Fcc Considering Banning Tv And Radio Stations From Saying 'washington Redskins'

And that's how insanely stupid you are.

Mikey, what didn't I spell right? Please tell me.
You spelled Fakeindian wrong.

Aw, and I thought you were going to say Lakhota.
You are correct. It doesn't spell Fakeindian. Do you still have your little plastic mocassin's from your childhood family trip? Life isn't complete for a wanna be indian without those roadside jewels of indiandom. Did your parents actually spring for some turquoise jewelry on your trip? A turquoise necklace perhaps? Nothing makes you feel more indian than that!

So you still haven't explained why you are the most qualified person to teach the local savages why they need to hate the name of a football team. Still waiting for that explanation.

Aw, I guess you finally found out that Lakhota is spelled correctly. You're so funny. Retarded, but funny...
Is this the best you can do? I handed you a post of actual meaning on a silver platter and you didn't take it. The spelling of Fakeindian was secondary to why you think you are the spokesperson of all indians. What makes your fake history worthy of all indians following suit and joining you in your white man guilt ridden crusade against a football teams name?

I don't give a fuck about your fake name no matter how you spell it. I want to know why and how qualified you are to speak for an entire race of people you aren't even a part of.

Mikey, what didn't I spell right? Please tell me.

You are correct. It doesn't spell Fakeindian. Do you still have your little plastic mocassin's from your childhood family trip? Life isn't complete for a wanna be indian without those roadside jewels of indiandom. Did your parents actually spring for some turquoise jewelry on your trip? A turquoise necklace perhaps? Nothing makes you feel more indian than that!

So you still haven't explained why you are the most qualified person to teach the local savages why they need to hate the name of a football team. Still waiting for that explanation.

Aw, I guess you finally found out that Lakhota is spelled correctly. You're so funny. Retarded, but funny...
Is this the best you can do? I handed you a post of actual meaning on a silver platter and you didn't take it. The spelling of Fakeindian was secondary to why you think you are the spokesperson of all indians. What makes your fake history worthy of all indians following suit and joining you in your white man guilt ridden crusade against a football teams name?

I don't give a fuck about your fake name no matter how you spell it. I want to know why and how qualified you are to speak for an entire race of people you aren't even a part of.

Well, AsswipeMike, there's so much you don't know. How do I know you aren't some Mexican drug dealer?

Well, AsswipeMike, there's so much you don't know. How do I know you aren't some Mexican drug dealer?
Help me know what you think I don't by answering the questions. You would probably know I'm not a mexican drug dealer if what I posted about being one was absolute bullshit. Much like your indian heritage you keep posting.

"Fcc Considering Banning Tv And Radio Stations From Saying 'washington Redskins'"

This is misleading at best and clearly dishonest, as you seek to contrive and propagate the impression that the FCC is considering this 'unilaterally,' when that in fact is not the case.

The issue concerns a law professor who has filed a petition with the FCC requesting that the broadcast licenses of stations be revoked for using the word 'Redskins,' a petition that the Agency must review and respond to.

Indeed, in previous similar cases the FCC itself has acknowledged the fact that it has no authority to revoke licenses as a consequence of speech considered to be offensive, where to do so would be un-Constitutional:

“[W]e cannot deny grant of a waiver based on allegations, even if true, that Murdoch will practice, as he purportedly did under his former ownership of the Post, racist and inflammatory journalism. That is because we are proscribed from interfering with a newspaper’s exercise of freedom of expression. Near v. Minnesota, 283 U.S. 697 (1931). Even if such allegations were directed at WNYW, a broadcast station over whose content we do have a limited role, see, e.g., FCC v. Pacifica Foundation, 438 U.S. 726, 747 (1978), both the First Amendment and Section 326 of the Act forbid us from censoring subject matter and opinions relating to religious beliefs, race or national background, regardless of how offensive they may be[.]”

No the FCC may not ban the use of 8220 Redskins 8221 on radio and TV broadcasting - The Washington Post

You and others on the right are truly tedious and inane, with your ridiculous efforts to fabricate 'controversies' where none exist for some perceived partisan gain.

"Fcc Considering Banning Tv And Radio Stations From Saying 'washington Redskins'"

This is misleading at best and clearly dishonest, as you seek to contrive and propagate the impression that the FCC is considering this 'unilaterally,' when that in fact is not the case.

The issue concerns a law professor who has filed a petition with the FCC requesting that the broadcast licenses of stations be revoked for using the word 'Redskins,' a petition that the Agency must review and respond to.

Indeed, in previous similar cases the FCC itself has acknowledged the fact that it has no authority to revoke licenses as a consequence of speech considered to be offensive, where to do so would be un-Constitutional:

“[W]e cannot deny grant of a waiver based on allegations, even if true, that Murdoch will practice, as he purportedly did under his former ownership of the Post, racist and inflammatory journalism. That is because we are proscribed from interfering with a newspaper’s exercise of freedom of expression. Near v. Minnesota, 283 U.S. 697 (1931). Even if such allegations were directed at WNYW, a broadcast station over whose content we do have a limited role, see, e.g., FCC v. Pacifica Foundation, 438 U.S. 726, 747 (1978), both the First Amendment and Section 326 of the Act forbid us from censoring subject matter and opinions relating to religious beliefs, race or national background, regardless of how offensive they may be[.]”

