Hello from a wonk

The buffet analogy doesn't work, I'm afraid. Unless a third-party candidate is polling at least as well as both the "bad" and the "worse," you're stuck with one of the two. Those who voted for Perot or Nader were de facto throwing their votes away.

Bingo. because you're all brainwashed. and you are demonstrating you are the leader of that pack. you'll vote for second best or less than you want because you can't break away from your liberal mold.

:eusa_eh:
One can't be "brainwashed" and "leader of a pack" at the same time.

And BTW, what about those who can't break away from their "conservative mold?" Aren't they in the same boat?

Dude, your site is lame. I checked it out.

Bingo. because you're all brainwashed. and you are demonstrating you are the leader of that pack. you'll vote for second best or less than you want because you can't break away from your liberal mold.

:eusa_eh:
One can't be "brainwashed" and "leader of a pack" at the same time.

And BTW, what about those who can't break away from their "conservative mold?" Aren't they in the same boat?

Dude, your site is lame. I checked it out.
It's young yet, and not aggressively marketed. Of course, if you don't like it, you don't have to post there... :rolleyes:

I think people should use introductory threads to welcome newcomers to the board.

Our American ancestors employed a measure of diplomacy when meeting someone who may have had a different background from themselves. It's a good adult tradition.

We can work out differences elsewhere in debate threads.

Why not let this be a zero fire zone where newcomers are given the benefit of the doubt.

It's the right thing to do, and you know it, too, don't you.

I think people should use introductory threads to welcome newcomers to the board.

Our American ancestors employed a measure of diplomacy when meeting someone who may have had a different background from themselves. It's a good adult tradition.

Why not let this be a zero fire zone where newcomers are given the benefit of the doubt.

Actually, I enjoy having a long welcome thread. It makes me look more intriguing. :lol:

i think he put me on ignore lol oh well
His loss, If you do the same, you will miss a great deal of pomposity and rehashed dross.

Why the sudden Jihad because I ignored spoonman? :confused:

He's a good kid, but he needs to learn to recognize when the air has gone out of his humor. I'll probably pay attention to him again someday, but he's still got a lot of growing up to do.

He is a man of accomplishment with children close to your own age if your picture is accurate, and does not posses the odious sanctimony you exude .

His loss, If you do the same, you will miss a great deal of pomposity and rehashed dross.

He's a good kid, but he needs to learn to recognize when the air has gone out of his humor. I'll probably pay attention to him again someday, but he's still got a lot of growing up to do.

He is a man of accomplishment with children close to your own age if your picture is accurate, and does not posses the odious sanctimony you exude .

Whatever he is, I have the right to ignore him if I choose. Especially since I gave him fair warning. And no, my avatar is not a picture of me; I've already said this elsewhere.

But keep up your ad hominem attacks and incivility and you can be ignored as well.

Actually, I enjoy having a long welcome thread. It makes me look more intriguing. :lol:

Oh, yeah, Mr. Joe B. Cool? Well, it has the effect of making me look like I come from a long line of schoolmarms, coppers, ministers, and judges.

Oh, wait! I do come from a long line of schoolmarms, coppers, ministers, and judges! :lmao:

If you were expecting a tell-all introduction, sorry. I'm going to tell you only a couple of things about myself. First, I'm a political junkie who likes to follow and talk about issues. Second, I don't believe in liberalism, conservatism, libertarianism or authoritarianism: I believe only in what makes the most sense in a particular context. Sometimes it's one of these four, sometimes it's a combination, and sometimes it's none.

I don't mean to be secretive or rude. I just believe that who I am is totally irrelevant when it comes to discussing a political issue - as it should be. Nor do I think there's anything at all wrong with socializing online. It's just not what I come to a political forum to do. The other stuff I save for places like Facebook. By the way, that's also why I never use rep systems on boards. So please don't be offended if you rep me and I don't return the favor.

Finally, here's my pledge to all of you. I will not insult or otherwise talk smack about anyone other than a public figure (they're fair game). If you want to debate a point with me in a civil, respectful way, I will be thrilled to reciprocate. On the other hand, if you're yet another loudmouth who hopes to get someone else into your flame wars, I will simply put you on my ignore list.

I hope I can find at least a few other folks around here in the first category. :cool:

Well phrased, Wonk. A guy with a head on his shoulders. Welcome!

Whatever he is, I have the right to ignore him if I choose. Especially since I gave him fair warning. And no, my avatar is not a picture of me; I've already said this elsewhere.

But keep up your ad hominem attacks and incivility and you can be ignored as well.
yea, i really headed you warning :cuckoo:

My favorite is:
You can fool all of the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can fool all the people all of the time one at a time.

Wow the wheels are off the welcome wagon again, I see. My intro was pretty long too but I didn't get near this much flak about it. What's so terrible about an interesting instructive introduction?

My favorite is:
You can fool all of the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can fool all the people all of the time one at a time.

Wow the wheels are off the welcome wagon again, I see. My intro was pretty long too but I didn't get near this much flak about it. What's so terrible about an interesting instructive introduction?

Beats me. :dunno:

If you were expecting a tell-all introduction, sorry. I'm going to tell you only a couple of things about myself. First, I'm a political junkie who likes to follow and talk about issues. Second, I don't believe in liberalism, conservatism, libertarianism or authoritarianism: I believe only in what makes the most sense in a particular context. Sometimes it's one of these four, sometimes it's a combination, and sometimes it's none.

I don't mean to be secretive or rude. I just believe that who I am is totally irrelevant when it comes to discussing a political issue - as it should be. Nor do I think there's anything at all wrong with socializing online. It's just not what I come to a political forum to do. The other stuff I save for places like Facebook. By the way, that's also why I never use rep systems on boards. So please don't be offended if you rep me and I don't return the favor.

Finally, here's my pledge to all of you. I will not insult or otherwise talk smack about anyone other than a public figure (they're fair game). If you want to debate a point with me in a civil, respectful way, I will be thrilled to reciprocate. On the other hand, if you're yet another loudmouth who hopes to get someone else into your flame wars, I will simply put you on my ignore list.

I hope I can find at least a few other folks around here in the first category. :cool:

Actually i think its up his ass..... just saying

What am I missing here? You guys have so many friends you can afford to be this mean over an introduction?

What am I missing here? You guys have so many friends you can afford to be this mean over an introduction?

As far as I can tell, Spoonboy is all upset now, because he's been trying to bait me since approximately page 5, and has never been successful. :eusa_angel:

My reaction is simply, "too bad for him."

As far as I can tell, Spoonboy is all upset now, because he's been trying to bait me since approximately page 5, and has never been successful. :eusa_angel:

mmmmm sure i was. I got you to put me on ignore dumbass

Did you put him on ignore? I guess he was successful then. :lol:

Intriguing is a good word to use. For example, most people think this picture is intriguing:

14_1895_montparnasse_station_train_wreck.jpg

:lol:

Forum List

Back