Grit Versus Grab

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1.The need the Democrat Party has for the black vote- no Democrat would ever win a national election without it- pales when compared to the damage Democrats/Liberals have done to the black psyche.

Promises to save blacks from the imaginary racism of whites is centered on the fable that no success by blacks is possible without the help of the Democrats. This in the face of the real truth, that since Republicans pried the slaves away from the Democrats, the only thing that party has done for them is ban one single word from conversations.

Nearly two centuries since the Civil War, the racial group with the lowest median income is black.

2.The basic Liberal/Democrat message is that American blacks cannot succeed, and, in fact, shouldn’t even try to, due to the national, institutional, omnipresent, racism and oppression. Grit, defined as the personal responsibility and striving that every successful person….except for Hunter Biden….has needed, is the very opposite message the Left drums into blacks.

" We try and discourage people from self help." – Former Massachusetts Att’y General Coakley

3.A recent Ted Talk by Professor Angela Duckworth specifies exactly the sort of thing that Democrats/Liberal hide from blacks, “GRIT.”

“IQ was not the only difference between my best and my worst students. Some of my strongest performers did not have stratospheric IQ scores. Some of my smartest kids weren't doing so well. And that got me thinking…. doing well in school and in life depends on much more than your ability to learn quickly and easily…

…in every study my question was, who is successful here and why?

In all those very different contexts, one characteristic emerged as a significant predictor of success. And it wasn't social intelligence. It wasn't good looks, physical health, and it wasn't IQ. It was grit.” https://www.ted.com/talks/angela_lee_duckworth_grit_the_power_of_passion_and_perseverance/transcript

Duckworth doesn’t say it, but it should go without saying: it isn’t skin color. There is no racism, nor white privilege….the most successful race in America isn’t white…..The winning characteristic is grit…perseverance….personal responsibility.

Democrats/Liberals have the lowest opinion of blacks, and their ability to succeed. And they have convinced many blacks that this is the case, and they need only wait for the hand of their saviors, the Democrat Party.
"Grab on, and we will raise you to the level you deserve."
Look around and note what the Democrats feel blacks 'deserve.'

4. “It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived.”
Coulter.

Last edited:
1.The need the Democrat Party has for the black vote- no Democrat would ever win a national election without it- pales when compared to the damage Democrats/Liberals have done to the black psyche.

Promises to save blacks from the imaginary racism of whites is centered on the fable that no success by blacks is possible without the help of the Democrats. This in the face of the real truth, that since Republicans pried the slaves away from the Democrats, the only thing that party has done for them is ban one single word from conversations.

Nearly two centuries since the Civil War, the racial group with the lowest median income is black.

2.The basic Liberal/Democrat message is that American blacks cannot succeed, and, in fact, shouldn’t even try to, due to the national, institutional, omnipresent, racism and oppression. Grit, defined as the personal responsibility and striving that every successful person….except for Hunter Biden….has needed, is the very opposite message the Left drums into blacks.

" We try and discourage people from self help." – Former Massachusetts Att’y General Coakley

3.A recent Ted Talk by Professor Angela Duckworth specifies exactly the sort of thing that Democrats/Liberal hide from blacks, “GRIT.”

“IQ was not the only difference between my best and my worst students. Some of my strongest performers did not have stratospheric IQ scores. Some of my smartest kids weren't doing so well. And that got me thinking…. doing well in school and in life depends on much more than your ability to learn quickly and easily…

In all those very different contexts, one characteristic emerged as a significant predictor of success. And it wasn't social intelligence. It wasn't good looks, physical health, and it wasn't IQ. It was grit.” https://www.ted.com/talks/angela_lee_duckworth_grit_the_power_of_passion_and_perseverance/transcript

Duckworth doesn’t say it, but it should go without saying: it isn’t skin color. There is no racism, nor white privilege….the most successful race in America isn’t white…..The winning characteristic is grit…perseverance….personal responsibility.

Democrats/Liberals have the lowest opinion of blacks, and their ability to succeed. And they have convinced many blacks that this is the case, and they need only wait for the hand of their saviors, the Democrat Party.

4. “It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived.”
Coulter.
Spoken like a true racist.

People lie you kept blsck people under your thumb for centuiries, pass a law in 1964 & you declare everyone is now equal & voila problem solved.

You people are still racists. It is inbred into your very being.

Coulter.

People lie you kept blsck people under your thumb for centuiries, pass a law in 1964 & you declare everyone is now equal & voila problem solved.

The real racist are the democratic party. Always has been and always will be.

Coulter.

Let's remind all of the history of the Democrat Party

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship, the party that stood in schoolhouse doors to block black school children….until Republicans sent in the 101st airborne

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu..

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

11. I should mention that the Democrat Party was used as a model by Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party….another ‘feather’ in the party’s cap?

12. The Democrat Party is now running on full-blown anti-white racism.

13. It's the party of felons over law-abiding actual citizens

Coulter.

This BIG LIE ^^^ has been refuted dozens of times, and this poster is either very very stupid, or a Damn Liar. Methinks both.

Coulter.

This BIG LIE ^^^ has been refuted dozens of times, and this poster is either very very stupid, or a Damn Liar. Methinks both.

How about you try to 'refute' it.

And, post #4 pretty much proves he is correct.

Coulter.

It has never been refutted, asshole. It may be denied but you can't refute history and recorded fact.

