GOP Debate In Charleston Tonight--8 Eastern

Prove it...

She can't and no one can. Religion is no better than big govt. It's an attempt to control the masses with fear.

The Gospel abolishes fear. It replaces it with love.

Bull, the bible teaches fear in its purest form. If you don't give yourself to God your damned to eternal hell and fire forever.

I have no problem with those who chose to live by the bible or word of god. But those that push it publicly despite being shut down have 0 respect in my world. Give your 10% to your church, of which 7% goes directly into the pastors pocket. I will help the poor directly.

Repeat after me:
"Talking to myself is not god speaking to me."
or
"My conscience talking to me is not god speaking to me"..

You would do good to study it more.

I studied it tons. For nearly a decade. It's hogwash. I do believe most of the bible is real BUT its man's interpretation of what they saw and heard that's flawed. The bible was written BY MAN but were supposed to believe its the word of god. Nonsense.

The Bible contains the Word of God. It also contains the word of good men and bad men. The word of satan and angels. And the word of an ass rebuking his master on the road.

Since this still is a thread on the debate, can anyone call a winner for the night without preconceived biases?

I can live with any of them getting the Nomination. I liked Santorum best tonight.

Newt carrying allot of weight right now with his Ex. That did effect his performance.

That is not "all I've got". It was what came to mind when he was whining.

You do well when you are polite and keep things simple. When you try to be snarky and sarcastic.....you fail. This is because you do not have the intelligence needed to pull it off.

Not being snarky or sarcastic. Just responding to your comments.

BTW insulting my intelligence? Seriously? That's the best you can do? You think that is an intelligent and superior position? Any idiot can call someone else stupid. Internet boards abound with evidence to support that.

I think you are better than that. I may be wrong, but I dont think I am.

Listen. I read the shit that you write. I am pretty sure that I have a handle on the depth of your intelligence. I didn't call you stupid. I said that you do not have the intelligence needed to pull off sarcasm or snarkiness. You are not stupid. There are stupid people posting here.....but you are not one of them.

Fair enough. I clearly misinterpreted you and I apologize.

Since this still is a thread on the debate, can anyone call a winner for the night without preconceived biases?

I came in with a preconceived bias towards Gingrich but left applauding Santorum.

:clap2:

Very interesting! I expected to see a strong Gingrich and he was there4 but I was also interested more in Santorum. Think Santorum came out of this very well, too!

You would do good to study it more.

I studied it tons. For nearly a decade. It's hogwash. I do believe most of the bible is real BUT its man's interpretation of what they saw and heard that's flawed. The bible was written BY MAN but were supposed to believe its the word of god. Nonsense.

Then take it to the Religion/Ethics forum, children
:eusa_hand:

I didn't bring it up. But I'm tired of reading about it so I spoke up, sorry.

Not being snarky or sarcastic. Just responding to your comments.

BTW insulting my intelligence? Seriously? That's the best you can do? You think that is an intelligent and superior position? Any idiot can call someone else stupid. Internet boards abound with evidence to support that.

I think you are better than that. I may be wrong, but I dont think I am.

Listen. I read the shit that you write. I am pretty sure that I have a handle on the depth of your intelligence. I didn't call you stupid. I said that you do not have the intelligence needed to pull off sarcasm or snarkiness. You are not stupid. There are stupid people posting here.....but you are not one of them.

Fair enough. I clearly misinterpreted you and I apologize.

No apology needed. It was I who was less than kind.

She can't and no one can. Religion is no better than big govt. It's an attempt to control the masses with fear.

Bull, the bible teaches fear in its purest form. If you don't give yourself to God your damned to eternal hell and fire forever.

I have no problem with those who chose to live by the bible or word of god. But those that push it publicly despite being shut down have 0 respect in my world. Give your 10% to your church, of which 7% goes directly into the pastors pocket. I will help the poor directly.

Funny, Ive studied the Gospel in depth well over a decade. That's never what I've gotten from it. Quite the Opposite. I've gotten the wisdom of men inspired by the Holy Spirit who were taught the plan of Redemption by God. That even though we are in a fallen and sometimes scary world, we can trust God and have courage to overcome our fear with love.

