Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

where did I deflect?
Remember, anything less than instant, fawning acceptance and adulation is deflection.
Choosing this thread to talk about my sigline is deflection.

What else can I teach you today?

There was not a single substantive answer from the republicans on board, if someone thinks I missed one please provide link. It is always the messenger, or the source, or the finger gets pointed in the other direction as if two or more wrongs justify this sort of un-American policy. If this guy doesn't know the inside of the republican power structure, no one would. But honesty for republicans is a lost art. One wonders if twenty five years ago things were different. In truth though democrats are just as bad.

"In 'America: Who Really Pays The Taxes?', two investigative reporters with the Philadelphia Inquirer, Donald Barlett and James Steele, traced the path by which tax rates for the very rich got lower and lower. It was not the Republicans but the Democrats-the Kennedy-Johnson administrations-who, under the guise of "tax reform," first lowered the World War II-era rate of 91 percent on incomes over $400,000 a year to 70 percent. During the Carter Administration (though over his objections) Democrats and Republicans in Congress joined to give even more tax breaks to the rich.

The Reagan administration, with the help of Democrats in Congress, lowered the tax rate on the very rich to 50 percent and in 1986 a coalition of Republicans and Democrats sponsored another "tax reform" bill that lowered the top rate to 28 percent. Barlett and Steele noted that a schoolteacher, a factory worker, and a billionaire could all pay 28 percent. The idea of a "progressive" income in which the rich paid at higher rates than everyone else was now almost dead." Barlett / Steele

Figures you'd want a sub substantive rebuttal of a piece that is a clinic on logical fallacies, written by a proven liar.

Then we move on to a attempting the classic "blame Reagan!" gambit, to divert from the fact and hijack the thread.

BTW, you forgot a link to Amazon, to your liberoidal wackaloon comic book-of-the-week. :lol:

So someone no one knows writes an article parrotting Democrat talking points while ignoring Democrats doing far worse somehow is an objective look at the GOP?

Somehow calling political opponents lunatics means they are actually lunatics.

One of these days you guys are going to have to realize that name calling really isn't effective and doesnt make what you call them true.

LOL!

Just because YOU don't know Mike Lofgren doesn't mean that nobody knows him. You see, there are MANY people who work behind the scenes who never stand in front of a camera.
You didn't know who he was until you read the moonbat article. :lol:

I also didn't know who Richard Clarke was until after 9-11. My guess is you didn't know who he was either. But he worked for the gov't for 30 years from 1973 til 2003. He had credibility because of his years working on the issues of terrorism and counterterrorism, and not knowing who he was before he became well-known isn't at all relevant. Of course, that didn't stop conservatives from trying to discredit him in the eyes of the general public. And here we go again. Different man, same tactics.

A couple of years ago, a Republican committee staff director told me candidly (and proudly) what the method was to all this obstruction and disruption. Should Republicans succeed in obstructing the Senate from doing its job, it would further lower Congress's generic favorability rating among the American people. By sabotaging the reputation of an institution of government, the party that is programmatically against government would come out the relative winner.

Name the Republican committee staff director, or is this post another made up story by a random internet poster?

Undermining Americans' belief in their own institutions of self-government remains a prime GOP electoral strategy. But if this technique falls short of producing Karl Rove's dream of 30 years of unchallengeable one-party rule (as all such techniques always fall short of achieving the angry and embittered true believer's New Jerusalem), there are other even less savory techniques upon which to fall back. Ever since Republicans captured the majority in a number of state legislatures last November, they have systematically attempted to make it more difficult to vote: by onerous voter ID requirements (in Wisconsin, Republicans have legislated photo IDs while simultaneously shutting Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offices in Democratic constituencies while at the same time lengthening the hours of operation of DMV offices in GOP constituencies); by narrowing registration periods; and by residency requirements that may disenfranchise university students.

Hey, I thought you said they dumped that idea when they got caught?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/177333-truthmatters-gop-making-it-difficult-to-vote-thread-41.html#post3992847

Are you lying in this post, or did you lie in that one??

Remember, anything less than instant, fawning acceptance and adulation is deflection.

There was not a single substantive answer from the republicans on board, if someone thinks I missed one please provide link. It is always the messenger, or the source, or the finger gets pointed in the other direction as if two or more wrongs justify this sort of un-American policy. If this guy doesn't know the inside of the republican power structure, no one would. But honesty for republicans is a lost art. One wonders if twenty five years ago things were different. In truth though democrats are just as bad.

"In 'America: Who Really Pays The Taxes?', two investigative reporters with the Philadelphia Inquirer, Donald Barlett and James Steele, traced the path by which tax rates for the very rich got lower and lower. It was not the Republicans but the Democrats-the Kennedy-Johnson administrations-who, under the guise of "tax reform," first lowered the World War II-era rate of 91 percent on incomes over $400,000 a year to 70 percent. During the Carter Administration (though over his objections) Democrats and Republicans in Congress joined to give even more tax breaks to the rich.

The Reagan administration, with the help of Democrats in Congress, lowered the tax rate on the very rich to 50 percent and in 1986 a coalition of Republicans and Democrats sponsored another "tax reform" bill that lowered the top rate to 28 percent. Barlett and Steele noted that a schoolteacher, a factory worker, and a billionaire could all pay 28 percent. The idea of a "progressive" income in which the rich paid at higher rates than everyone else was now almost dead." Barlett / Steele

The Dems have not only conspired in the tax cut cult, they've conspired in the export of millions of jobs to Asia and the influx of millions of illegal immigrants. As the article says, both parties are to blame for the dire straits in which we find ourselves.

