GOP Debate In Charleston Tonight--8 Eastern

I've never taken Santorum seriously. Always saw him as a joke. After tonight I have to reassess him. Hell, I found myself pondering voting for him.

Santorum talks a good game but it's just that -- talk -- and it's usually full of half-truths. For instance, he wants to expand both domestic manufacturing and foreign military intervention. Forget about whether we should or shouldn't take that approach, the fact is it would be impossible to accomplish both without astronomical tax hikes. The two are mutually exclusive. The reason for that involves somewhat complex macroeconomic concepts but simply put; our fed gov shuts down domestic production by making it noncompetitive -->individuals and businesses send $USDs overseas via import purchases --> foreign entities send those $USDs to the fed gov via purchasing US debt --> fed gov increases military spending. So the only way to sustain our current levels of military spending without drastically raising taxes is by ensuring the US maintains large trade deficits. Santorum isn't dumb and holds a MBA so I have to assume he knows this, but half-truths are synonymous with politics these days.

Your puzzle is missing more than a few pieces.

I've learned to take his username at it's word.
:eusa_whistle:

Santorum talks a good game but it's just that -- talk -- and it's usually full of half-truths. For instance, he wants to expand both domestic manufacturing and foreign military intervention. Forget about whether we should or shouldn't take that approach, the fact is it would be impossible to accomplish both without astronomical tax hikes. The two are mutually exclusive. The reason for that involves somewhat complex macroeconomic concepts but simply put; our fed gov shuts down domestic production by making it noncompetitive -->individuals and businesses send $USDs overseas via import purchases --> foreign entities send those $USDs to the fed gov via purchasing US debt --> fed gov increases military spending. So the only way to sustain our current levels of military spending without drastically raising taxes is by ensuring the US maintains large trade deficits. Santorum isn't dumb and holds a MBA so I have to assume he knows this, but half-truths are synonymous with politics these days.

I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible but if there's something you'd like to add feel free.

I think you are misrepresenting Santorum's interests. It's a tangent. Those are your words, not his. Our reality is much more complicated than your projection.

Most CNN analysts are giving this to Gingrich. Very surprising. I think the surprise was Santorum. Will be interesting to see the polls after this. Have to give John King of CNN credit for his professionalism after the attack from Gingrich. They had a nice conversation after the debate per King.

Evidently Romney did not make much headway tonite.

Last edited:
Funny, Ive studied the Gospel in depth well over a decade. That's never what I've gotten from it. Quite the Opposite. I've gotten the wisdom of men inspired by the Holy Spirit who were taught the plan of Redemption by God. That even though we are in a fallen and sometimes scary world, we can trust God and have courage to overcome our fear with love.

Oh and not all churches pay their pastors. Mine doesn't. we have a lay ministry. Those who are called, serve without taking a cent for themselves.

Of course that's not what you learned. You didn't approach it with a logical open mind. Look, I'm all for living by the teachings that the bible offers. But to push it when not needed will evoke the same response from me as the gay agenda. Keep it to yourself or those that wish to hear it. I've tried really hard to not mock those that believe the earth is a few thousand years old and was created in days. And I'd like to keep it that way. Mutual respect.

How long was that first day again? ;)

That depends on the interpretation. Beyond the leviathon or the gap theory where do dinosaurs fit in?

Most CNN analysts are giving this to Gingrich. Very surprising. I think the surprise was Santorum. Will be interesting to see the polls after this. Have to give John King of CNN credit for his professionalism after the attack from Gingrich. They had a nice conversation after the debate per King.

:lol: It's CNN, what do you expect?

Bull, the bible teaches fear in its purest form. If you don't give yourself to God your damned to eternal hell and fire forever.

I have no problem with those who chose to live by the bible or word of god. But those that push it publicly despite being shut down have 0 respect in my world. Give your 10% to your church, of which 7% goes directly into the pastors pocket. I will help the poor directly.

Funny, Ive studied the Gospel in depth well over a decade. That's never what I've gotten from it. Quite the Opposite. I've gotten the wisdom of men inspired by the Holy Spirit who were taught the plan of Redemption by God. That even though we are in a fallen and sometimes scary world, we can trust God and have courage to overcome our fear with love.

