Govt in Your Kitchen

If your selling your stuff, it's a commercial enterprise and subject to the same rules as other commercial enterprises are subject to.

If it is truly a "private" kitchen - then government has no role.
That's clearly not true. Small local business are not subject to the same rules as large multi state businesses.

There dont need to be any rules. If people get sick, they sue the bastard. He will be out of business in no time. That is the check on bad behavior in the business world, not government supervision.

If there are no rules or standards that were violated, then what are you going to sue them for, breaking your heart?
Damages. Do you not understand the concept of torts?

He clearly doesn't grok the concepts of "individual responsibility" and "caveat emptor".

Do you give courses in grokking? And if so, above-water, or underwater?

I don't want anyone grokking near food preparation. What kind of perverts are they anyway?

You've been a member for over 6 months and you still don't GROK USMB?

I will agree to disagree and hope that your view never becomes the majority opinion. Some government restrictions have - IMHO - gone too far. This ain't one of 'em.

If there are no rules or standards that were violated, then what are you going to sue them for, breaking your heart?

He clearly doesn't grok the concepts of "individual responsibility" and "caveat emptor".

I don't want anyone grokking near food preparation. What kind of perverts are they anyway?

Well, rabbi tried to get me to once, and I told him I was flattered, but I'm just not into that. Not that there is anything wrong with it, as long as you aren't around food preparation.

Well, rabbi tried to get me to once, and I told him I was flattered, but I'm just not into that. Not that there is anything wrong with it, as long as you aren't around food preparation.
Dream on, pal.

Yeah cuz we all know that homeless people and pot luck dinners served everywhere in the USA are dying all over the place.

Shelter kitchens are inspected in our area as are church kitchens, and if you pay attention to it, bad sanitation practices have sickened people at picnics/reunions/potlucks fairly regularly. Usually gets traced back to something with mayo being left out too long or dirty can openers as people seldom think to throw the can opener into the dishwasher on a regular basis.

You think that someone who wants to sell their food products from home would not be more sanitary?
Their business would go out of business if they did something like that.
There is a difference between private use and commercial use.

Yes I think that people do not clean their counter tops, cutting boards, and can openers with industrial strength cleaners, nor take their stainless steel mixers completely apart to clean them inside and out.

Do you do that to own kitchen?
If you think that way about it, then no one should eat in their own kitchen let alone anyone else's home, or heaven forbid buy something from someone's own home cooked products.

All you have to do is not buy them. No big deal.

In your own kitchen, you eat your chicken when you take it out of the oven. You do not package it, freeze it, thaw it, and reheat it 6 months from now in which the bad stuff has had time to multiply to levels that overwhelm you body's defenses.

No one does that from their home, because it's cost prohibitive.
Any homemade food products are subject to licensing and regulations before offering food to the public.
The bill proposed does not get rid of them, just the inspectors who are abusing their authority.
Inspectors should not be able to shut down a privately owned kitchen food business without any complaints from the customers.

Once a customer complains - it can be too late.

Wanna do business - play by the rules.
And "the rules" in business are not written by the gov't but by the market. A market that assumes consumers are free to choose and concerned with their own welfare. That excludes bed wetting nanny staters like nodog.

Shelter kitchens are inspected in our area as are church kitchens, and if you pay attention to it, bad sanitation practices have sickened people at picnics/reunions/potlucks fairly regularly. Usually gets traced back to something with mayo being left out too long or dirty can openers as people seldom think to throw the can opener into the dishwasher on a regular basis.

You think that someone who wants to sell their food products from home would not be more sanitary?

Yes I think that people do not clean their counter tops, cutting boards, and can openers with industrial strength cleaners, nor take their stainless steel mixers completely apart to clean them inside and out.

If you think that way about it, then no one should eat in their own kitchen let alone anyone else's home, or heaven forbid buy something from someone's own home cooked products.

In your own kitchen, you eat your chicken when you take it out of the oven. You do not package it, freeze it, thaw it, and reheat it 6 months from now in which the bad stuff has had time to multiply to levels that overwhelm you body's defenses.

Any homemade food products are subject to licensing and regulations before offering food to the public.
The bill proposed does not get rid of them, just the inspectors who are abusing their authority.
Inspectors should not be able to shut down a privately owned kitchen food business without any complaints from the customers.

Sure and the police shouldn't be allowed to shut down a meth lab as long as the customers aren't complaining either :420:

Dead customers don't complain.

And when their families do - they get accused of trying to profiteer from the death of a loved one.

Some people just want to put extra coin in their pocket by skirting the rules.

Sure and the police shouldn't be allowed to shut down a meth lab as long as the customers aren't complaining either :420:
You didnt just compare meth to apple pie and the liek, did you?

Dead customers don't complain.

And when their families do - they get accused of trying to profiteer from the death of a loved one.

Some people just want to put extra coin in their pocket by skirting the rules.
Only idiots like you accuse them of that. So what? Government doesnt need to intrude into private businesses period.

Dream on, pal.

There are definitely high quality creams out there for your many vast and sundry anal warts, fake Rabbi.

Lets just carry that same theory a little further. Crack dealers should not be shut down without complaints from their customers. Or prostitutes should not be shut down without complaints from their customers. Or The KKK should not be shut down from having a bake sale in front of a synagogue without complaints from their customers. Sorry, you probably agree with the last one

He sure did :rofl:

Lets just carry that same theory a little further. Crack dealers should not be shut down without complaints from their customers. Or prostitutes should not be shut down without complaints from their customers. Or The KKK should not be shut down from having a bake sale in front of a synagogue without complaints from their customers. Sorry, you probably agree with the last one

You are using illegal activities.

History has shown that a free marketplace is not sufficient to protect consumers from unsafe products. We tried it that way and it failed miserably. There is a balance and perhaps we have swung too far into over-regulation in some areas. But this ain't one of those times. IMHO.

No I compared a government out of control for daring to have regulations that they enforce when there are no specific complaints. Tyranny plain and simple that we should have semi-confidence in the safety of our foods and medicines when mass casualty events are so much more what the Founders would have wanted.

Forum List

Back