For those of you who think they are better off

You really are a glass half empty kind of guy, and not familiar with markets. Your rhetoric is just weak partisan showboat attempts. I like to stay in the real world. If I am better off, it is not because of Joe. It is because I am a better manager than the MAGA chumps. Maybe you will normalize out, someday.
Maybe annualized returns are just too complicated for you to comprehend. Fools like you are easily manipulated.

Last edited:
When you get older or actually when your kids get older, it won't mean as much or hit you emotionally. I've seen, heard and lived through much worse, the late 70 energy shortage and the 10 years of inflation averaging 6 1/2% but going as high as 12%, and the Bush financial crash, where many 401K accounts took severe hits, people lost home across America, major auto mfgs had to be saved to avoid the ripple in the economy, already bad enough to knock down any small companies, including shutting the plant I worked for 22 years. It was amazing to see how little traffic was on the bypass during morning commute time, around here.

What you see as "the sky is falling" is nothing by comparison. Wages up, employment up, stock market up with record highs, oil and natural gas production is up, consumer confidence up. If you aren't making it pretty good right now, you are either very young and dumb, a very poor planner, or you borrowed to the hilt, to have everything you wanted now, instead of properly planning and building your net worth the old fashioned way. Life is good!:cool:
I lived through all of that, too. It was nice to see how trump energy policy got us into the black especially after Obama energy policy.
In comes more demmunism and more bad policy and everything goes back into the Obama crapper and then some. You’ve lost money. You’re continuing to lose money and many others are losing a greater proportion of money. And you excuse it.
Shame on you.

Too late for me. I already gained back what was lost, but another $15,000, replacing what we took out to pay the contractor of the new construction of the new pavilion, roofing, gutters and electrical. Like I said, you invest poorly, but I doubt you were a business major, in school, to you are probably not alone. You'll be alright with another 4 years of the Biden administration economy.
Hey, I hear truth social stock dropped like a rock, lowing 25%. Maybe it is time to speculate on a trump venture.:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Unless you have a very little invested, I fail to see how a $15,000 gain over the last 2 years is what you would consider a good return. If you only had 100k invested, 15k would be less than 7.5% annualized when you account for compounding, which is ok, not great, but ok. If you had 200k, it would be less than 3.75%. You get the picture...or maybe you don't. Either you don't have much money invested, or you simply don't understand that you really didn't do very well.

Maybe annualized returns are just too complicated for you to comprehend. Fools like you are easily manipulated.

So, are you better off now than at the start of 2021 or not?

Are you going by the metric of bpd of domestic oil?
I do not have the time (or temperament) to educate you in how it works. But the facts speak for themselves. The oil industry thrived under Trump and we did become energy independent for the first time in a long time. And OPEC behaved itself because they respected him.

So, are you better off now than at the start of 2021 or not?

Nominally percentage wise and certainly below expectations from an investment perspective. If I continued the same annualized percentage growth that I had over the last 3 years, I would not meet my goals. The same could not have been said from 2016 to 2020, including the COVID downturn. Most investors were better off under Trump than under Biden over the course of their terms. For those not invested, I can't imagine that most are better off following the out of control inflation that has subsided now but is still higher than it was under Trump.

Nominally percentage wise and certainly below expectations from an investment perspective. If I continued the same annualized percentage growth that I had over the last 3 years, I would not meet my goals. The same could not have been said from 2016 to 2020, including the COVID downturn. Most investors were better off under Trump than under Biden over the course of their terms. For those not invested, I can't imagine that most are better off following the out of control inflation that has subsided now but is still higher than it was under Trump.

This thread was not about just investing, it was about overall.

Overall, I am not doing better under Biden than I was under Trump. I have far less disposable income.

I am lucky in that we are doing far better now than then, not due to Biden as I do not tie my prosperity to the person sitting in the White House.

In 2022 we moved to a new home, my cost of housing went down, my power bill went down, my gas bill went down as the house is not just a bit smaller but brand new as opposed to 30 years old.

