For those of you who think Bush was a better president than Obama....

I have to ask: WHY? What in the hell makes Obama a lesser president than Bush. Look, Obama definitely isn't perfect, but to claim Bush was a better president is simply ignorant.

It is Bush who is responsible for creating this deficit crisis. The two wars he started and the tax cuts for the rich have been very costly.

So can anyone compare and contrast, in detail, why they think Bush was a better president? I am very curious to know.

Hmm, let's see:
Bush inherited a recession and turned it into one of the longest expansions post war.
Obama inherited a recovery and turned it into one of the longest recessions post war.

Bush invaded Iraq, ordered the surge and won the war.
Obama retreated from Iraq, dissed the surge, and lost the peace.

Bush overthrew the Taliban in Afghanistan.
Obama is paving the way for the return of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Bush's UE averaged under 6%
Obama's UE averaged over 9%

Bush expanded the deficit.
Obama exploded the deficit

Bush represented the U.S.
Obama apologized for the U.S.

Bush met with foreign leaders.
Obama bowed to foreign leaders.

Bush took responsibility for his failures.
Obama blamed Bush for his failures

Bush appointed Alito and Roberts to the Supreme Court
Obama appointed Sotomayor and Kagan to the Supreme Court.

Bush was cheered by the troops
Obama was jeered by the troops.

Do you miss him yet?

I have to ask: WHY? What in the hell makes Obama a lesser president than Bush. Look, Obama definitely isn't perfect, but to claim Bush was a better president is simply ignorant.

It is Bush who is responsible for creating this deficit crisis. The two wars he started and the tax cuts for the rich have been very costly.

So can anyone compare and contrast, in detail, why they think Bush was a better president? I am very curious to know.

Hmm, let's see:
Bush inherited a recession and turned it into one of the longest expansions post war.
Obama inherited a recovery and turned it into one of the longest recessions post war.

Bush invaded Iraq, ordered the surge and won the war.
Obama retreated from Iraq, dissed the surge, and lost the peace.

Bush overthrew the Taliban in Afghanistan.
Obama is paving the way for the return of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Bush's UE averaged under 6%
Obama's UE averaged over 9%

Bush expanded the deficit.
Obama exploded the deficit

Bush represented the U.S.
Obama apologized for the U.S.

Bush met with foreign leaders.
Obama bowed to foreign leaders.

Bush took responsibility for his failures.
Obama blamed Bush for his failures

Bush appointed Alito and Roberts to the Supreme Court
Obama appointed Sotomayor and Kagan to the Supreme Court.

Bush was cheered by the troops
Obama was jeered by the troops.

Do you miss him yet?

Please. It's not really any of those reasons. You just think he's better because he is Republican and Obama not. It's got to be true.

No one can hold a candle to Bush. Who else could leave behind the worst economic disaster in 80 years (if not worse in the long run) and not one, but TWO hideous, unwinnable wars?

No way of even knowing what Obama is or is not capable of. That would be like judging the replacement captain on the Titanic after it hit the freakin' iceberg.

W ROCKED baby, he ROCKED.

It was all bush too. Not a single democrat opposed housing reform.. :eusa_shhh:

5 trillion dollars of debt in 3 years. That's on the Big 0, not W.

That you are still blaming Bush is telling of your inability to grasp reality.

It's not just W that was superior to Bush. All of them with the possible exception of Hoover were superior to the Big 0.

This jack ass could walk out of step in a one-man parade. He knows not and knows not that he knows not. He's a fool.

It's not just W that was superior to Bush. All of them with the possible exception of Hoover were superior to the Big 0.

This jack ass could walk out of step in a one-man parade. He knows not and knows not that he knows not. He's a fool.

Umm the first year was on Bush's dime.
Bush's Budget and he passed the bailout.

Bush was a republican. To some people the crappyist republican is preferable to the most competent democrat. Simple really.

While the possibility exists that could be true.

You cant use this President.

There are still people who think Michelle Bachman would be a better president, that is just astounding.

What if Bachman had been elected president when the Big 0 was elected. Sonce the Big continued everything that W was doing, what do you think would be different under Bachmann?

Hint: She could have failed just as big at about 1/5 the cost to our children's taxes.

I thought Bush was still in the white house since the left keeps attacking him and nothing has changed, well correction thing have gotten worse since 2009 so I guess things have changed.

No you're not.

No one can hold a candle to Bush. Who else could leave behind the worst economic disaster in 80 years (if not worse in the long run) and not one, but TWO hideous, unwinnable wars?

No way of even knowing what Obama is or is not capable of. That would be like judging the replacement captain on the Titanic after it hit the freakin' iceberg.

W ROCKED baby, he ROCKED.

You can state your own opinion. Care to back it up with facts? No budget. No plan. No direction. No hope. That's a pretty impressive legacy for anybody attacking our republic. That this comes from the president is a disgrace.

Your man is a joke.

For those of you who think Bush was a better president than Obama....

?

What idiot believes that?

Surplus turned into deficit, two failed, illegal wars, and more government does not ‘better’ make.

The small surplus was turned into a deficit? How big was that fall off compared to the falloff from Bush to the Big 0.

There's no way to make this comparison without making your man look like the biggest failure ever elected.

Partisans always think their guy is the best there are just as many who think Obama can do no wrong as there are who think the same about Bush. I don't think Bush was a great President nor do I feel he is the worst I have not found Obama to be overly impressive to this point but who knows he could get better or worse time will tell.

Get worse? That would take some doing.

Umm the first year was on Bush's dime.
Bush's Budget and he passed the bailout.

Nancy refused to pass a full year's budget and only passed the half year. the Big 0 and Nancy and Harry were in charge of the budget starting on March1.

I find it humorous that there are those who say that Republicans are blocking the Big 0. What Nancy and Harry did to W was almost treasonously illegal.

Whatever happened to that bipartisan agreement for mandatory across the board budget cuts?
doesn't repubs control the house?

I seem to remember the Democrats voting for at least one of the wars....
And Obama extending the Bush tax cuts....
Oh and by the by those Bush tax cuts went to all taxpayers... :lol:

Forum List

Back