Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

Conservatism has indeed become a cult, or at least the TPM component of it.

It was this cast of characters and the pernicious ideas they represent that impelled me to end a nearly 30-year career as a professional staff member on Capitol Hill. A couple of months ago, I retired; but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism. Republicans were willing to lay off 4,000 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) employees, 70,000 private construction workers and let FAA safety inspectors work without pay, in fact, forcing them to pay for their own work-related travel - how prudent is that? - in order to strong arm some union-busting provisions into the FAA reauthorization.

Correct.

This is very much a form of political terrorism, holding hostage the people’s business.

ah the air force. yeah everyone goes in the air force for a vacation.
:lol:
Don't forget the Gummint bennies!

that i pay for. So why is he posting on my dime. He should be working...slacker....Dont get this shit in the other branches.

I'm retired from the military, dumbfuck. :lol:

I can't help but notice that you never bitch about Failho posting from work. Oh, that's right -- he's a fellow leftist. You're incapable of criticizing each other.

that i pay for. So why is he posting on my dime. He should be working...slacker....Dont get this shit in the other branches.
On another forum, he would post all day long - the timestamps proved it - while he was supposed to be maintaining air force sump pumps.

Your taxpayer dollars (not) at work.
That is, of course, a lie. Two, actually.

I never posted from work. I was too busy. And I didn't maintain sump pumps. The pumps I maintained were fire deluge pumps serving aircraft hangars.

Oh, and you need to make up your tiny little mind. Was I in the Air Force, or not?

I'm curious, too -- why do you refuse to say what you allegedly did for DoD in the Middle East?

My guess is you were in a USO band.

I can safely say I've never posted a picture of my ass on the internet. :lol:

Oh, and serving 20 years in the United States Air Force isn't playing dress up, retard.

Some of those who were in the Air Force did recieve the same combat trainning as those in some army commands. So no the Air Force is not a vacation spot.
Now, pretty much every deploying Airman goes through Combat Skills Training.

Of course, it goes without saying that Synthia and Plasmaboi couldn't hack it.

I can't help but notice that you never bitch about Failho posting from work. Oh, that's right -- he's a fellow leftist. You're incapable of criticizing each other.

you get a pension? Health benefits. ? yup my dime.

Flayo should be scrubbing something.
I earned my benefits. You don't like it? Tough shit.

I earned my benefits. You don't like it? Tough shit.

blowing your commanding officer sure is "earning" it.
I see you're all out of logic and reason. Of course, I've never seen any from you to begin with.

That's because you're a leftist, operating solely on emotion.

Now, you will predictably screech "Nuh-UH!!" and express more homophobia.

blowing your commanding officer sure is "earning" it.
I see you're all out of logic and reason. Of course, I've never seen any from you to begin with.

That's because you're a leftist, operating solely on emotion.

Now, you will predictably screech "Nuh-UH!!" and express more homophobia.

leftist hahaahhahahhahaahhahahaah more talking out of your ass..

If you don't like being called a leftist, stop spouting leftist horseshit.

Simple, huh?

The American Political Scientists Association Fellowship Program places political science graduate students in the offices of our representatives (house and senate) for one year.

“Fellows serve on both sides of the aisle in the House and Senate, and the assignment is for personal or committee staff ”

They serve half of their year with democrat, and half with republican representatives.

It is conceivable, that for whatever personal reason, a Fellow might choose to become a permanent staff member of representative of a party to which he felt no real fealty.

APSA Congressional Fellowship Program - YouTube

The American Political Scientists Association Fellowship Program places political science graduate students in the offices of our representatives (house and senate) for one year.

“Fellows serve on both sides of the aisle in the House and Senate, and the assignment is for personal or committee staff ”

They serve half of their year with democrat, and half with republican representatives.

It is conceivable, that for whatever personal reason, a Fellow might choose to become a permanent staff member of representative of a party to which he felt no real fealty.

APSA Congressional Fellowship Program - YouTube
No, that's impossible. The only rational indication of a person's party affiliation is who he works for.

And for DAMN sure don't pay any attention to his political donations.

Some of those who were in the Air Force did recieve the same combat trainning as those in some army commands. So no the Air Force is not a vacation spot.

lol you never served....why would the military take in a retard?

I went through ABGD in 1982 yes I served and recieved combat training. The only retard is those to old to play with transformers and still do.

Flaylo spends his duty time in the base laundry, scrubbing skidmarks from underwear.

Conservatism has indeed become a cult, or at least the TPM component of it.

It was this cast of characters and the pernicious ideas they represent that impelled me to end a nearly 30-year career as a professional staff member on Capitol Hill. A couple of months ago, I retired; but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism. Republicans were willing to lay off 4,000 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) employees, 70,000 private construction workers and let FAA safety inspectors work without pay, in fact, forcing them to pay for their own work-related travel - how prudent is that? - in order to strong arm some union-busting provisions into the FAA reauthorization.

Correct.

This is very much a form of political terrorism, holding hostage the people’s business.

Puhleeze. This definition makes a mockery of the term. Libturds are attempting to define any opposition to Obama's schemes as "terrorism." If these goons could do what they wanted to do, they would be calling anyone who opposed Obama an "enemy of the state" and executing them or sending them to a gulag.

Last edited:

So, you're living off of the taxpayers?

lol you never served....
Oh, fuck off, you pussy.
why would the military take in a retard?
Dunno. What did the recruiter tell you when he showed you the door?

So, you're living off of the taxpayers?
Man, you leftists absolutely hate the military, don't you? :lol:

I get a pension because I served 20 years in uniform. I had a contract with the government.

You don't like it, either? Tough shit to you, too.

Forum List

Back