Hello from a wonk

I said I was here for civil discussion. If you want to stay off ignore you need to clean up your act.

This is a rough and tumble board depending on certain factors. Rational, civil discussions can be found fairly readily but so can the opposite fairly readily. If you come to the board claiming to be a centrist or open minded but then go on to prove you're neither..... you're ass is going to be chewed up and spit out, it's that simple. As for putting people on ignore, your choice but depending on the numbers who end up on your list, that also has it's consequences, i.e. how you are viewed by most here and it's never positive.

I don't claim to "be" anything. If someone is obsessed with putting everyone in a box with some label or other, I'm really not that interested in reading what they have to say. All I care about is having rational discussions with those who want the same.

I know what you're saying but political/social arguments presented by any person does, more frequently than not, denote whether they are more "liberal", "conservative", "centrist" or just plain nuts. Whether you agree with being labeled or not doesn't change the fact that your political espousals place you somewhere within one of those categories, whether you like it or not. It's called reality.
Far too many people have come to this board claiming what you claim and to almost a person their idea of a rational argument was total or almost total agreement with their positions so you have to understand there's a strong sense of skepticism in some and complete disbelief in others.
If you're open enough you'll also find some of those you might, any a specific day, consider trolls are suddenly engaged in a rational discussion the next day. Funny how human nature is.

I think the best thing is for him to start a conversation about something that is of interest or importance to him. We will then know where he stands, at this point, he might mirror my viewpoint exactly, we just really wont know till the time comes that opinions start surfacing.

I think the best thing is for him to start a conversation about something that is of interest or importance to him. We will then know where he stands, at this point, he might mirror my viewpoint exactly, we just really wont know till the time comes that opinions start surfacing.

On a personal note, I don't really care one way or the other. He'll do what he want's to do and everyone else will do what they want to do. Cest la vie!

I said I was here for civil discussion. If you want to stay off ignore you need to clean up your act.

Do you recognize the quoted text below?

Which of course has squat to do with my scenario, not that we ever had any doubt who the moron on this thread is...

Would you, in your calm and fair mind, consider something like this civil, or could it be considered something that might possibly flame an argument.

Personally, I suspect that we may not have discovered exactly who the moron was in that thread, however I do think that we might have uncovered the hypocrit.

Fuck mate, I warned you to pick a gang and not stray!
Look out for those showers!!!

Which of course has squat to do with my scenario, not that we ever had any doubt who the moron on this thread is...

Would you, in your calm and fair mind, consider something like this civil, or could it be considered something that might possibly flame an argument.

Personally, I suspect that we may not have discovered exactly who the moron was in that thread, however I do think that we might have uncovered the hypocrit.

He's your typical Leftist wacko who acts superior to everyone else. Nothing new here.

I don't claim to "be" anything. If someone is obsessed with putting everyone in a box with some label or other, I'm really not that interested in reading what they have to say. All I care about is having rational discussions with those who want the same.

I know what you're saying but political/social arguments presented by any person does, more frequently than not, denote whether they are more "liberal", "conservative", "centrist" or just plain nuts. Whether you agree with being labeled or not doesn't change the fact that your political espousals place you somewhere within one of those categories, whether you like it or not. It's called reality.

It's also reality that when a "conservative" makes statement X, or someone who's "just plain nuts" makes statement X (to pick two totally arbitrary labels in the above example), it doesn't change how true or how accurate statement X is. It's still the same statement.

If someone's more interested in labeling people on this forum than in evaluating statements like X, then they and I have different goals and we'd probably bore each other anyhow.

I've started several threads already. Perhaps you would read them before making accusations.

I've started several threads already. Perhaps you would read them before making accusations.

Thats ok, I've read enough to realize that you don't have the capacity to compete in a verbal duel without slinging the insults. You seem to be a very angry person, one that I fear is not really worth my time.

You vote for someone you believe won't be as bad as the candidate on the other big party ticket. Spoonman and xsited1 are trying to pretend that they don't understand this concept.

