for those who do not believe in god.......

There is no "God" but there is presence, there is awareness, there is essential purity. All of these are available within every living being this very moment. God is a word, a label a concept.

The essence of the nature of being is 'indescribable, inexpressible and inconcievable, the perfection of sublime knowing, unborn and unceasing, the very nature of space. It is the realm of your own self-knowing timeless awareness'.

I pay homage to the 'Mother of the Buddhas of the three times'.

Prajnaparamita

Last edited:
If someone is brought up in a religion which believes in gods it's relatively easy to accept their upbringing and to continue to believe. The non-believer has usually come to that position of non-belief with great difficulty and against upbringing.

Last edited:
so if you lead your life as and evil person and posting the kinds of mean statements as you have above... god is supposed to simply let you into heaven because he is benevolent....and if he held you accountable for your actions that would make him a hateful megalomaniac....but if as I said… you ask for forgiveness and he accepts you with all your flaws and evil deeds and statements and invites you into heaven….will you accept his offer or stand by your principles and decline….

So let me understand....based on my questioning a God who is all powerful and all love and who allows innocent babies to die in famine ...that makes me an evil person? I am accountable for my actions and they are a lot better than many of those who go to church and are filled with racism and prejudices. I don't need to fear an invisible man in the sky who will let me burn in hell because I don't worship him............but he loves me (G. Carlin) If you want to believe in a heaven because you cannot deal with life ending, so be it. but don't call those who don't believe as you do....evil! This thread is for people who don't believe in god...so show some respect

you really should lean how to use the quote function.....

god job is not to do your work for you.....the baby died do to man's misssmangment of his environment....

how do you know what you do is better or worse than anyone else.....what metric do you use to judge that.....

your choice to burn in hel is yours and no one elses.....there is a path not to burn in hell .....you have chosen not to follow that path.....you are placing a bet that there is no hell.....

i started the thread.....

it seemed a simple question.....if you choose to lead your life as if there is not a god and find out there is.....what will you do on that moment.....will you say sorry ask for forgivness and be accepted into heaven or tell the olde man to jam it and join all your freinds in hell....

How come there's shows all the time on History, Nat.Geo.and Discovery channels where archeologists find ruins of city's that correspond to descriptions in the bible?

Lies, lies, all lies. Because, you see, the Bible is a lie!

Lol.

And National Geo. and Discovery are essentially run by non-believers. Kinda funny, huh?

The Bible isn't a lie; it's a fairy tale. Mind control by fear mongering

You've read it?

so if you lead your life as and evil person and posting the kinds of mean statements as you have above... god is supposed to simply let you into heaven because he is benevolent....and if he held you accountable for your actions that would make him a hateful megalomaniac....but if as I said… you ask for forgiveness and he accepts you with all your flaws and evil deeds and statements and invites you into heaven….will you accept his offer or stand by your principles and decline….

Atheists aren't clinging to anti-God principles, we are unable to believe in God because of life experiences that don't connect with the teachings of the Bible. Life experiences are hardly objective reality, however, so if an atheist died, appeared before the Pearly Gates and St. Peter, that atheist would immediately no longer be an atheist. There are any prinicples involved. Its just non-belief. Kind of like a biologist who doesn't believe in the Loch Ness monster, but, when in Scotland on vacation the biologist actually witnesses Nessie - the biologist doesn't stand by his or her principles of disbelief, they just no longer disbelieve.

I don't know if I'm putting that very well.

I don't believe in God. Not out of principle but because I can't believe in the supernatural events depicted in the Bible and, according to my life experiences, God doesn't seem like a benevolent, merciful, loving creator. But, if I died and God appeared before me, I would certainly believe in Him.

Sort of amusing, considering the fact that in an early post you posted every single symptom the bible says people suffer when they separate themselves from God.

There is no "God" but there is presence, there is awareness, there is essential purity. All of these are available within every living being this very moment. God is a word, a label a concept.

The essence of the nature of being is 'indescribable, inexpressible and inconcievable, the perfection of sublime knowing, unborn and unceasing, the very nature of space. It is the realm of your own self-knowing timeless awareness'.

I pay homage to the 'Mother of the Buddhas of the three times'.

Prajnaparamita

Lol.

god job is not to do your work for you.....the baby died do to man's misssmangment of his environment....

how do you know what you do is better or worse than anyone else.....what metric do you use to judge that.....your choice to burn in hel is yours and no one elses.....there is a path not to burn in hell .....you have chosen not to follow that path.....you are placing a bet that there is no hell.....

i started the thread.....it seemed a simple question.....if you choose to lead your life as if there is not a god and find out there is.....what will you do on that moment.....will you say sorry ask for forgivness and be accepted into heaven or tell the olde man to jam it and join all your freinds in hell....[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a dollar for every time I came across the old Pascal's Wager argument, I'd probably have a six-figure bank account by now. As far as I'M concerned, this false argument is employed by militant religionists, be they Christian or a different religious sect, to scare people into "believing." Sorry, but that tactic doesn't work with me, and hasn't for more than two decades.

What YOU choose to believe is entirely up to you. If you want to live in fear of gods that I don't believe exist, that is also your choice. The way I see it, your god is imaginary, as are the Christian supporting icons, heaven, hell and satan. I'd rather live life grounded in a superstition-free reality than a fear-based fantasy. Why that lack of belief should trouble you or anyone else is beyond me, since it doesn't affect YOUR life in any way

And the way I see it, those who don't believe will go to hell. And your desire not to believe doesn't bother me a bit. So long as you don't interfere with my right to believe as I choose.

how do you know what you do is better or worse than anyone else.....what metric do you use to judge that.....your choice to burn in hel is yours and no one elses.....there is a path not to burn in hell .....you have chosen not to follow that path.....you are placing a bet that there is no hell.....

i started the thread.....it seemed a simple question.....if you choose to lead your life as if there is not a god and find out there is.....what will you do on that moment.....will you say sorry ask for forgivness and be accepted into heaven or tell the olde man to jam it and join all your freinds in hell....

