Zone1 Living vs Existing

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
It's a hard thing to watch a loved one die, knowing they can't see or hear, or walk and talk like they used to. Yet they are still alive but bedridden, sometimes conscious but other times vacantly staring off into space. IMHO, that is not living, but just existing and I would not wish that on anyone. For the love of God, create and notarize a Living Will or some End of Life document while you can, cuz there are some things that are worse than death.

It's a hard thing to watch a loved one die, knowing they can't see or hear, or walk and talk like they used to. Yet they are still alive but bedridden, sometimes conscious but other times vacantly staring off into space. IMHO, that is not living, but just existing and I would not wish that on anyone. For the love of God, create and notarize a Living Will or some End of Life document while you can, cuz there are some things that are worse than death.
Sounds like you are dealing with some serious stuff. Hang in there. Remember--
Life is not tried it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire
Best regards.

Last edited:
You promote the exact wrong answer. When we took end-of-life decisions away from ethicists and doctors and gave it politicians and citizens who don't know either,that is what ended up in this mess. I don't know the case of your loved one but I am a Catholic and we have several ethical considerations : ORdinary vs Extraordinary measures, the Double Effect,and others.

as to 'like they used to' ,that is called aging. I will pray for this person but don't assume you know what they don't know.

Forum List

Back