for those who do not believe in god.......

How come there's shows all the time on History, Nat.Geo.and Discovery channels where archeologists find ruins of city's that correspond to descriptions in the bible?

Which proves what exactly?

That the old testment Bible noted that some cities existed?

Yeah, I believe that.

Does that prove anything but that?

No, of course not.

I can prove that I live in my house here in Maine.

So if I can prove that what else does that prove exactly?

That my beliefs about the cosmos is correct?

Of course not.

It's amazing, right? I mean, there are lots of places mentioned in the Iliad, as I said earlier, that are correct. All hail Apollo! They didn't respond to the biblical lie I put forth either. It's amazing how some people can make ridiculous claims about why something is true, demand evidence of a lie, and then fade away when it comes.

Except the reason Christians are scoffed at, primarily, is "lack of proof" and the insistence that the Bible is a collection of fairy tales.

When the science backs up the beliefs, then suddenly, science means nothing.

What a joke.

All I know is that a lot of heretics posting in this thread are going to burn in hell.

:lol:

Ok, the atheistic satanist argument is getting out of hand.

Loki, I understand your frustration. The truth is, someone can adopt a philosophical ideology without a specific deity. There are buddhists who do not worship buddha. They're atheistic buddhists.
I would argue that atheism is consistent with Buddhism (mostly because the point of Buddhism is not the worship of The Buddha), but if you don't beleive that The Buddha was real, regardless of how you behave, you're not properly a Buddhist.

The traditional idea of "satan" was a generalized concept of the forces adversarial to yahweh and later became a more literal figure who was also called lucifer, etc... So technically, someone who adopts a philosophy adversarial in nature to christianity and judaism and islam, they could consider themselves satanist without actually believing satan as a being exists.
Wrong. I cite the book of Genesis.

LiveUninhibited, by calling yourself an atheistic satanist, you just invite confusion and ridicule.
This is a bit unfair--LiveUninhibited made no claim to being an atheistic Satanist.

In the end it just leaves the appearance of sensationalism in which the satanist title is adopted more for shock value.
Word.

Now, agree or agree to disagree, but I don't think it's worth the considerable talent for debate you both possess to waste more time on this particular nuance.
No way, Mom.

Except the reason Christians are scoffed at, primarily, is "lack of proof" and the insistence that the Bible is a collection of fairy tales.

When the science backs up the beliefs, then suddenly, science means nothing.

What a joke.
What specifically are you talking about? The way science backs up the gastric functions of the hare? The way science backs up geocentrism and Ptolemaic cosmology?

I do not buy this Satanic atheism crap for one minute.

To me, it is a cheap attempt to say non-belief is a belief system when in truth there is no belief system to be had after one states "I doubt there is a GOD!!"

Are you referring to Hedonism(not a religion!)? Wiccan's(they are witches!!)? Or Nativism?(alot of interesting ideas but...)? None of it is atheism.

In fact, the closest thing to "Satanic atheism" I can come up with is the promotion and complete surrendering to Darwinistic beliefs in society. But even here there is a problem. There are few Atheist that run around calling themselves Ubermensch, and the few that do need to be sent to the asylum.

Do I believe in the concept of Darwinism and natural selction in nature, yes. Do I support it all human endeavors--Hell no. Why? I am an Atheist, not an Anarchists.

Let's just get back to it then:
when you die......and you discover there is a god.......what will you do........

will you beg for forgivness or stand by your principals and go to hell......
Why would someone who does not believe in God go to hell for standing up for their principles? . . . after all, Satanists believe in God. (No really, they do! :razz:)

What principle is it EXACTLY, that an atheist holds that is so terribly repugnant to a God who is actually worthy of worship, that in His infinite mercy and divine justice He would sentence that person (whom He claims to love) to Hell?

Let's just get back to it then:
when you die......and you discover there is a god.......what will you do........

will you beg for forgivness or stand by your principals and go to hell......
Why would someone who does not believe in God go to hell for standing up for their principles? . . . after all, Satanists believe in God. (No really, they do! :razz:)

What principle is it EXACTLY, that an atheist holds that is so terribly repugnant to a God who is actually worthy of worship, that in His infinite mercy and divine justice He would sentence that person (whom He claims to love) to Hell?

Maybe it is that you did not say Hello enough?

You know, if you do not write home enough times, your parents will hate you forever!!!:eusa_whistle:

I did make a mistake. The traditional understanding is that Satan is adversarial to the followers of yahweh rather than yahweh himself. It is understandable that someone could take on that role and label it Satanism in the same way that one can be a Narcissist without believing in Narcissus. I stand by the statement that it would be silly to do so.

But since you cite Genesis, I would say that unless I am mistaken, Satan, as such, is not mentioned in Genesis. I know the serpent is often associated with Satan, but I don't think that association is made in Genesis.

How come there's shows all the time on History, Nat.Geo.and Discovery channels where archeologists find ruins of city's that correspond to descriptions in the bible?

Lies, lies, all lies. Because, you see, the Bible is a lie!

Lol.

And National Geo. and Discovery are essentially run by non-believers. Kinda funny, huh?

