Grit Versus Grab

This thread is another (sadly) excellent example of how both far ends of this issue have failed both American minorities in specific and the country in general.

The PC/Identity Politics-consumed Regressive Left has weaponized political correctness to the point at which they have completely diluted a terribly important term, screaming RACIST and RACISM at everything that moves in an effort to put their target on the defensive and avoid an honest conversation on race. This has served to render the term nearly meaningless at this point. And tragically, the REAL white-based, minority-targeting racism that does still exist has been blurred.

Angered and frustrated by this tactic, the Talk Radio Right has pushed back by pretending that EVERY time a lefty screams RACISM it's a lie and a farce. Well, that was predictable. Binary thinking controls their thought processes and the Left gave them the ammo. So now you have obtuse enablers like the OP pretending that NO real white-based, minority-targeting racism exists, and the rest of the Talk Radio Right nodding along in mindless, thoughtless, denial-driven agreement.

The OP knows quite well that she is enabling racism (as do other Talk Radio Righties here) by denying that it even exists, just as a Regressive Lefty knows they are enabling the worst behaviors of minorities by deflecting and attacking for them.

Just another example of how our wingers are killing us. In real time. Gawd, I wish they'd find another damn hobby before it's too late.

1. Is 'racist' a term for actual documented harm to someone, or is it an opinion, a 'thought crime' akin to what you Nazis have always sought to punish?
Let me try to help. And hopefully, this will serve to slow down the frequency of these weird, obtuse race threads of yours.

Racism is a mindset, a frame of mind, based on race. And, as with any mindset or frame of mind, it manifests in multiple ways. It might manifest in some form of violence against a person or some kind of property; it might manifest in decision-making, like choosing not to hire someone or be around someone or let your child date someone simply because you don't like the color of their skin; it might manifest vocally, such as the ignorant cowards who like to use certain words out of earshot of their targets; it may manifest in what I suspect we see on USMB, just within the damaged, frustrated and impotent worlds of ignorant paranoid, talk radio-listening bigots. And no doubt it manifests in other ways, too.

In your particular case, you're more than willing to enable racism by pretending you don't see it. Your personal motivations for being like this are not clear.

And yes, it is your right as American to be the way you are, whether you're a racist or (as in your case) an enabler, if not more. And I will absolutely defend your right to speak your mind in public, mostly because sunlight is an excellent disinfectant, and I want you and yours to be seen and your bigotry ultimately marginalized.

There. I hope that helps. Now you know what racism is.

So, you consider disciplining the thoughts of others your province, or that of government's.

How easily you march in the steps of the other Nazis and Bolsheviks.

Was that your upbringing, or the fault of government schooling?

Next time, remember to take your shoe off before you put your foot in your mouth.

Forum List

Back