Fcc Considering Banning Tv And Radio Stations From Saying 'washington Redskins'

FCC Considering Banning TV And Radio Stations From Saying 'Washington Redskins'

Amen! The sooner the better. It's just a matter of time...
If you ever make it to an actual reservation of real indians check the back window of their cars and trucks. You will see more Redskin stickers than your fake butt hurt can possibly stand.

Many Native Americans don't yet fully comprehend the racist history of the Washington Redskins and its founder. They are catching on...

Many Native Americans don't yet fully comprehend the racist history of the Washington Redskins and its founder. They are catching on...

You know, your name offends me greatly. I think you should change it. To. "Dumbass" and be done with it.

I think the Redskins should change their name to the "Amanda Blackhorse's." Because the Redskins have made a living off of the name; and so has she.

What do you think?

The modern day American liberal is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to this country. Any time you get a chance, kick one, and kick them again for me.

Wait a minute. So the indians are simply too fucking stupid to know they should be offended . And without you they may never know how to feel.

So I'm trying to think of when you became the educator of these poor savage indians and were all on board for saving them from themselves. Was it during a family vacation when your parents took you down Route 66 and bought you a plastic tomohawk somewhere in New Mexico? When is it exactly you thought you were smarter and knew better how the indians should live and decided to hijack their race in order to advance your personal cause?

FCC Considering Banning TV And Radio Stations From Saying 'Washington Redskins'

A government funded agency known as the FCC is considering banning TV and Radio stations from saying 'Washington Redskins" on air. But how can they without violating the free speech rights those TV and Radio stations? The FCC, from my standpoint, is being used to further a political agenda. If they follow through with this decision, they should be prepared for a slew of lawsuits. Such a decision would blatantly violate the First Amendment.

(Reuters) - The Federal Communications Commission is considering whether to punish broadcasters for using the moniker of the Washington NFL team, the Redskins, a word many consider a slur to Native Americans, the agency's chairman indicated on Tuesday.

The FCC, which enforces broadcast indecency violations, has received a petition from legal activist John Banzhaf III, asking that regulators strip local radio station WWXX-FM of its broadcasting license when it comes up for renewal for using the name "Redskins."

Banzhaf says the word is racist, derogatory, profane and hateful, making its use "akin to broadcasting obscenity."

"We'll be looking at that petition, we will be dealing with that issue on the merits and we'll be responding accordingly," FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler told reporters.

"There are a lot of names and descriptions that were used over time that are inappropriate today. And I think the name that is attributed to the Washington football club is one of those," Wheeler added.

The FCC could formally deem use of the team name to be indecent, and thus impose a de facto ban on it on over-the-air television and radio.

Despite protests, vigorous lobbying and even intervention from President Barack Obama, team owner Daniel Snyder has vowed not to change the name of his National Football League team.

FCC considering move to ban NFL Redskins team name Reuters
liberals are control freak bullies! what in the Hell is wrong with these USMB liberals who dont complain about this kind of shit?

It's not just liberals. The FCC has long been used by the Christian right to ban things from broadcasting that they deem offensive. Thanks to George W. Bush and Sen. Sam Brownback the FCC can now impose fines ten times higher than the previous maximum.

As far as the First Amendment goes, it could be argued that the FCC has violated those rights for decades.

Regardless of what party or administration it is, aaron, nobody's free speech rights should be violated. It is wrong regardless of who does it.

You know, your name offends me greatly. I think you should change it. To. "Dumbass" and be done with it.

Well, Randy Fagg, I think I'll keep my name.
Change it and stop stealing from and offending the American Indian heritage. You didn't even bother to spell it right.

Change it and stop stealing from and offending the American Indian heritage. You didn't even bother to spell it right.

Spell what right?

Spell what right?
And that's how insanely stupid you are.

Spell what right?

Mikey, what didn't I spell right? Please tell me.

Spell what right?

You spelled Fakeindian wrong.

Spell what right?

Aw, and I thought you were going to say Lakhota.

Spell what right?

You are correct. It doesn't spell Fakeindian. Do you still have your little plastic mocassin's from your childhood family trip? Life isn't complete for a wanna be indian without those roadside jewels of indiandom. Did your parents actually spring for some turquoise jewelry on your trip? A turquoise necklace perhaps? Nothing makes you feel more indian than that!

So you still haven't explained why you are the most qualified person to teach the local savages why they need to hate the name of a football team. Still waiting for that explanation.

Spell what right?

You are correct. It doesn't spell Fakeindian. Do you still have your little plastic mocassin's from your childhood family trip? Life isn't complete for a wanna be indian without those roadside jewels of indiandom. Did your parents actually spring for some turquoise jewelry on your trip? A turquoise necklace perhaps? Nothing makes you feel more indian than that!

So you still haven't explained why you are the most qualified person to teach the local savages why they need to hate the name of a football team. Still waiting for that explanation.

Aw, I guess you finally found out that Lakhota is spelled correctly. You're so funny. Retarded, but funny...

Well once they do this, websites like this one better look out. and I think I'll point them to the name, Lakhota....

Forum List

Back