Hello from a wonk

But McCain/Palin was not the only alternative. Obviously, Obama/Biden was a terrible choice and so was McCain/Palin, so why would anyone vote for either ticket???

I hate to break this to you, but you aren't nearly as skilled a debater as you seem to think. People who care about the direction they want their country to take will obviously not refuse to vote. The expression "lesser of two evils" exists for a reason.

Not ashamed at all. He's a far lesser danger than Palin as VP. :cool:

You are to be commended. It took several postings for me to figure out you're left-wing. :eusa_clap:

What I am, much less what you think I am, has no relevance at all to the truth or accuracy of any statement I make. Figure that out and you'll be on your way to some of that freedom you profess to love.

What I find amusing is that you would choose Obama as President over Palin as VP, but you don't see the ridiculousness of that statement. Now if you compared Biden to Palin, that I could understand because - and this might be difficult to understand - they both were running for VP. See how that works? Apples-to-apples. But you ended up voting for Bush-III (a.k.a, Obama). That's even more hilarious. Anyway, have fun posting!

You are to be commended. It took several postings for me to figure out you're left-wing. :eusa_clap:

What I am, much less what you think I am, has no relevance at all to the truth or accuracy of any statement I make. Figure that out and you'll be on your way to some of that freedom you profess to love.

What I find amusing is that you would choose Obama as President over Palin as VP, but you don't see the ridiculousness of that statement. Now if you compared Biden to Palin, that I could understand because - and this might be difficult to understand - they both were running for VP. See how that works? Apples-to-apples. But you ended up voting for Bush-III (a.k.a, Obama). That's even more hilarious. Anyway, have fun posting!

It's perfectly logical if the premise that Obama as President versus McCain as President would be basically a wash. (Which I still believe, by the way.)

So you voted for Obama, but you're ashamed to admit it. :cool:

Honey, only someone who wouldn't have voted for a dem under any circumstance would suggest one should be "ashamed" of having voted for the president. Given that McCain/plain was the alternative, I'd be embarrassed at the existence of that ticket, much less having cast a vote for the tweeting twit. come to think of it, i'd be embarrassed to admit having voted for the prior repub ticket..... twice.

So, you know...that whole glass houses thing. ;)

But McCain/Palin was not the only alternative. Obviously, Obama/Biden was a terrible choice and so was McCain/Palin, so why would anyone vote for either ticket???

So what's this 'glass-house' thing you speak of?

those were the two choices. not voting is not an option and elects the "other guy". and, frankly, obama won with 365 electoral votes. i'd say that wasn't a vote cast by people who wanted to pick none of the above.

i don't think he's been nearly as bad as the previous guy. he's not as good as clinton, imo. but he may end up being better. :dunno:

I hate to break this to you, but you aren't nearly as skilled a debater as you seem to think. People who care about the direction they want their country to take will obviously not refuse to vote. The expression "lesser of two evils" exists for a reason.

:lol: My goodness you're dense. Of course people will "not refuse to vote." I voted and I didn't have to choose one of the 'evils' you speak of. Why would I choose evil? See how silly that is???

I should have named this thread after you:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/humor/166631-euphemisms-for-being-stupid.html

Honey, only someone who wouldn't have voted for a dem under any circumstance would suggest one should be "ashamed" of having voted for the president. Given that McCain/plain was the alternative, I'd be embarrassed at the existence of that ticket, much less having cast a vote for the tweeting twit. come to think of it, i'd be embarrassed to admit having voted for the prior repub ticket..... twice.

So, you know...that whole glass houses thing. ;)

those were the two choices. not voting is not an option and elects the "other guy". and, frankly, obama won with 365 electoral votes. i'd say that wasn't a vote cast by people who wanted to pick none of the above.

i don't think he's been nearly as bad as the previous guy. he's not as good as clinton, imo. but he may end up being better. :dunno:

OMG, you two think just alike. What is this fascination with not voting? Who came up with that? Seriously guys. You don't have to choose the lesser of two evils.

Obama is not only as bad as the previous guy, he is JUST LIKE the other guy.

:lol: My goodness you're dense. Of course people will "not refuse to vote." I voted and I didn't have to choose one of the 'evils' you speak of. Why would I choose evil? See how silly that is???

I see you finally decided to take the efficient track to my ignore list. Good for you.

