Zone1 My dysfunctional relationship with the Catholic Church

I'm divorced and I want to date women. The Catholic Church teaches that if I have sex with a woman other than my ex-wife, I'm committing adultery. That's because in the eyes of the Catholic Church, I'm still married to my ex-wife.

I tried the Epsicopalians. I liked their service, which is similar to a Catholic Mass, even with the Eucharist.

But I asked their priest the following question, "Do Episcopalians believe the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ."

He said, "I do. But some in my parish don't, and that's okay with me."

I remembered a homily of a Catholic priest I'd heard a few weeks earlier. According to a poll, a certain percentage of Catholics believe the Eucharist is only a symbol. He was outraged. He told us under no circumstances was a Catholic supposed to believe that.

So that's the difference between the Catholic Church and the Episcopalian Church. Catholic priests concern themselves with what their parishioners believe, Episcopalian priests do not.

I have to be a Catholic. Also, I believe the Church is correct to say divorced people can't have sex with other people. Jesus said it himself and it's quoted in the Gospels.

But that leaves me in the lurch. I have to get an annulment or continue my sinful ways.
Dating women to find someone compatible is okay in other Christian churches, but bedding them down with no strings attached is patently unacceptable to some very decent women. If your divorce was due to being married to a refrigerator, you can find out by discussing your needs to someone you're attracted to without making it into a forgettable and possibly painful crash landing. Many protestant churches who believe in Christ just as fervently as Catholics are mainly un-judgmental about these things, but if you do damage to one of their unattached women, your life may never be as pleasant as it once was. Hating women is considered misogyny in anyone's language, and you can ruin a woman's confidence by a disloyal ricochet romance, and you would be begging for an undesirable ending. Be a sweetie. Talk things over with your future wife before you wind up with a second divorce. If you just want sex and nothing else, you should consider a professional sex partner who works on her back for a living. Your chances of getting a disease, however, may lead to a lot of problems for you including child support and a major male anomaly.

Last edited:
I have to be a Catholic. Also, I believe the Church is correct to say divorced people can't have sex with other people. Jesus said it himself and it's quoted in the Gospels.

- to persecute and victimize the innocent ...

truly not so,

1705194446903.jpeg

jesus and mary magdalene, chosen by the heavens were swingers ... its the demonic 4th century christian bible written by the crucifiers that claim otherwise.

I'm divorced and I want to date women. The Catholic Church teaches that if I have sex with a woman other than my ex-wife, I'm committing adultery. That's because in the eyes of the Catholic Church, I'm still married to my ex-wife.

I tried the Epsicopalians. I liked their service, which is similar to a Catholic Mass, even with the Eucharist.

But I asked their priest the following question, "Do Episcopalians believe the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ."

He said, "I do. But some in my parish don't, and that's okay with me."

I remembered a homily of a Catholic priest I'd heard a few weeks earlier. According to a poll, a certain percentage of Catholics believe the Eucharist is only a symbol. He was outraged. He told us under no circumstances was a Catholic supposed to believe that.

So that's the difference between the Catholic Church and the Episcopalian Church. Catholic priests concern themselves with what their parishioners believe, Episcopalian priests do not.

But that leaves me in the lurch. I have to get an annulment or continue my sinful ways.
You put yourself in the lurch. You don't resolve issues like this in public forums that only invite contempt for the Church.
And the self-pity thing is your problem. I can tell you a bunch of married and unmarried that are in worse shape. It is difficult but you are not being put to death for your faith. Don't be a Pete Buttigieg and pretend to be Catholic while being a pervert.

Sorry, but this is really not doing much for me... this idea that you only have those options.

Why do you "have to" have sex?

My God, you are buying into the ways of the world. Jesus said not to do that, that the world and all that is in it is passing away, etc...

You can't live w/o sex? Priests do it.. nuns do it. I am neither and I do it. I would never say it is always easy, but on the other hand, relationships are very difficult and can break your heart and cause other problems besides... you can ruin your own life if you don't do relationships "right" and other lives as well.

Why would anyone choose to do that? Well, no true Christian would.

In a very real sense, abstaining makes your life more simple. And simple is good. But more importantly, people need to realize that getting to Heaven is NO easy task. Jesus said that Few make it there.

i am a recovering cathaholic.

my starter wife left me in 1976. i really don't mind but divorce is a problem.

i've been living with the current one for 30 years or so. can't confess because i'm not sorry and have responsibilities. (damned if i do ......damned if i don't). can't marry because bigamy (perfectly acceptable for the patriarchs and such) is a crime in my state.
There is a way out and you could receive all the sacraments. Don't have sex with your live-in anymore. As you age, sex matters less and less anyway.

There is a way out and you could receive all the sacraments. Don't have sex with your live-in anymore. As you age, sex matters less and less anyway.
Everyone wants the Church to change to fit their personal experiences and/or to fit modern times

What kind of Church would that be, if it caved to such pressure? Did Jesus cave?

I think not

As you age, sex matters less and less.
Everyone wants the Church to change to fit their personal experiences and/or to fit modern times

What kind of Church would that be, if it caved to such pressure?
It would be the Methodist Church

For fifteen hundred years, this was believed by all Christians, then came the Protestant division within the Church
Only the Catholic Church teaches this false doctrine. In your world ONLY the Catholic Church existed prior to the "daughters" leaving the Mother Church.

The fact is, "your" organization was created just after the Church of God threw Simon Magus out of the true Church. The Church of God never taught that you were LITERALLY practicing cannibalism.

THATS YOUR PROBLEM; YOUR RELATIONSHIP NEEDS TO BE WITH JESUS, NOT A SATANIC CORRUPT ORG.
Jesus in His infinite divine wisdom provided for the accompaniment of souls throughout life by establish His perfect Church. Man can't and shouldn't try to go it alone. Ministers of Christ, the bishops and priests guide people along the way, teaching and encouraging, keeping them on the right path.

Only the Catholic Church teaches this false doctrine. In your world ONLY the Catholic Church existed prior to the "daughters" leaving the Mother Church.

The fact is, "your" organization was created just after the Church of God threw Simon Magus out of the true Church. The Church of God never taught that you were LITERALLY practicing cannibalism.
Mortal sinful men, for their own selfish desires, decided to revolt and create a church and change the rules to provide for their sinful whims: Martin Luther, Henry VIII and thus Roger Williams, Zwingli, Knox, Calvin.
I prefer the ONLY church founded by the pefect Jesus Christ.

Jesus in His infinite divine wisdom provided for the accompaniment of souls throughout life by establish His perfect Church. Man can't and shouldn't try to go it alone. Ministers of Christ, the bishops and priests guide people along the way, teaching and encouraging, keeping them on the right path.
the Holy Spirit does that not man. I can find bible verses if you like.

You put yourself in the lurch. You don't resolve issues like this in public forums that only invite contempt for the Church.
And the self-pity thing is your problem. I can tell you a bunch of married and unmarried that are in worse shape. It is difficult but you are not being put to death for your faith. Don't be a Pete Buttigieg and pretend to be Catholic while being a pervert.
Wow.

Ouch.

But hey, pretty strong words to say I'm a pervert.

Forum List

Back