5. Here is Angela Duckworth’s definition of ‘grit’….and the recipe for success”

Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. Grit is having stamina. Grit is sticking with your future, day in, day out, not just for the week, not just for the month, but for years, and working really hard to make that future a reality. Grit is living life like it's a marathon, not a sprint.”

It is the same message America has given all of its people, and the one Republicans have espoused for the longest time.

Why do Democrats/Liberals keep that message from blacks?

Can you see the damage this has done to both blacks, and the harmony of the nation????

6. “A few years ago, I started studying grit in the Chicago public schools. I asked thousands of high school juniors to take grit questionnaires, and then waited around more than a year to see who would graduate. Turns out that grittier kids were significantly more likely to graduate, even when I matched them on every characteristic I could measure, things like family income, standardized achievement test scores, even how safe kids felt when they were at school. So it's not just at West Point or the National Spelling Bee that grit matters. It's also in school, especially for kids at risk for dropping out.” Angela Duckworth

7. Compare this conclusion about personal responsibility to the Democrat attempts to simply ignore the traits that work against success:

a. "The [Obama] Justice Department already has sued school districts in Florida, South Carolina and Mississippi for implementing allegedly racist disciplinary policies."
Holder's Anti-Discipline Push May Threaten Students | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

b. "The Obama-era Departments of Education and Justice – under education secretary Arne Duncan and Attorney General Eric Holder –issued school guidelines in 2014 that claimed students of color are “disproportionately impacted” by suspensions and expulsions, a situation they said leads to a “school-to-prison pipeline” that discriminates against minority and low-income students.

According to the Obama administration’s 2014 “Dear Colleague” guidance, any school district whose disciplinary measures showed “disparate impact” – meaning a disproportionately greater number of minority students are affected – is open to investigation by the Departments of Justice and Education, regardless of whether the behavior leading to the discipline is unacceptable."
Broward County Likely ‘Inspiration’ for Obama School Discipline Policy to Report Fewer Arrests, Suspensions | Breitbart

c. "Cruz assaulted students, cursed out teachers, kicked in classroom doors, started fist fights, threw chairs, threatened to kill other students, mutilated small animals, pulled a rifle on his mother, drank gasoline and cut himself, among other "red flags."
Threatening to kill someone is a felony. In addition to locking Cruz away for a while, having a felony record would have prevented him from purchasing a gun.
Cruz was never arrested. He wasn't referred to law enforcement. He wasn't even expelled."

The School-To-Mass-Murder Pipeline

Democrats/Liberals didn't focus on the criminality....they simply made sure it was hidden.
There was no call for personal responsibility...they are the party of felons.

Spoken like a true parrot.

You treat Black Americans like pets and call others racist for treating them as equals.

You're not fooling anyone.

Coulter.

Sorry but racisys, bigots & white supremacists ate under the Republican tent & have been for years. Part of the Trump deplorables you people like to brag about.

You treat Black Americans like pets and call others racist for treating them as equals.

Democrats treat black people like equal citizens.

That is why blacks tend to vote Democrat.

I see by the bottom of your post what a fine piece of work you are.

The above post is typical of the morons turned out by the government school system.

Sad.....it presages the end of America.

8. Professor Duckworth makes a suggestion that has been at the center of Republican doctrine all along....

“… the best idea I've heard about building grit in kids is something called "growth mindset." This is an idea developed at Stanford University by Carol Dweck, and it is the belief that the ability to learn is not fixed, that it can change with your effort.

Dr. Dweck has shown that when kids read and learn about the brain and how it changes and grows in response to challenge, they're much more likely to persevere when they fail, because they don't believe that failure is a permanent condition.” Angela Duckworth

9. Imagine how different the contemporary history of black Americans would be if the Democrat indoctrination would have stressed what Republican President Coolidge said in 1929:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

Instead, they lied and said to give up, you will never succeed because of those white racists……the ones who elected Obama.

You can't treat Blacks as equals while telling them they need Affirmative Action and Reparation to be equal to barefoot snaggletoothed inbred Apalatian whites.

Democrats showed their colors when Trump announced the lowest Black unemployment in history at the SOTU and the entire Democrat party sat on their hands and looked like they drank spoiled milk.

You can't treat blacks as equals while supporting an organization that has 85% of their baby killing centers near large populations of Blacks, just as the racist Black hating eugenicists Sanger wanted.

Coulter skewered this dunce without even knowing him.

"Thrilled with their role as ‘white friend-of-the-blacks,’ many found that they could actually make a living at it! The part requires sneering at nonexistent racists, and memorizing one line: “Goddam it, this may cost me my career but I’m going to speak up for racial equality and let the chips fall where they may!”
Coulter

Quite the stereotypical moron, that RealDumb is.

Hey chic,
Glad I don't know you as it is very obvious that you are a racist through and through. You are not good enough to reach up and kiss a black persons ass. If you have ever lived on a farm and stepped in some dodo then you know when you meet a person like chic that you should scrap off your feet before entering into any building. So now give some kind of proof that what you personally did before you were born that makes you better than another color of skin.

Coulter.

Sorry but racisys, bigots & white supremacists ate under the Republican tent & have been for years. Part of the Trump deplorables you people like to brag about.
kkk is demofks and don't forget it. still is. just so you know your facts. cause you seem to slide out from under reality everyday.

Forum List

Back