I see you finally decided to take the efficient track to my ignore list. Good for you.

You're simply too stupid to debate. Have a nice life.

OMG, you two think just alike. What is this fascination with not voting? Who came up with that? Seriously guys. You don't have to choose the lesser of two evils.

why would i waste my vote and let someone like mccain/palin get put into office?

now THAT would be stupid.

and no, he isn't just like the other guy. if he were, the rightwingnuts wouldn't be suffering from obama derangement syndrome. if he were, he'd be anti-choice and would be putting losers like scalia on the high court.

see how silly it is to waste a vote or to think they're the same because they have certain things they agree on?

why would i waste my vote and let someone like mccain/palin get put into office?

and no, he isn't just like the other guy. if he were, the rightwingnuts wouldn't be suffering from obama derangement syndrome. if he were, he'd be anti-choice and would be putting losers like scalia on the high court.

see how silly it is to waste a vote or to think they're the same because they have certain things they agree on?
Why did you waste your vote and let what is arguably the worst President and Vice President in US history into office?

geez, that one flew right over your head didn't it.

Why did you waste your vote and let what is arguably the worst President and Vice President in US history into office?

there's no argument there. that's a given

You vote for someone you believe won't be as bad as the candidate on the other big party ticket. Spoonman and xsited1 are trying to pretend that they don't understand this concept.

Although any president who starts a war AND simultaneously cuts taxes has got to beat out those who haven't for the "worst president" title.

You vote for someone you believe won't be as bad as the candidate on the other big party ticket. Spoonman and xsited1 are trying to pretend that they don't understand this concept.

Although any president who starts a war AND simultaneously cuts taxes has got to beat out those who haven't for the "worst president" title.

no. see, like most americans you are brainwashed. I totally get what existed is saying. you go to a buffet. there is a whole spread of food. You're told choose between the shit and the beaks and claws. now mind you there about 20 other dishes. some of them pretty good even. but you're wonky and programed to listen to what the man tells you. You don't like either but you'll take the beaks and claws becasue you don't want shit. well beaks and claws are shit too. there are other options besides bad and worse. but you'll never take them becasue you are polarized

no. see, like most americans you are brainwashed. I totally get what existed is saying. you go to a buffet. there is a whole spread of food. You're told choose between the shit and the beaks and claws. now mind you there about 20 other dishes. some of them pretty good even. but you're wonky and programed to listen to what the man tells you. You don't like either but you'll take the beaks and claws becasue you don't want shit. well beaks and claws are shit too. there are other options besides bad and worse. but you'll never take them becasue you are polarized

The buffet analogy doesn't work, I'm afraid. Unless a third-party candidate is polling at least as well as both the "bad" and the "worse," you're stuck with one of the two. Those who voted for Perot or Nader were de facto throwing their votes away.

Ya mean like Obama who extended the tax cuts, continued both wars, and then went to war in Lybia?

LMAO.....at loony liberal talking points, and abject hypocrisy.:cuckoo::lol:

Face it, Obama has pissed the finacial future of at least the next two generations of americans straight down the fucking toilet.....Has not created one job. Has not done a damn thing to reduce unemployment, it's back to 9%. For the first time in history S&P downgraded the US. We are not worth investing in. We are not worth loaning money too. Our fnancial integrity is completely shot. We are a bad risk all the way around......He's done nothing but fail since day one.....And now, he's looking at watching his third class of High School and College students graduate with very little hope of jobs. By the this time next year he will watch his fourth class graduate with very little hope of jobs....You think those four classes, a huge voting bloc, are going to be foolish enough to vote for that inept clown, after he's so blatantly failed them?

The man never ran a damn thing in his life. Was nothing more than a Junior Senator. And he fooled a hell of a lot of extremely gullible and ignorant people who bought into nothing more than sappy assed campaign slogans and an empty suit.

i didn't vote for bush/cheney. and i didn't vote for mccain/palin.

so i didn't put anyone arguably the worst into office.

there's no argument there. that's a given

only to rightwingnuts with obama derangement syndrome.

anyone else realizes his approval rating has been near or at 50%

i didn't vote for bush/cheney. and i didn't vote for mccain/palin.

so i didn't put anyone arguably the worst into office.
You helped put Obama/Biden in there..........Without a doubt they are arguably the worst in history......Just look at how they've destroyed this great country financially.

Forum List

Back