Although any president who starts a war AND simultaneously cuts taxes has got to beat out those who haven't for the "worst president" title.

no. see, like most americans you are brainwashed. I totally get what existed is saying. you go to a buffet. there is a whole spread of food. You're told choose between the shit and the beaks and claws. now mind you there about 20 other dishes. some of them pretty good even. but you're wonky and programed to listen to what the man tells you. You don't like either but you'll take the beaks and claws becasue you don't want shit. well beaks and claws are shit too. there are other options besides bad and worse. but you'll never take them becasue you are polarized

The buffet analogy doesn't work, I'm afraid. Unless a third-party candidate is polling at least as well as both the "bad" and the "worse," you're stuck with one of the two. Those who voted for Perot or Nader were de facto throwing their votes away.

Bingo. because you're all brainwashed. and you are demonstrating you are the leader of that pack. you'll vote for second best or less than you want because you can't break away from your liberal mold.

Thats ok, I've read enough to realize that you don't have the capacity to compete in a verbal duel without slinging the insults. You seem to be a very angry person, one that I fear is not really worth my time.

Glad you'll be avoiding my threads from now on, then. :bye1:

He's your typical Leftist wacko who acts superior to everyone else. Nothing new here.

lmao - slaps you 5

no. see, like most americans you are brainwashed. I totally get what existed is saying. you go to a buffet. there is a whole spread of food. You're told choose between the shit and the beaks and claws. now mind you there about 20 other dishes. some of them pretty good even. but you're wonky and programed to listen to what the man tells you. You don't like either but you'll take the beaks and claws becasue you don't want shit. well beaks and claws are shit too. there are other options besides bad and worse. but you'll never take them becasue you are polarized

The buffet analogy doesn't work, I'm afraid. Unless a third-party candidate is polling at least as well as both the "bad" and the "worse," you're stuck with one of the two. Those who voted for Perot or Nader were de facto throwing their votes away.

Bingo. because you're all brainwashed. and you are demonstrating you are the leader of that pack. you'll vote for second best or less than you want because you can't break away from your liberal mold.

:eusa_eh:
One can't be "brainwashed" and "leader of a pack" at the same time.

And BTW, what about those who can't break away from their "conservative mold?" Aren't they in the same boat?

Oh, he's one of those.......A god damn hypocrite. Nothing worse than a god damn hypocrite.

He won't last long up here.

Funny how he comes up and tells other posters to "clean up their act".......I say, Fuck You!.....Who the hell are you to tell any other poster to clean up Jack Shit?

So, what we have is a hypocrite, and an obviously arrogant lil' lefty fuck who thinks he can start dictating to other people.

It's best for him to put me on ignore. I'll tear him up every time he starts that shit with other people.

Last edited:

lmao - slaps you 5

Anyone worried about others who seem to act superior has his own justifiable inferiority issues.

:eusa_eh:
One can't be "brainwashed" and "leader of a pack" at the same time.

And BTW, what about those who can't break away from their "conservative mold?" Aren't they in the same boat?

and yet somehow you mange to do it. do you prefer to be called a lemming or a sheep?

It's also reality that when a "conservative" makes statement X, or someone who's "just plain nuts" makes statement X (to pick two totally arbitrary labels in the above example), it doesn't change how true or how accurate statement X is. It's still the same statement.

If someone's more interested in labeling people on this forum than in evaluating statements like X, then they and I have different goals and we'd probably bore each other anyhow.
Well, that's a prime example of black and white thinking, but whatever. I'll make my own decision, when and if I decide to, whether you're being honest of full of shit. :dunno:
Enjoy!

lmao - slaps you 5

Anyone worried about others who seem to act superior has his own justifiable inferiority issues.
You're the one up here doing the acting, son. I would say yes, you most likely do have inferiority issues......Most arrogant lil' elitist types do.

Please do feel free to admit your inferiority issues.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back