Could a motion to vacate flip the House to the Democrats? Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R- FL) says it could.

They have been conditioned -- by the voices they trust -- to equate compromise with capitulation, communication with weakness.

Point out the glaring fact that our Consititution was the result of compromise and communication, and they'll start spinning and playing the victim.
Yup.

I think all too many of them don't come across other viewpoints and politically speaking live inside the 'primary voter' mindset. This works in deep red districts etc, but not so well on a wider level.

There are many Republicans/conservatives who are fed up with the hard right MAGA approach as they've seen the resulting losses in the last few elections

They appear to lack the intellectual skillset and character to work with others, and so they just don't want ANYONE doing it.
I don't agree with this.

LOL, that's hilarious.

It's the GOP whose tax policies favor the rich

An old trope that may have been true in the Bush era, but no longer reflects reality in the MAGA one.

The CBO looked at the Trump tax cuts and found they benefited the poor and working class more than anyone else, despite the fact that they helped everyone across the spectrum.

See, instead of playing your divisive class warfare tune, MAGA knows a rising tide lifts all boats.

But something tells me folks around here have probably informed you of this multiple times, and it's in one ear out the other.

I used to be Democrat as recently as four years ago.

In the Trump age, everything has turned on its head.

Most of the richest counties in the country now vote Democrat, and they are the party of war and Wall Street.

Understand it, and deal with it.

Or continue to cling to old ideas and nonsense that make you feel comfortable and avoid any cognitive dissonance.

The choice is yours.

An old trope that may have been true in the Bush era, but no longer reflects reality in the MAGA one.

The CBO looked at the Trump tax cuts and found they benefited the poor and working class more than anyone else, despite the fact that they helped everyone across the spectrum.

See, instead of playing your divisive class warfare tune, MAGA knows a rising tide lifts all boats.

But something tells me folks around here have probably informed you of this multiple times, and it's in one ear out the other.

I used to be Democrat as recently as four years ago.

In the Trump age, everything has turned on its head.

Most of the richest counties in the country now vote Democrat, and they are the party of war and Wall Street.

Understand it, and deal with it.

Or continue to cling to old ideas and nonsense that make you feel comfortable and avoid any cognitive dissonance.

The choice is yours.
I've read enough of this to not buy into simplistic pap. We can disagree on this.

the public should understand that the 2017 Trump tax law:
Was skewed to the rich. Households with incomes in the top 1 percent will receive an average tax cut of more than $60,000 in 2025, compared to an average tax cut of less than $500 for households in the bottom 60 percent, according to the Tax Policy Center (TPC).[1] As a share of after-tax income, tax cuts at the top — for both households in the top 1 percent and the top 5 percent — are more than triple the total value of the tax cuts received for people with incomes in the bottom 60 percent.[2]

Last edited:
I'd read the piece yesterday and can't recall disagreeing with anything Newt said. Apologies if what I wrote implied I was referring to you, when I was responding to the post to which you were responding, namely,

j-mac said: Complete with a left media shill to back you up…good job.
I read it yesterday, also, in glossing through Memorandom, but had not used it here or seen it posted. I found it an interesting and informative insight, from one who had been there, back in the day, when the country operated better and politicians actually worked to make the country run smoother, to the benefit of all, rather than just get their way, for personal political benefit.

I read it yesterday, also, in glossing through Memorandom, but had not used it here or seen it posted. I found it an interesting and informative insight, from one who had been there, back in the day, when the country operated better and politicians actually worked to make the country run smoother, to the benefit of all, rather than just get their way, for personal political benefit.
It is ironic though that Newt is espousing this, after essentially creating the methods and tactics used by MTG, Gaetz, Comer, Gym Jordan, etc.

It is ironic though that Newt is espousing this, after essentially creating the methods and tactics used by MTG, Gaetz, Comer, Gym Jordan, etc.
He certainly had a big hand in setting the stage for it. But, now, over that last few years it has gone feral and destructively so.

Just give it to Jeffries..repubs are pretty much an embarrassment in Congress at this point. The clown show they are doing makes them deserve to fail.

It’s sad too, because I actually applaud the repubs for independent thinking instead of the go along to get along lock step way the democrats have, but this infighting isn’t doing the repubs any good, just making them look bad.
Just curious, but when was the last time you witnessed a republican in congress having an independent thought?