Since the start of 2021 both my wife and I have gotten promotions at work and are bringing in at least 25 grand more a year than we did in 2020, and 2020 was a good year for us as my wife was getting hazard pay for working in the COVID unit at her hospital.

So, yes we are paying more for good and gasoline, but no where close to the extra we are bringing home.

I do not have the time (or temperament) to educate you in how it works. But the facts speak for themselves. The oil industry thrived under Trump and we did become energy independent for the first time in a long time. And OPEC behaved itself because they respected him. LOLLOLLOLLLOLL
Trump Threatened OPEC (And OPEC behaved itself because they respected him. ) to sign the OPEC+ deal and decrease OPEC oil production by 20%.

OPEC+ 20.png

This led to less Foreign Oil imported.
Trump did NOTHING to expand oil production when OPEC+ was signed in April 2020.
Domestic OIL Production dropped by over 2 Million bpd in May 2020. Look at the chart.

COVID happened and we used less oil, Demand Down, and LESS OPEC oil traveling to the US.
oil 2010-2024.png

I am lucky in that we are doing far better now than then, not due to Biden as I do not tie my prosperity to the person sitting in the White House.

In 2022 we moved to a new home, my cost of housing went down, my power bill went down, my gas bill went down as the house is not just a bit smaller but brand new as opposed to 30 years old.

Since the start of 2021 both my wife and I have gotten promotions at work and are bringing in at least 25 grand more a year than we did in 2020, and 2020 was a good year for us as my wife was getting hazard pay for working in the COVID unit at her hospital.

So, yes we are paying more for good and gasoline, but no where close to the extra we are bringing home.
Ok, good for you(seriously), but I don't believe most people are in the same boat. Neither my wife nor I have gotten significant raises in the last 3 years. My wife is under contract so that is to be expected, but my cost of living raises aren't even keeping up with inflation. We are most definitely paying more for virtually everything we buy. We can afford it, but if the question is are we doing better the last 3 years than we did under Trump, the answer it absolutely not.

Ok, good for you(seriously), but I don't believe most people are in the same boat. Neither my wife nor I have gotten significant raises in the last 3 years. My wife is under contract so that is to be expected, but my cost of living raises aren't even keeping up with inflation. We are most definitely paying more for virtually everything we buy. We can afford it, but if the question is are we doing better the last 3 years than we did under Trump, the answer it absolutely not.

We understand we are not the norm, but we also put a lot of hard work to get to where we are now compared to even just a decade ago. But we do also feel blessed.

We understand we are not the norm, but we also put a lot of hard work to get to where we are now compared to even just a decade ago. But we do also feel blessed.

You are, just saying that you would likely be more blessed with Trump back in office. ;)

You are, just saying that you would likely be more blessed with Trump back in office. ;)

I have done well no matter who is in office. But given Trump's unnatural love of tariffs I am not so sure we would be any better off with him.

I believe people give to much credit and blame to the resident of the white house.

We would still have had inflation even with Trump, perhaps it would not have been as bad, but nothing Trump did showed me he knows how to deal with adversity while in office. His first 3 years were a cakewalk, just a continuation of the 5 years before he took office.

We are doing fine, Sorry you are not.
Now if you want to talk about those who don't have homes, internet service or the time to set around chatting
on different sites. We could talk about that?

I have done well no matter who is in office. But given Trump's unnatural love of tariffs I am not so sure we would be any better off with him.

I believe people give to much credit and blame to the resident of the white house.

We would still have had inflation even with Trump, perhaps it would not have been as bad, but nothing Trump did showed me he knows how to deal with adversity while in office. His first 3 years were a cakewalk, just a continuation of the 5 years before he took office.

Not to burst your bubble, but 4 more years of Biden/Harris won't be pretty for your investments or your income.

Just curious, but what President in recent history had to deal with an event as impactful as COVID? Do you really believe that Biden would have handled the situation better? I would argue that the only reason the market recovered so quickly in the US following the pandemic was because of Trump's strong economy. The current Biden economy could not withstand such a hit.

Forum List

Back