggots spamming the forum, and has no idea what he's saying.

Last edited:

First century

Celibacy happened around 1120 C.E., around the time of Abelard and Heloise. Heloise wrote extensively about their love affair, her uncle's ordered dismemberment of Abelard's private parts, and her love for him still. Do not take this as an endorsement of post-Reformation protestants. Remember that these religions, all of them, still make it a point of disrespecting female people.

More silly rubbish. People who can't read links usually post that sort of stuff.

And, Christianity elevated the role of women in society, despite all the idiotic noise to the contrary. It was your beloved 'free thinking pagans' who thought little of women. Still do. One of the reasons Christianity was considered so radical was this elevation of women as having souls. See Joachim Jeremia's Jerusalem in the Time of Jesus for that Fun Fact.

You're of course trying for some sort of 'equality' in pedophile demographics. The fact is homosexuals are by far the major problem, and pretending otherwise is only exacerbating the problem. It's a stupid form of denial that gets a lot of children raped.
Actually, I am not trying for any sort of equality, just presenting facts. Sexual promiscuity did not come from the homosexual community; it came from the heterosexual community which enthusiastically embraced birth control and the idea of recreational sex outside any confines of marriage.

Do you really think recreational sex should be confined to heterosexuals? If people want sex to regain any sacredness, then it is the heterosexuals who need to start by viewing it as something other than it feels good. Heterosexuals were the ones who presented sex as something to be enjoyed with abandonment. They began removing barriers, then complained when some moved them even further. If sex is to be something sacred, then everyone needs to treat it as something sacred, beginning with those who made it something less than sacred.

The facts are the overwhelming majority of child rapes is done by homosexuals. Why people are afraid to admit that they're mentally ill and shouldn't be allowed around children is just another example of why this sort of crap continues. they think we have to be 'fair' to sickos and deviants, for some reason.

First century

Why is the truth "funny" Picaro?

Ah, Angry Faggot spammer shows up yet gain, to trll threads on topics he knows nothing about. Poor faggot, can't get universal approvals of his fellow faggots and their beloved pedophile demographic..
Ah, Angry Faggot spammer shows up yet gain, to trll threads on topics he knows nothing about. Poor faggot, can't get universal approvals of his fellow faggots and their beloved pedophile demographic..

tell us bigot, is there a similarity between the 1st century and mid- 20th century - as that John Lennon was a messiah the same as Jesus ... and others, followers of the original religion of Antiquity, that you disdain.

images

* I already know you despise lennon so save us that part ... and please don't confuse yourself with what I refer to as sinless, vulnerable people. you are just an a-h.

First century

Why is the truth "funny" Picaro?

It isn't. Why do you ask?

tell us bigot, is there a similarity between the 1st century and mid- 20th century - as that John Lennon was a messiah the same as Jesus ... and others, followers of the original religion of Antiquity, that you disdain.

images

* I already know you despise lennon so save us that part ... and please don't confuse yourself with what I refer to as sinless, vulnerable people. you are just an a-h.

lol John Lennon was a narcissist; who cars what he said abi=out anything? Oh yeah, you idiot fashion victims think he was 'profound n stuff'. lol what a hoot. You Xian bashing bigots are rather silly.

Forum List

Back