for those who do not believe in god.......

God would be benevolent by denying you heaven in that situation. Because you havent prepared yourself for such an existance.>>>

Tell me about the "preparation". I know fear is one prerequisite.

It seems that in order to live in heaven you have to:

1. Hate every uniqueness which the same god gave us without giving us the choice to be unique.

2. Live in fear of all things different than you are.

3. Kill everything in sight in his/her name.

4. Bow before the alters and idols in churches.

5. Pretend to read a book but only focus on what you can use to justify your actions.

Think I got them all this time.

when you die......and you discover there is a god.......what will you do........

will you beg for forgivness or stand by your principals and go to hell......

Well, I wouldn't try to climb into heaven over the bloody back of an innocent, that's for sure, no matter how willing the innocent victim is. I would go to hell before I let an innocent be punished in my place.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- Mark Twain

Actually, no, you haven't, which is why you don't go into detail. You have theories which are less feasible than any information in the bible.

Prove a biblical lie. One. Go ahead. You can't do it, except by reverting to theory.

Actually, contradiction does it without theory but with the logic that they both can't be true.

The Earth can't be stable and unmoved FOR EVER AND EVER if it is going to reel like a drunkard in the upcoming End Times.

Ps 93:1 The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved.

Ps 96:10 Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved

Ps 104:5 the LORD hath founded the earth upon its own bases; it shall not be removed forever and ever

1 Ch 16: 30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Contradicted by

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed

What if you die and it turns out that the Muslims were the ones that had it right?

That's a scary thought ...

... well not really, because like the christian heaven I would still rather be in hell with the better people anyway.

Is that what your religion teaches you? That you are better than someone else because of their beliefS? mY GOD CAN beat up your God seems to be the mentality.......Same dance, different steps

What if you die and it turns out that the Muslims were the ones that had it right?

That's a scary thought ...

... well not really, because like the christian heaven I would still rather be in hell with the better people anyway.

Is that what your religion teaches you? That you are better than someone else because of their beliefS? mY GOD CAN beat up your God seems to be the mentality.......Same dance, different steps

Huh? :cuckoo:

when you die......and you discover there is a god.......what will you do........

You know why I always dismiss the ramblings of you types? Because you never give "do on your own" as an option. If you want to be judged and take the judgment, fine....but that doesn't mean the rest of us are that weak.

. Because unless you accept mercy, you face justice.>>

What does that mean?? SOunds like empty rhetoric.

I understand you don't see God as a perfect being. Your inability to see Him as a perfect being has little to do with Him and everything to do with your imperfections. I am not saying this to insult you, it's simply a matter of fact that our imperfections make comprehending perfection difficult.<<

Is God perfect or not?

You look to natural disasters and babies dying as some "injustice". But your perspective is short sighted, as is all of ours. We don't know the end from the beginning. We may get glimpses of it, but we are mainly focused in the now.>>

THat doesn't address the answer, just sounds like religious "spin". WHy would a benevolent god allow babies to die when He is capable of stopping their agony. What would you think of me if I did that?

For example, death in this life is nothing. We die for but a small moment, but through the death and resurrection of Christ, all mankind will be raised as an immortal being. What does it matter if we die seconds into this world or hundreds of years later? We all will rise from the grave. We will all triumph over death, because of God's greatest gift.>>

Nah, we will all be just ashes and dust. You go through once and that's it. But if it makes you feel better to believe all this afterlife stuff, so be it.

Our trials and afflictions are but a small moment. And then we have an immortal life. How exactly could God help us any more than He has with that noble and everlasting gift?>>

He could make some rain so babies don't die in agony

But you think God isnt helping simply because He has enough wisdom to let us experience the ups and downs of life?>>

If I did that....I would be a child abuser

So what you are saying is that you are imperfect and cannot understand God? And you think that you are qualified to give advice to others for what reason exactly?

Thankfully, the scripture makes is quite clear that ALL MEN will ultimately be reconciled back to the Father..

Thankfully, the scripture makes is quite clear that ALL MEN will ultimately be reconciled back to the Father..

Then us women will just have to create our own paradise ... at least we won't have to deal with men like those christonuts.

What are my principles that would merit hell? Do you think a belief in god a principle?

MICHIGAN FATS: Thankfully, the scripture makes is quite clear that ALL MEN will ultimately be reconciled back to the Father..

How....touching. @@ This is why I REJECT scriptural nonsense, and the hatred for women that it all too often encourages and inspires.

god job is not to do your work for you.....the baby died do to man's misssmangment of his environment....

how do you know what you do is better or worse than anyone else.....what metric do you use to judge that.....your choice to burn in hel is yours and no one elses.....there is a path not to burn in hell .....you have chosen not to follow that path.....you are placing a bet that there is no hell.....

i started the thread.....it seemed a simple question.....if you choose to lead your life as if there is not a god and find out there is.....what will you do on that moment.....will you say sorry ask for forgivness and be accepted into heaven or tell the olde man to jam it and join all your freinds in hell....

I wish I had a dollar for every time I came across the old Pascal's Wager argument, I'd probably have a six-figure bank account by now. As far as I'M concerned, this false argument is employed by militant religionists, be they Christian or a different religious sect, to scare people into "believing." Sorry, but that tactic doesn't work with me, and hasn't for more than two decades.

What YOU choose to believe is entirely up to you. If you want to live in fear of gods that I don't believe exist, that is also your choice. The way I see it, your god is imaginary, as are the Christian supporting icons, heaven, hell and satan. I'd rather live life grounded in a superstition-free reality than a fear-based fantasy. Why that lack of belief should trouble you or anyone else is beyond me, since it doesn't affect YOUR life in any way

i get it you don't believe.....the questions is ....what if you are wrong....what will you do....[/QUOTE]

My answer is that there is nothing TO do, since there is no proof whatsoever that your so-called "god" and its imaginary icons exist to begin with. The burden of proof is on those who insist your god is "real." So far, you've offered NO proof at all.

when you die......and you discover there is a god.......what will you do........will you beg for forgivness or stand by your principals and go to hell......

First of all you're assuming your god exists when there's no hard evidence or proof presented by christians or any other religious group that it does. That's the first problem with your question, so to me, it doesn't even make sense. It's a non-starter from the beginning.

But I'll throw out another question; why does it bother so many religionists (a religionist being someone who seriously believes religion "must" control everything and everyone) that some of us choose NOT to believe in their deity? It doesn't affect YOUR life in the least, so there's really nothing to get upset about, let alone really hating non-believers, which many religionists actually do.

Forum List

Back