Hello from a wonk

Wonky Pundit

USMB's Silent Snowden
Apr 30, 2011
Quisitive
If you were expecting a tell-all introduction, sorry. I'm going to tell you only a couple of things about myself. First, I'm a political junkie who likes to follow and talk about issues. Second, I don't believe in liberalism, conservatism, libertarianism or authoritarianism: I believe only in what makes the most sense in a particular context. Sometimes it's one of these four, sometimes it's a combination, and sometimes it's none.

I don't mean to be secretive or rude. I just believe that who I am is totally irrelevant when it comes to discussing a political issue - as it should be. Nor do I think there's anything at all wrong with socializing online. It's just not what I come to a political forum to do. The other stuff I save for places like Facebook. By the way, that's also why I never use rep systems on boards. So please don't be offended if you rep me and I don't return the favor.

Finally, here's my pledge to all of you. I will not insult or otherwise talk smack about anyone other than a public figure (they're fair game). If you want to debate a point with me in a civil, respectful way, I will be thrilled to reciprocate. On the other hand, if you're yet another loudmouth who hopes to get someone else into your flame wars, I will simply put you on my ignore list.

I hope I can find at least a few other folks around here in the first category. :cool:

On the other hand, if you're yet another loudmouth who hopes to get someone else into your flame wars, I will simply put you on my ignore list.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-11-picture3486-th-mrsbeasley.gif

ADD ME!!! ADD ME!!!

If you were expecting a tell-all introduction, sorry. I'm going to tell you only a couple of things about myself. First, I'm a political junkie who likes to follow and talk about issues. Second, I don't believe in liberalism, conservatism, libertarianism or authoritarianism: I believe only in what makes the most sense in a particular context. Sometimes it's one of these four, sometimes it's a combination, and sometimes it's none.

I don't mean to be secretive or rude. I just believe that who I am is totally irrelevant when it comes to discussing a political issue - as it should be. Nor do I think there's anything at all wrong with socializing online. It's just not what I come to a political forum to do. The other stuff I save for places like Facebook. By the way, that's also why I never use rep systems on boards. So please don't be offended if you rep me and I don't return the favor.

Finally, here's my pledge to all of you. I will not insult or otherwise talk smack about anyone other than a public figure (they're fair game). If you want to debate a point with me in a civil, respectful way, I will be thrilled to reciprocate. On the other hand, if you're yet another loudmouth who hopes to get someone else into your flame wars, I will simply put you on my ignore list.

I hope I can find at least a few other folks around here in the first category. :cool:

Based on your post, your anality level seems to be rather high. You definitely won't like me. :D :lol:

Wonky Pundit has not made any friends yet

Imagine that...

Hello.

You must run the gauntlet before you are allowed to participate.

:tongue:

Based on your post, your anality level seems to be rather high. You definitely won't like me. :D :lol:
When it comes to political discussion, I am definitely anal. I take it seriously.

If that bothers you, there's a very easy fix: don't talk to me! :lol:

Wonky Pundit has not made any friends yet

Imagine that...
Okay, anyone who wants to be Facebook friends with me is welcome to send me a PM with their fb contact details.
:huddle:

"I don't believe in liberalism, conservatism, libertarianism or authoritarianism..."

Well, this is just your first day...

Forum List

Back