Oh and not all churches pay their pastors. Mine doesn't. we have a lay ministry. Those who are called, serve without taking a cent for themselves.

I can live with any of them getting the Nomination. I liked Santorum best tonight.

Newt carrying allot of weight right now with his Ex. That did effect his performance.

CNN is saying bloggers liked the Newt response and they think he hit it out of the ball park with his answer. But I want to see more Santorum, too.

I came in with a preconceived bias towards Gingrich but left applauding Santorum.

:clap2:

That's why I'd give the win to Santorum. Just because he surprised alot of people and had great points. Don't be surprised if he does better in SC than polls are projecting.

I've never taken Santorum seriously. Always saw him as a joke. After tonight I have to reassess him. Hell, I found myself pondering voting for him.

Santorum talks a good game but it's just that -- talk -- and it's usually full of half-truths. For instance, he wants to expand both domestic manufacturing and foreign military intervention. Forget about whether we should or shouldn't take that approach, the fact is it would be impossible to accomplish both without astronomical tax hikes. The two are mutually exclusive. The reason for that involves somewhat complex macroeconomic concepts but simply put; our fed gov shuts down domestic production by making it noncompetitive -->individuals and businesses send $USDs overseas via import purchases --> foreign entities send those $USDs to the fed gov via purchasing US debt --> fed gov increases military spending. So the only way to sustain our current levels of military spending without drastically raising taxes is by ensuring the US maintains large trade deficits. Santorum isn't dumb and holds a MBA so I have to assume he knows this, but half-truths are synonymous with politics these days.

I've never taken Santorum seriously. Always saw him as a joke. After tonight I have to reassess him. Hell, I found myself pondering voting for him.

Santorum talks a good game but it's just that -- talk -- and it's usually full of half-truths. For instance, he wants to expand both domestic manufacturing and foreign military intervention. Forget about whether we should or shouldn't take that approach, the fact is it would be impossible to accomplish both without astronomical tax hikes. The two are mutually exclusive. The reason for that involves somewhat complex macroeconomic concepts but simply put; our fed gov shuts down domestic production by making it noncompetitive -->individuals and businesses send $USDs overseas via import purchases --> foreign entities send those $USDs to the fed gov via purchasing US debt --> fed gov increases military spending. So the only way to sustain our current levels of military spending without drastically raising taxes is by ensuring the US maintains large trade deficits. Santorum isn't dumb and holds a MBA so I have to assume he knows this, but half-truths are synonymous with politics these days.

Your puzzle is missing more than a few pieces.

Funny, Ive studied the Gospel in depth well over a decade. That's never what I've gotten from it. Quite the Opposite. I've gotten the wisdom of men inspired by the Holy Spirit who were taught the plan of Redemption by God. That even though we are in a fallen and sometimes scary world, we can trust God and have courage to overcome our fear with love.

Oh and not all churches pay their pastors. Mine doesn't. we have a lay ministry. Those who are called, serve without taking a cent for themselves.

Of course that's not what you learned. You didn't approach it with a logical open mind. Look, I'm all for living by the teachings that the bible offers. But to push it when not needed will evoke the same response from me as the gay agenda. Keep it to yourself or those that wish to hear it. I've tried really hard to not mock those that believe the earth is a few thousand years old and was created in days. And I'd like to keep it that way. Mutual respect.

Sometimes people see only what they want to see. Sometimes, paybacks are a bitch too. Go with what you know. ;)

Your puzzle is missing more than a few pieces.

I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible but if there's something you'd like to add feel free.

Of course that's not what you learned. You didn't approach it with a logical open mind. Look, I'm all for living by the teachings that the bible offers. But to push it when not needed will evoke the same response from me as the gay agenda. Keep it to yourself or those that wish to hear it. I've tried really hard to not mock those that believe the earth is a few thousand years old and was created in days. And I'd like to keep it that way. Mutual respect.

How long was that first day again? ;)

I find it cute you mentioned evolution. Having attended a catholic school that taught evolution.

Forum List

Back