Oh and not all churches pay their pastors. Mine doesn't. we have a lay ministry. Those who are called, serve without taking a cent for themselves.

Of course that's not what you learned. You didn't approach it with a logical open mind. Look, I'm all for living by the teachings that the bible offers. But to push it when not needed will evoke the same response from me as the gay agenda. Keep it to yourself or those that wish to hear it. I've tried really hard to not mock those that believe the earth is a few thousand years old and was created in days. And I'd like to keep it that way. Mutual respect.

So because I didn't reach the same conclusion you did, I didn't approach it with a logical open mind? When I started studying the scriptures I had no clue whether there was a God. I thought there probably was, but I didn't know if there was. I didn't know whether it was possible to know Him. I had no clue whether the Bible was true or even what was in the Bible. I didn't know much about many faiths. But I wanted to know.

I read in the scriptures that it's possible to know. So I concluded that if there was an All powerful, all knowing God, He would have the ability to communicate with His creation. I didn't know if there was, if He would, or how I would know. But i conclude that the only way to find out was to experiment on the word as the scriptures recommend. Study it out and enact it in my life and find out for myself what the results would be.

That's illogical and close minded? If you think so, that's fine, but I humbly half to disagree.

The day I learned for myself that God was real and the scriptures were true was a day that changed my life forever. Barring an accident that gives me amnedia or Alzhemiers, I will forever remember that day with joy and thanksgiving because when I learned that, I was able to learn and apply other things the Gospel teaches. And by doing so my life has been increasingly enriched.

So I have to humbly disagree with you. you way is not the only logical open minded way to study.

That depends on the interpretation. Beyond the leviathon or the gap theory where do dinosaurs fit in?

Right. So why lock in to conclusion? Where do dinosaurs fit in? Pets? :lol:

24 hours like all days. Unless of course, when called on it, the holy rollers change the rules whereby there is this new "god day", which can encompass a millions year or more. To which I ask the rhetorical question, "why not just say millions of years instead of days?" The answers being:

1) Because when the bible was written the people who wrote the stories did actually mean a 24 hour day to show how powerful their god was
2) Fast forward 2000 years and the holy rollers suddenly realise how silly that sounds so decided to come up with the mythical "god years"

Go figure...:cool:

Which is interesting because Romney dominated Newt on multiple points.

I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible but if there's something you'd like to add feel free.

I think you are misrepresenting Santorum's interests. It's a tangent. Those are your words, not his. Our reality is much more complicated than your projection.

In order to sustain current military spending let alone increase it, the gov must either increase tax revenue or sell sovereign debt unless Santorum is hiding something revolutionary up his sleeve like Nixon did.

I'm connecting the dots here because Santorum isn't. If he wants to explain how to solve the Triffin dilemma fundamental to our trade deficit he's free to do so but he has as of now simply avoided the issue.

So because I didn't reach the same conclusion you did, I didn't approach it with a logical open mind? When I started studying the scriptures I had no clue whether there was a God. I thought there probably was, but I didn't know if there was. I didn't know whether it was possible to know Him. I had no clue whether the Bible was true or even what was in the Bible. I didn't know much about many faiths. But I wanted to know.

I read in the scriptures that it's possible to know. So I concluded that if there was an All powerful, all knowing God, He would have the ability to communicate with His creation. I didn't know if there was, if He would, or how I would know. But i conclude that the only way to find out was to experiment on the word as the scriptures recommend. Study it out and enact it in my life and find out for myself what the results would be.

That's illogical and close minded? If you think so, that's fine, but I humbly half to disagree.

The day I learned for myself that God was real and the scriptures were true was a day that changed my life forever. Barring an accident that gives me amnedia or Alzhemiers, I will forever remember that day with joy and thanksgiving because when I learned that, I was able to learn and apply other things the Gospel teaches. And by doing so my life has been increasingly enriched.

So I have to humbly disagree with you. you way is not the only logical open minded way to study.

I know I said I was done but I didn't want you to think I just studied it from a theological perspective. I believed, I gave testimony. And then I woke up. I do however respect your beliefs. But they are yours not mine. When I post here everyday I don't end it with the condition that my belief is the only way. In fact I don't even mention it. You do and it gets old.

Peace

Forum List

Back