That's the kind of compelling argument we've come to expect from sleazy dipsticks like you.

Liberals have never proposed giving their own money to the homeless, have they?

Good point. Liberals have never voluntary given to charity.

Not to my knowledge.

Then you might want to add to that database in your head. Because Americans generally are very charitable - regardless of their political views.

This constant pissing contest - particularly using the less fortunate to achieve it - is mindnumbingly stupid... not to mention, really fucking boring.

That's the kind of compelling argument we've come to expect from sleazy dipsticks like you.

Liberals have never proposed giving their own money to the homeless, have they?

odd, i remember seeing all those red cross type telethons hosted by elitist hollywood liberals...

You know those hollywood actors that the right loves to make fun of all the time...

You need to shut the fuck up before you make yourself look more stupid.

I don't recall any such thing.

It's not like the OP is really worth talking about.

I used to be a liberal, but I grew up and got over it. If I started a thread about it, would you chastise people for deflection?

Hint: No, you wouldn't.
The chords to Justin Bieber's "Never Let You Go", Muzak Boi.

only gay people spell boy, boi.....
so how long have you been sucking the cock?
I think Plasmaball want to talk shop with someone.

Must be hard up to find peers here.

feering ronery.

LOL!

Just because YOU don't know Mike Lofgren doesn't mean that nobody knows him. You see, there are MANY people who work behind the scenes who never stand in front of a camera.
You didn't know who he was until you read the moonbat article. :lol:

I also didn't know who Richard Clarke was until after 9-11. My guess is you didn't know who he was either. But he worked for the gov't for 30 years from 1973 til 2003. He had credibility because of his years working on the issues of terrorism and counterterrorism, and not knowing who he was before he became well-known isn't at all relevant. Of course, that didn't stop conservatives from trying to discredit him in the eyes of the general public. And here we go again. Different man, same tactics.
:lol: It's funny you think Richard Clarke and this idiot have credibility.

Of course, it's only because they say what you want to hear. Coincidence, I'm sure. :lol:

It's not like the OP is really worth talking about.

I used to be a liberal, but I grew up and got over it. If I started a thread about it, would you chastise people for deflection?

Hint: No, you wouldn't.
The chords to Justin Bieber's "Never Let You Go", Muzak Boi.

Ummm...wrong. And vastly stupid.
Oh, look. Another oh-so-tolerant liberal using homosexuality as an insult. Why do you hate gays?

Wait, did you actually think I was going to slink away in shame? Moron! :rofl:

Oh, look. Another oh-so-tolerant liberal using homosexuality as an insult. Why do you hate gays?

nah i knew you would stay. I use everything as an insult. I dont give a shit if you are gay,black, white, Mexican, jew, a retard, etc.....

Who said i was tolerant of people? I'm not. I cant stand people and i am very intolerant of fucking morons. I am intolerant of people who think they are slick by spelling Boy with an I.

I am HIGHLY intolerant of the current GOP base who are hell bent on destroying america because they want to be in power. You are nuts, your are domestic terrorists ( in respect to our economy and world economy ) uneducated, religious nutjobs.

You dont want a better america ( i am not talking personally about you here). You want your america, and fuck anyone who doesnt agree with you.
You will collapse the world market in order to get your America. You are dangerous and reckless. Tolerant my ass, you should be put in a cage and buried in a cave where you will be forgotten by the public.
Oh, then you're just a dumbfuck whose every post can be immediately discarded as worthless.

Thanks for clarifying. :thup:

nah i knew you would stay. I use everything as an insult. I dont give a shit if you are gay,black, white, Mexican, jew, a retard, etc.....

Who said i was tolerant of people? I'm not. I cant stand people and i am very intolerant of fucking morons. I am intolerant of people who think they are slick by spelling Boy with an I.

I am HIGHLY intolerant of the current GOP base who are hell bent on destroying america because they want to be in power. You are nuts, your are domestic terrorists ( in respect to our economy and world economy ) uneducated, religious nutjobs.

You dont want a better america ( i am not talking personally about you here). You want your america, and fuck anyone who doesnt agree with you.
You will collapse the world market in order to get your America. You are dangerous and reckless. Tolerant my ass, you should be put in a cage and buried in a cave where you will be forgotten by the public.

Is that you, Anachronism??

How big is your ignore list today???

Oh, then you're just a dumbfuck whose every post can be immediately discarded as worthless.

Thanks for clarifying. :thup:

dress up time?
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

lol fat...lol drunk..(i dont drink...i can count the drinks ive had)(and my father is a drunk and destroyed his life because of it)and you calling me stupid is quite amusing...
You mean...you think you're NOT stupid?

Where'd you get an idiotic idea like that? :confused:

truthnevermatters told him he wasn't stupid.

Of course, we all know how much that opinion matters. :lol:

lol fat...lol drunk..(i dont drink...i can count the drinks ive had)(and my father is a drunk and destroyed his life because of it)and you calling me stupid is quite amusing...
You mean...you think you're NOT stupid?

Where'd you get an idiotic idea like that? :confused:

truthnevermatters told him he wasn't stupid.

Of course, we all know how much that opinion matters. :lol:
PELOSI_LIBERALISM_300x300_xlarge.jpeg

Forum List

Back