The Bible isn't a lie; it's a fairy tale. Mind control by fear mongering

will you beg for forgivness or stand by your principals and go to hell...... >>

I thought that God is supposed to be benevolent. What kind of evil creature would deny a person heaven for not believing he exists. That would be a hateful meglamaniac. [/U][/B]

I thought that God is supposed to be benevolent. What kind of evil creature would deny a person heaven for not believing he exists. That would be a hateful meglamaniac. [/U][/B]

so if you lead your life as and evil person and posting the kinds of mean statements as you have above... god is supposed to simply let you into heaven because he is benevolent....and if he held you accountable for your actions that would make him a hateful megalomaniac....but if as I said… you ask for forgiveness and he accepts you with all your flaws and evil deeds and statements and invites you into heaven….will you accept his offer or stand by your principles and decline….

But since you cite Genesis, I would say that unless I am mistaken, Satan, as such, is not mentioned in Genesis. I know the serpent is often associated with Satan, but I don't think that association is made in Genesis.

You are very correct. The serpent being associated with Satan comes from the perspective of the readers. If someone can quote a direct correlation that could show otherwise I would be very curious to read it.

so if you lead your life as and evil person and posting the kinds of mean statements as you have above... god is supposed to simply let you into heaven because he is benevolent....and if he held you accountable for your actions that would make him a hateful megalomaniac....but if as I said… you ask for forgiveness and he accepts you with all your flaws and evil deeds and statements and invites you into heaven….will you accept his offer or stand by your principles and decline….[/QUOTE]

So let me understand....based on my questioning a God who is all powerful and all love and who allows innocent babies to die in famine ...that makes me an evil person? I am accountable for my actions and they are a lot better than many of those who go to church and are filled with racism and prejudices. I don't need to fear an invisible man in the sky who will let me burn in hell because I don't worship him............but he loves me (G. Carlin) If you want to believe in a heaven because you cannot deal with life ending, so be it. but don't call those who don't believe as you do....evil! This thread is for people who don't believe in god...so show some respect

When the science backs up the beliefs, then suddenly, science means nothing.>>>

What has science backed up? That an ark had two of everything on it, while God made sure those innocent people and animals not on the ark died a slow agonizing death? Or did it prove that Jesus could turn wine into water? Or was it they found salt that they concluded was Lot's wife?

God would be benevolent by denying you heaven in that situation. Because you havent prepared yourself for such an existance.

The reason God teaches us Holy Principles is so that we can repent of our sinful life and become like Christ. We through our choices require justice. Christ through His sacrifice provides mercy. The only thing He asks of us is that we accept it.

If we don't accept the Atonement and use it in our lives, we wont become the people we need to be to enjoy the presense of the Father. If we are unprepared, we would rather have the rocks hiding us, we'd rather be sent to oblivion, then stand in front of a perfect being with complete awareness of our evil deeds.

You will be as happy as you let yourself become in the next life. Don't blame God for your choices.

God would be benevolent by denying you heaven in that situation. Because you havent prepared yourself for such an existance.
The reason God teaches us Holy Principles is so that we can repent of our sinful life and become like Christ. We through our choices require justice. Christ through His sacrifice provides mercy. The only thing He asks of us is that we accept it.
If we don't accept the Atonement and use it in our lives, we wont become the people we need to be to enjoy the presense of the Father. If we are unprepared, we would rather have the rocks hiding us, we'd rather be sent to oblivion, then stand in front of a perfect being with complete awareness of our evil deeds You will be as happy as you let yourself become in the next life. Don't blame God for your choices.>>

OK so only Christians can go this perfect place,? Why did this God have to send Jesus, was he too busy? This perfect being is hardly perfect to me. A perfect being would never allow babies to die in famine, earthquakes and other things he could control. Imagine if I had the power to help people and I deliberately chose not to........would I be perfect ? There is no afterlife but if you need to believe it........so be it. What do you imagine it? Are there unicorns and rainbows? What happens if you think heaven is finding your lost love but your lost love hated you? Who wins ? You or the lost love? One of you will be in "hell".

so if you lead your life as and evil person and posting the kinds of mean statements as you have above... god is supposed to simply let you into heaven because he is benevolent....and if he held you accountable for your actions that would make him a hateful megalomaniac....but if as I said… you ask for forgiveness and he accepts you with all your flaws and evil deeds and statements and invites you into heaven….will you accept his offer or stand by your principles and decline….

Atheists aren't clinging to anti-God principles, we are unable to believe in God because of life experiences that don't connect with the teachings of the Bible. Life experiences are hardly objective reality, however, so if an atheist died, appeared before the Pearly Gates and St. Peter, that atheist would immediately no longer be an atheist. There are any prinicples involved. Its just non-belief. Kind of like a biologist who doesn't believe in the Loch Ness monster, but, when in Scotland on vacation the biologist actually witnesses Nessie - the biologist doesn't stand by his or her principles of disbelief, they just no longer disbelieve.

I don't know if I'm putting that very well.

I don't believe in God. Not out of principle but because I can't believe in the supernatural events depicted in the Bible and, according to my life experiences, God doesn't seem like a benevolent, merciful, loving creator. But, if I died and God appeared before me, I would certainly believe in Him.

Forum List

Back