For those of you who think they are better off

The fact remains, TRUMP DID NOT LOCK DOWN THE COUNTRY, and you're a total fucking liar for claiming he did.
All I can tell you is Tennessee locked down when told or recommended it lock down, and when trump said we should re-open, we did. Were there a lot of deaths following that? Yes, we generally stayed in the top 15 until the state quit reporting them daily. The Trump Covid year pretty well sucked. I have live in my house close to 30 years. Never had a death next door until Trump Covid year, where there were two next door. Have not had any more since. The Trump Covid year sucked.

The market was way down in 2022. Most portfolios are just now even or just slightly better now 2 years later, meaning they have lost 2 years worth of nominal gains.
S&P500 is up about 40% since Biden took office.

I don’t care who you are, that’s a good return.

You’re a jerk.
You can’t even rebut. I’d have put you on ignore a long time ago but you’re a forum censor nazi.
I did. You just chose to deleted it from the quote box.

Bottom line is that I am better off, than I was 4 years ago, in terms of money, convenience, no lock-downs, no masking, capital home improvement made.

If you are not better off, then it sucks to be you, but I do wish you better luck and performance in the future.

You don't get it. We had a drop on three consecutive quarters, gained back in the fourth, continued gains after that, took out 15 last summer, made that back and continuing to gain and that was just on wife's accounts. Most of mine backed against S&P where I cannot lose, but can not make more than 7.5%. I never failed to get a return when snapshot taken, and I guess I will max this time. Investing is best diversified, and ours is. We listened to our guy on hers, and he was correct. I listened to banker on mine and her advice has been correct. We aren't trying to get rich, simple stay well ahead, and we are, so it is there, if we need it. Except for building project, we haven't needed it since we retired, but cheaper to take out, than borrow, while we maintain our lifestyle, we chose, as we both have multiple retirement income. It is like our cars. We like what we paid, like the performance, have very little maintenance expense and are happy with them. Am I a small investor. Yes, ever since the Bush crash, but managed that well enough to retire secure on schedule, as it was not worth it to me to keep playing the game, when I could comfortably retire on schedule with what I had.

You can whine all you like about how yours has turned out under Biden, but ours just didn't turn out bad, like yours did and I attribute that to your mix, your selections, the guidance you listened to and the guidance you rejected. I am not hoping for Donny to come back for any kind of financial reason. I am good. Just because he wheels and deals on OPM, where the OP lose and he wins does not impress me. You are just easily impressed. So we will keep hanging out by the pool, taking our Florida beach condo vacations, the kayak trips, the Colorado ski trips and still staying ahead of the game. Plus, we will be voting Biden, as we have seen how the economy performs and overall it it quite good enough for our purposes. Good luck to you and yours.

I will say that investing in an S&P ETF is certainly a good move over time. IMy point was that I would bet that your annualized gains were better, even including the COVID year, under Trump. If you didn’t take a loss during 2022, then you must be heavy in bonds or your advisors are great at timing the market.

For my sake and yours, I will hope that Trump wins in Nov. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, until you can’t.

When did you first develop your love affair with tariffs?
Just curious, but I assume you believe that China will raise the cost of their products if we tax them via tariffs. At the same time, I bet you don't think that corporations in the United States will raise their prices if we tax them at a higher rate as Biden proposes.

Just curious, but I assume you believe that China will raise the cost of their products if we tax them via tariffs. At the same time, I bet you don't think that corporations in the United States will raise their prices if we tax them at a higher rate as Biden proposes.

I believe a tariff is a tax paid by the consumer. Yes, if you raise taxes on Corporations they will raise prices. Though oddly enough if you lower taxes on them, they do not lower their prices.

So, you did not answer my question.

At the same time, I bet you don't think that corporations in the United States will raise their prices if we tax them at a higher rate as Biden proposes.

Is Biden proposing a 100% tax?

I think it’s sad if your happiness is solely based on money. I’m much better off and it has nothing to do with money.

All I can tell you is Tennessee locked down when told or recommended it lock down, and when trump said we should re-open, we did. Were there a lot of deaths following that? Yes, we generally stayed in the top 15 until the state quit reporting them daily. The Trump Covid year pretty well sucked. I have live in my house close to 30 years. Never had a death next door until Trump Covid year, where there were two next door. Have not had any more since. The Trump Covid year sucked.
Cuomo.in NY killed 6000 people with his unnecessary stupidity.

Newsomtard in CA drove fully ONE HALF of all unchained restaurants out of business with his idiotic kvetching over outdoor heaters.

DEMOCRATS did this. Not Trump.

I will say that investing in an S&P ETF is certainly a good move over time. IMy point was that I would bet that your annualized gains were better, even including the COVID year, under Trump. If you didn’t take a loss during 2022, then you must be heavy in bonds or your advisors are great at timing the market.

For my sake and yours, I will hope that Trump wins in Nov. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, until you can’t.
Bonds for me. I went no risk slow growth, after the crash of 2008, as I continued to lose over $5 grand/ month plus, no longer employed, no longer in a plan I could contribute or manipulate without fees, at the time, but had to stop the blood letting. By Feb 2009, I knew I needed to preserve the rest if I would be able to retire in the foreseeable future. Job market was absolute shit here, with factory shut downs, so I ducked into military contracting, due to established contacts, known proven skills and easily reestablished security clearances, while I got my shit together again.

Newsomtard in CA drove fully ONE HALF of all unchained restaurants out of business with his idiotic kvetching over outdoor heaters.

I assure you, Trump was in office during the 2020 Covid pandemic. His administration, his policies, etc. If you don't like how he handled it, don't vote for him. Simple as that.

Sure fuckup.

What was the per capita death rate say between NY, CA and florida?

Forum List

Back