No the FCC may not ban the use of 8220 Redskins 8221 on radio and TV broadcasting - The Washington Post

You and others on the right are truly tedious and inane
, with your ridiculous efforts to fabricate 'controversies' where none exist for some perceived partisan gain.

Oops, you left out ignorant. You can't just make a post without the ugly stuff at the end of it, can you? You're a perfect partisan example for this nasty Democrat party who can't go without calling people names.

Well, how can people be outraged over this team's name when there are other sports teams who use similar names? There is the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, and Chicago Blackhawks. Teams with names using other ethnicities include the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Boston Celtics, and the Minnesota Vikings But do you see anyone getting up in arms about those names?

Nope.

Those names aren't openly racist.

"Redskins" is.

Well, how can people be outraged over this team's name when there are other sports teams who use similar names? There is the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, and Chicago Blackhawks. Teams with names using other ethnicities include the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Boston Celtics, and the Minnesota Vikings But do you see anyone getting up in arms about those names?

Nope.

Except the term "Redskins" has only one definition in the Oxford dictionary and it means an ethnic slur towards native americans. Chiefs, Braves, and Indians are not inherently offensive names, they are monikers for a group of people. Fighting Irish is likely offensive but it doesn't derive itself from a name that was used to demean an entire group of people.

Once Again, the Daily Show knocks it out of the park on the Redskins.

When they start referencing the daily show for our politics

You know this country is in a world of hurt

INCREMENTALISM, remember that word.., now look back at how communism has crept into America, no smoking bans across America, gun bans across America, seat belt laws, outrage over a person using an offensive word etc., etc. all this shit because a few whiney libercommies spew their shit because they are offended about something, then the masses give them a little relief, then they find something else to whine about..., NOW, it is free speech.

liberwhiners are slowly changing America, anyone who was 30 y.o. by 1968 knows what i mean by total freedom to do as one pleased within the confines of the existing laws. :up:

libercrats and demoscum :fu: ........... :asshole:S

When they start referencing the daily show for our politics

You know this country is in a world of hurt

I use more sources than the Daily Show but satire has always been a vehicle for social change. The arts as well. It helps to challenge our value system as a society.

One of the values in question is "Should a dictionary defined racial slur be the name of a professional sports team?" No. And the FCC is in the right to fine stations that use the word. Your outrage and false understanding of the issue is apparant by people saying "Oh Tigers is an offensive name. Or Cowboys is an offensive name."

No, the meanings of those words and what it represents are in a positive light. The meaning of "Redskins" is a negative one and like in the Daily Show segment, the fight song use to have "Scalp 'em" in the song. That's a negative connotation to an entire group of people thinking that they are savages to this day.

Stephanie, I would advise you put yourself in their shoes and see how it feels. Or you can just claim you're great great grandmother was a Native American and the name doesn't offend you.

Nope.
doesn't matter. I dont think it should be banned but i can see how it would be

It should matter PB. Why are groups targeting just one team when there are many others who use 'offensive' names? Why such outrage? How can you see it being banned? Our government cannot ban someone from using a name they've been using for over five decades, then you have the First Amendment to consider. Political correctness is destroying free speech at breakneck speeds.

What about blackhawk helicopters? Apache helicopters? Tomahawk missles?
Will the military drop those names?

Nope.

It should matter PB. Why are groups targeting just one team when there are many others who use 'offensive' names? Why such outrage? How can you see it being banned? Our government cannot ban someone from using a name they've been using for over five decades, then you have the First Amendment to consider. Political correctness is destroying free speech at breakneck speeds.

Names of tribes/nations aren't slurs. A slur referring to the color of their skin along with a racist image of a native american is.

Nope.

Names of tribes/nations aren't slurs. A slur referring to the color of their skin along with a racist image of a native american is.

Who said so? Those items I listed are used to inflict death and destruction on other people...

Since you're speaking for them now, why would native americans want their tribe names to be associated with weapons systems used by the fed gvmt. that "stole" their land? You're a racist!

My solution is to call them the Washington Foreskins. Washington has millions of dicks...and pricks...no Indians except that dumbass from Massatwoshits...foreskins would be an appropriate nickname.

giphy.gif

3cd8a33a.png

So after we can't say Washington Redskins any more who's next? Atlanta Braves, Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Indians, and the plethora of minor league versions?

Words only have whatever power we give them. If something offends you toughshit. Let people know it does and guess what they'll use just to piss you off? And if we remove all mention of native peoples' words and titles and names wont that just make it that much easier to wipe them out completely and take back their land? If we never hear any mention of indians how will we know when they're extinct?

Who said so? Those items I listed are used to inflict death and destruction on other people...

Since you're speaking for them now, why would native americans want their tribe names to be associated with weapons systems used by the fed gvmt. that "stole" their land? You're a racist!

Um, i'm 1/8th Cherokee, I can speak for them all I like.

A Cherokee Helicopter doesn't offend me. A rich guy using a racist slur to name his team does.

And frankly, what is it with you wingnuts that you feel a need to throw yourself like human sheilds to protect rich people.

Forum List

Back