So who won last night's GOP debate in Milwaukee?

Who won the GOP debate?

• DeSantis

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ramaswamy

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Scott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pence

• Christie

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Haley

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Hutchinson

• Burgum

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Trump

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Personally, I think Trump won. Like the quote from the 1983 movie "WarGames", the only winning move is not to play.

How Trump Won The Debate He Shunned​

"As Republican presidential hopefuls duked it out onstage in the first GOP debate, Donald Trump and his allies embarked on a different strategy: Wage a social media war.

Instead of flying into Milwaukee to let his rivals take shots at the king, Trump opted for a more hospitable option: a Tucker Carlson interview aired on X, formerly known as Twitter. The intention was far from ambiguous. The former President relishes upstaging and outshining his adversaries, and siphoning away an audience for one of the biggest early events of the election epitomized a Trumpian tactic. It would serve to humiliate not only the other candidates running for the GOP nomination, but Fox News, the once-friendly network that has since turned against him."

How Trump Won the Debate he Shunned

Trump has such a lead he need not debate any of them.............ever.

And the same might be said about not debating Biden.

For the first time in US history, we may not have Presidential debates.

Having all those legal cases over the head of Trump is reason enough not to say a word.

Trump has such a lead he need not debate any of them.............ever.

And the same might be said about not debating Biden.

For the first time in US history, we may not have Presidential debates.

Having all those legal cases over the head of Trump is reason enough not to say a word.

I'm pretty sure Trump would jump at the chance to debate Biden. Many of the things Trump brought up in the 2016 debate were either laughed at, or stifled by the moderators. Like the fact that the Biden's son was given $3.5 million from the wife of the former Mayor of Moscow. The real question is why would Joe Biden refuse to debate Trump? We can pretty much guess the answer to that. It's not because of Biden's popularity, it's because he's mentally and physically unfit to debate Donald Trump.

I'm pretty sure Trump would jump at the chance to debate Biden. Many of the things Trump brought up in the 2016 debate were either laughed at, or stifled by the moderators. Like the fact that the Biden's son was given $3.5 million from the wife of the former Mayor of Moscow. The real question is why would Joe Biden refuse to debate Trump? We can pretty much guess the answer to that. It's not because of Biden's popularity, it's because he's mentally and physically unfit to debate Donald Trump.
Trump's first debate with Biden was awful, unwatchable.

I may never forgive Trump for that performance.

But against Ted Cruz Trump was magnificent.

Donald Trump won. He won without showing up. He won without saying a word. He won despite the fact that he's gonna do the perp walk later today. :)
There was a moment last night when the candidates were asked if they'd support Trump as the nominee if he were convicted. Six of them raised their hands.
In that moment, we were witnessing the end of the Republican party as we have known it. A moment of surrender. Capitulation. Reality setting in that without the MAGA base, or at least some of it, no Republican can win.
That puts a knife in the party.

On the stage last night, Nikki Haley actually ended up winning. Mostly because she took Viv's bullshit apart..quite well too. If Republicans were smart, they'd throw their support behind her.
Because she actually has a chance of winning a general election. Ron DeSantis took the shotgun and permanently put a hole in his campaign. He may as well just drop out. Don't know
why he didn't wait until 2028 (like Chris Sununu). Hutchinson, Christie, Scott, and Pence have no chance. They were non factors. And finally, Viv...is just Viv. He's full of shit. No shot at winning. But mark my
words, no matter what he says, Viv is angling to be Trump's VP pick.

Top three right now

DeSantis
Ramaswamy
Pence
I don't think we watched the same debate. :)
DeSantis effectively ended his campaign last night. He's not ready. Don't know if he will ever be.
Pence was milquetoast as usual. Both men said they'd support Trump as the nominee if he were convicted.

Viv came in hot and was gloming the MAGA base until Nikki Haley took his bullshit apart.
She won the stage last night. Trump won the debate.

Let's be blunt.

The 2016 debates were -

Trump acting like a petulent child at the first one.
Trump refusing to show up to the second one.
Trump stewing like a punished child at the third one when they turned off his mike.

DeSantis effectively ended his campaign last night. He's not ready. Don't know if he will ever be.
Pence was milquetoast as usual. Both men said they'd support Trump as the nominee if he were convicted.