I wish I had a dollar for every time I came across the old Pascal's Wager argument, I'd probably have a six-figure bank account by now. As far as I'M concerned, this false argument is employed by militant religionists, be they Christian or a different religious sect, to scare people into "believing." Sorry, but that tactic doesn't work with me, and hasn't for more than two decades.

What YOU choose to believe is entirely up to you. If you want to live in fear of gods that I don't believe exist, that is also your choice. The way I see it, your god is imaginary, as are the Christian supporting icons, heaven, hell and satan. I'd rather live life grounded in a superstition-free reality than a fear-based fantasy. Why that lack of belief should trouble you or anyone else is beyond me, since it doesn't affect YOUR life in any way
[/QUOTE]

i get it you don't believe.....the questions is ....what if you are wrong....what will you do....

OK so only Christians can go this perfect place,? Why did this God have to send Jesus, was he too busy? This perfect being is hardly perfect to me. A perfect being would never allow babies to die in famine, earthquakes and other things he could control. Imagine if I had the power to help people and I deliberately chose not to........would I be perfect ? There is no afterlife but if you need to believe it........so be it. What do you imagine it? Are there unicorns and rainbows? What happens if you think heaven is finding your lost love but your lost love hated you? Who wins ? You or the lost love? One of you will be in "hell".

If by Christian you mean someone who accept the grace and mercy of God in their life, then yes. Because unless you accept mercy, you face justice.

I understand you don't see God as a perfect being. Your inability to see Him as a perfect being has little to do with Him and everything to do with your imperfections. I am not saying this to insult you, it's simply a matter of fact that our imperfections make comprehending perfection difficult.

You look to natural disasters and babies dying as some "injustice". But your perspective is short sighted, as is all of ours. We don't know the end from the beginning. We may get glimpses of it, but we are mainly focused in the now.

For example, death in this life is nothing. We die for but a small moment, but through the death and resurrection of Christ, all mankind will be raised as an immortal being. What does it matter if we die seconds into this world or hundreds of years later? We all will rise from the grave. We will all triumph over death, because of God's greatest gift.

Our trials and afflictions are but a small moment. And then we have an immortal life. How exactly could God help us any more than He has with that noble and everlasting gift?

But you think God isnt helping simply because He has enough wisdom to let us experience the ups and downs of life?

Never seen a Unicorn, but I wouldnt discount the possibility just because I dont have experience with it. That seems foolish.

As for Rainbows, they exist. I suggest you get out more, maybe take a physics class or something...

Heaven isnt about getting something. Its about becoming someone.

If someone is brought up in a religion which believes in gods it's relatively easy to accept their upbringing and to continue to believe. The non-believer has usually come to that position of non-belief with great difficulty and against upbringing.

Very true. And it is possible for a believer to become a non-believer through no outside influence- just using their own reason and logical thinking. But I contend it would be impossible for a non-believer to become a believer in any specific religion without outside influence.

I became a believer all on my own. I sought after God, and it had nothing to do with any person leading me that way.

i get it you don't believe.....the questions is ....what if you are wrong....what will you do

Belief is not a choice; this is the flaw with pascal's wager. You can't choose to "believe" just based on the potential results. If you don't believe you are going to win the lottery, but someone else convinces you to play with the argument that you can't win unless you play, it doesn't mean that you believe you are going to win. You can hope. You can go through the actions of buying a ticket and watching the drawing. But you can't choose to believe you will actually win. You most likely will believe that you will not win.

Now, in this example, belief is irrelevant since with the lottery, you either win or lose regardless of what you believe. However, with religious belief, the reward is only given contingent on you actually believing you would win. So, if the lottery example was similar, then the man could not win. A man who looks at the odds and logically reaches the conclusion that it is very unlikely that he could win, cannot suddenly "unlearn" that logical conclusion. As long as that conclusion stands, he cannot win in the special lottery contingent on belief.

I became a believer all on my own. I sought after God, and it had nothing to do with any person leading me that way.

Did you independently invent christianity? The idea of jesus and resurrection and moses and the garden of eden just popped into your head one day despite having never heard nor read anything about them in your entire life.

Forgive me if I doubt that.

No, no, I read the Bible and the rest followed.

The bible constitutes an outside influence. Not to mention that in our society it is virtually impossible to completely avoid any influence from certain beliefs. My contention was hypothetical and would be supported primarily by the fact that no specific religion has emerged independently of influence in separate locales. If missionaries had shown up in New Guinea and they were already christian- that would have been impressive. If conquistadors had found an Aztec society with a copy of the Quran- that would have been impressive. But the truth is, a certain religion arises in one group and then spreads through influence rather than independently arising in other groups.

Independently developing identical conclusions would be much more convincing of the validity of a religious belief.

And the way I see it, those who don't believe will go to hell.>>

This is why I loathe religion.........any god that would let good people burn in hell because they don't believe he exists is nothing but a meglamaniac. That is what you are worshipping and being controlled by fear.

i get it you don't believe.....the questions is ....what if you are wrong....what will you do>>>

If I am wrong I will tell God...Oooops I goofed. A good and loving God would understand, but since I am pretty sure I will be pushing daisies up I don't live in fear of burning in hell and being tortured and other goodies you believe God posseses

God would be benevolent by denying you heaven in that situation. Because you havent prepared yourself for such an existance.>>>

Tell me about the "preparation". I know fear is one prerequisite.

New Topics

Forum List

Back