Riight... because all that polling is false, eh? They may lose the House but they have an even or better chance to retake the Senate and the Oval Office. Spoiler alert:
If they cannot beat Trump they'll set the country on fire before they let him be sworn in again. BTW... there won't be ANYTHING HUMUROUS at that point.
Oh, you idiots believe in the polls now? Let's wait as the polls change and Biden starts leading. I'll bet you retards will be back pooh-poohing the polls as a Lib run scheme to put your poor orange loser in the shade.

Never fails. :itsok:

And now there really are three ?​

You almost made a useful post De CrepitUS .

However , instead of the trivial nonsense, I hoped you had recanted your Cultist Trinity view .
Or , better still, going to usefully comment on Tesla's obsession with the number 3 .

How is the UAF doing ? rofl .
You're kinda stupid.

Just curious, but when was the last time you witnessed a republican in congress having an independent thought?
We’re seeing it now, albeit a bit of chaos involved but, you see the republicans in disagreement, which means they all have different thoughts on things, which is a stark contrast to the dems who will just follow blindly whatever their leadership tells them to do.

That’s why you don’t see infighting in the democrat party, because they all just go along with whatever their leaders tell them

Thank you for your brainwashed Russian take on everything. You prove your idiocy, by referring to the Democrats as the “party of slavery”.

Putin is so proud of people like you. Willing to sell out your own country to the Putin and the Russians. Proud patriots all.

Reagan must be spinning in his grave.

So what do you have against Russia?
They are not invading innocent countries all over the world like we are.
They do not produce offensive weapons like we do or have their troops stationed all over the world to support dictatorships like we do.

The Ukraine is not innocent.
The Ukraine used to be the main state of Russia and Kyiv was the capital of Russia.
Kyiv now is controlled by the descendants of defeated Polish invaders.
The military in the Ukraine staged a coup in 2014 due to US bribes.
Since then they have violated treaties with acts of war, like trying to prevent Russian use of Sevastopol, trying to join NATO, murdering native ethnic Russians, etc.

We’re seeing it now, albeit a bit of chaos involved but, you see the republicans in disagreement, which means they all have different thoughts on things, which is a stark contrast to the dems who will just follow blindly whatever their leadership tells them to do.
That’s why you don’t see infighting in the democrat party, because they all just go along with whatever their "stupid" leaders tell them
...like the moon is made of gas and the island of Guam can capsize...

(I would have added "stupid" before leaders)

Republicans have contempt for sound, responsible governance, of course – instead adhering blindly to failed, wrongheaded conservative dogma.

It is not "responsible governance" to borrow billions for weapons to evil countries like the Ukraine and Israel.
I am more neutral about Taiwan, but originally in 1945, Taiwan natives were mostly Japanese and the take over from the mainland were evil dictators. Its finally turned into a nice democracy, but should normalize with the mainland eventually.

...like the moon is made of gas and the island of Guam can capsize...

(I would have added "stupid" before leaders)

The comments about Guam capsizing were jokes to emphasis how we were abusing the island and its natives.

His story really has shown what a grade school food fight the GQP has become.

These children only care about beating the other guys, not responsible leadership. It's all about rage.

Yeah, I agree, the Dems will probably step up.

Oh yeah they sure will. The party that believes men can have babies and a male is a female after cutting off some parts. Yeah buddy.

The father of the 1990 "Contract with America", a left wing media shill? I don't think so. Try again.
Newt’s time has come and gone…While he makes valid points concerning Republican infighting, the party should be positioning to fight like democrats. It’s long past time to shove their tactics down their throats for a change.

I'd read the piece yesterday and can't recall disagreeing with anything Newt said. Apologies if what I wrote implied I was referring to you, when it was in reference to the post to which you were replying, namely,

j-mac said: Complete with a left media shill to back you up…good job.
Try talking to me then, rather than about me…That never ends well.

Newt’s time has come and gone…While he makes valid points concerning Republican infighting, the party should be positioning to fight like democrats. It’s long past time to shove their tactics down their throats for a change.
It really isn't strictly an us or them type thing, strictly speaking. Neither have a consistent lock on common sense and what is good for the country or even their party or what is left of their party.

Forum List

Back