Viv came in hot and was gloming the MAGA base until Nikki Haley took his bullshit apart.
DeSantis gives you nightmares, doesn't he.

He may not have the charisma, but he actually has stood up to the Left, their wokism and Soros DA's, at least.

I can't think of another politician who has dared to do that.

DeSantis also had the largest margin of votes to win than any other GOP candidate last election.

Donald Trump won. He won without showing up. He won without saying a word. He won despite the fact that he's gonna do the perp walk later today. :)
There was a moment last night when the candidates were asked if they'd support Trump as the nominee if he were convicted. Six of them raised their hands.
In that moment, we were witnessing the end of the Republican party as we have known it. A moment of surrender. Capitulation. Reality setting in that without the MAGA base, or at least some of it, no Republican can win.
That puts a knife in the party.

On the stage last night, Nikki Haley actually ended up winning. Mostly because she took Viv's bullshit apart..quite well too. If Republicans were smart, they'd throw their support behind her.
Because she actually has a chance of winning a general election. Ron DeSantis took the shotgun and permanently put a hole in his campaign. He may as well just drop out. Don't know
why he didn't wait until 2028 (like Chris Sununu). Hutchinson, Christie, Scott, and Pence have no chance. They were non factors. And finally, Viv...is just Viv. He's full of shit. No shot at winning. But mark my
words, no matter what he says, Viv is angling to be Trump's VP pick.
We ended up with the Patriot Act and Homeland Security with people Like Haley. Our police/security/law people are making citizens criminals now for anything. A parent complaining about their 6-year-old child having and adult push his ball sack onto their faces are arrested as felons. Haley and others are the same. They are the real novices as the legislation they end up passing comes home to make us all criminals years later. We need to whittle this down. We need not to be suckers again. As Trump was and Reagan was with George Senior.

He may not have the charisma, but he actually has stood up to the Left, their wokism and Soros DA's, at least.

No. Charisma???...Are you kidding me? :auiqs.jpg:The guy is a toothless kitty cat. He's a fascist, strongman wannabe. He's unlikeable. Every time he opens his mouth, his approval rating goes down.
I actually thought he was going to be the heir apparent to Trump. But he can't even get the MAGA base onboard.

He went to war with one of his state's largest employers. A governor....
That makes him unfit to be President right there. :)

We ended up with the Patriot Act and Homeland Security with people Like Haley. Our police/security/law people are making citizens criminals now for anything. A parent complaining about their 6-year-old child having and adult push his ball sack onto their faces are arrested as felons. Haley and others are the same. They are the real novices as the legislation they end up passing comes home to make us all criminals years later. We need to whittle this down. We need not to be suckers again. As Trump was and Reagan was with George Senior.
What the fuck does this have to do with the debate last night?
You really need to get the bus back on the road. :)

No. Charisma???...Are you kidding me? :auiqs.jpg:The guy is a toothless kitty cat. He's a fascist, strongman wannabe. He's unlikeable. Every time he opens his mouth, his approval rating goes down.
I actually thought he was going to be the heir apparent to Trump. But he can't even get the MAGA base onboard.

He went to war with one of his state's largest employers. A governor....
That makes him unfit to be President right there. :)
DeSantis had the most attack ads taken out against them than both Biden and Trump combined

They seem scared.

There ya go, thinking a liberals take means anything….

There ya go, thinking a liberals take means anything….
As much worth as yours is.

I mean, did you even watch the debate. I did.
And I wouldn't have picked any of the three you mentioned.
Your picks are wishful Republican thinking.
What I'm thinking???...Republicans may be done. :)

Yeah, Pence sounded experienced, even though he’s not really a choice in the end….Trump will destroy him….

meh, I guess you could say Haley tied for third on that list…

I thought Pence's responses sounded canned and pre-rehearsed, too much like someone who's been in office too long.

DeSantis also had the largest margin of votes to win than any other GOP candidate last election.

Um, yeah, I have no desire to live under the Live Action Version of "A Handmaid's Tale", thank you very much.

Jesus Christ, he's spent the last two years attacking Disney. DISNEY!!! You don't get more American than that.

Forum List

Back