Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day.
Yes, and they follow rules, laws, precedents, practices,

No, you're referencing new law. Your link is 2018 plus supplements.

If only you had known to look at the bottom of that statute, you would have seen a portion of it was amended in 2021...

(Pub. L. 107–117, div. B, §911, Jan. 10, 2002, 115 Stat. 2322; Pub. L. 117–77, §2(a), Dec. 22, 2021, 135 Stat. 1522.)

And what was amended in 2021? Had you clicked on that date in your link and it would have seen...

Savvy?

That's your argument about emergencies and who has authority to call up the DCNG. That law didn't exist on 1/6/21. It was created because of 1/6/21 on 12/22/21. Like I said, but you ignored, if you want to argue the law, argue what the law was then. Not what it is now.

Nancy's role in this has long been debated and nothing has been proven that she did anything wrong. Who knows what you read or what you thought that changes that after 3⅓ years.
This law did exist since 2018, and much longer. We could go through it? Or not.

After reading the precedents, I say it is clear she did everything wrong.

I quoted the law you posted. It says the Capitol Police Board is authorized to call up the national guard. :itsok:
Yes, as they follow the steps in the Emergency Plan to Protect the Capitol

I am going to get to these after action reports, I think that is what they are called, showing all the changes they recommend.

I think when looked at, along with the previous precedents, we will find some glaring concerns. I just had a thought, I can compare the precedents that are made, after Nov. 6th to see how they appear compared to the previous precedents when Federal Troops were deployed.

And I have barely touched the precedents.

when requested by the Capitol Police Board
The Speaker of the House is neither the Capitol Police Board nor in charge of the Capitol Police Board.
I dont know why I have not been thanking your posts since the beginning of your posting. Your posts are challenging to me and have caused me to dig deeper. They have not been trolling. I dont think. My thanks to your posts is what I have been doing except to the pricks, and I am sorry I some how got a bit blinded by my zealous nature, I got to be nice to me so I say zealous. I guess I am the prick.

Are you saying that the then president of the United States was helpless?
And had to wait 2 hours for some one else too decide what to do?
Trump had already made the decision as to what to do. Trump authorized the Department of Defense, the DOD gave authority to the General.

and, you are right, the Executive branch had to wait for the Legislative branch to authorize Federal troops into the Legislative branch jurisdiction.

she does not have to tell irving not to deploy, she simply has to refuse to declare an emergency
But again, there is a manual or plan that addresses this which we do not have access to
The Emergency Plan to Protect the Capitol.

On J6, the Capitol Police Board did not need Pelosi to declare an emergency to call for the DCNG to be activated.

That depends what you define attack as. How is it that 90,000 people were not able to over run the Capitol Police in minutes and capture the Capitol as you seem to claim happened, after 5 hours?

90,000 attacking since noon, against 300 police not firing guns. How did the 90,000 not take over in minutes?
The cops heroically defended the Capitol.

It was medieval warfare

Trump had already made the decision as to what to do. Trump authorized the Department of Defense, the DOD gave authority to the General.

and, you are right, the Executive branch had to wait for the Legislative branch to authorize Federal troops into the Legislative branch jurisdiction.
They did NOT have to wait for the Legislative branch to do anything

You’re making that up.

Over and over

On J6, the Capitol Police Board did not need Pelosi to declare an emergency to call for the DCNG to be activated.
Who declares the emergency, I dont see the law stating it is the Capitol Police or the Capitol Police Board.
Certain laws do not take effect until it is an emergency, what document defines this. It can not be just some mid-level official? It must be defined, in a document.

One document is missing. That will be the next document I look into. Not to argue with you, but being in the military, righting procedures and operating procedures, at about the lowest level of command, for an electronics repair shop attached to a platoon. Everything we had to do had to be written in detail, all referenced up to and tied into law.

All words, everything is defined.

An Emergency, must be defined and declared. I have seen anything that states the Capitol board declares the emergency, unless I am being forgetful cause I am tired.

I have searched the documents I have linked to, searched the word, Emergency. I need to research the Capitol Police board, the architect of the capitol, and finish the precedents, that show the Speaker of the House at least, requesting Federal Troops.

Yes, as they follow the steps in the Emergency Plan to Protect the Capitol

I am going to get to these after action reports, I think that is what they are called, showing all the changes they recommend.

I think when looked at, along with the previous precedents, we will find some glaring concerns. I just had a thought, I can compare the precedents that are made, after Nov. 6th to see how they appear compared to the previous precedents when Federal Troops were deployed.

And I have barely touched the precedents.

Where does it state the House Speaker has to declare an emergency before the CPB can request DCNG assistance?

Trump did that on J6?

Where does it state the House Speaker has to declare an emergency before the CPB can request DCNG assistance?
The law states during an emergency, someone must declare an emergency. This may seem nit picking but it is a point.

My day at work is over, I must drive home, I am not running away or nothing. I wont get back to this tonight nor tomorrow I dont think. But I will.

I agree the law was changed, I am still looking at that. I do not think I need the wayback machine for that. I got a nice list at the top of the page that takes me to the current law from the previous. That change does not change much that I can see and is a point I dont think I have argued, or have not argued in a bit.

At this time, I will figure out who declares an emergency. It has to be in a Procedure, Standard Operating Procedure. I do know that I cant be in the law. I am pretty sure I went through all the titles. It is definitely not in the House Rules or the General Practices.

The Precedents, certainly lend themselves to the speaker authorizing Troops but the precedents I have read thus far have not stated who declares and emergency.

I will back track to check out the Chief of Police, I have not got into the Capitol Police Board much, there is the Architect of the Capitol to look into, and even the doorkeeper, although I am pretty confident the Doorkeeper does not come into play

12 volumes of precedents to look through. Which will give examples of Troops called during an emergency by the speaker, not sure about the declaration of an emergency.

Prior, the DOD was given the authority, but I dont think it was overall authority, not for anything specific which I dont think was needed

That was not even a request. It was a suggestion along the lines of, you're gonna need 10000 troops. And it was in context of protecting his supporters. He said that to Miller who took no action, later stating he didn't think Trump was serious.

Forum List

Back