False Accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never suggested we sue anyone for libel. My thread has been taken way out of context. I just think the forum rules should be changed to encourage healthy debate and less animosity among members. Trolling seems to be encouraged by some moderators.

Talk to dog about that. He and beale invoked libel. At best, the only thing I said in response to them about that was that there's no such thing as anonymity on the www. It really is a pipe dream.

To be clear, though, the TOS are directly relevant to your topical content. It's important to consider the TOS in any discussion regarding what you bring up, rather than merely invoking the rules and guidelines of a specific web site operator alone.

Last edited:
A Jung and Myres & Briggs fan

Man, you don't know the half of it. lolol. But it's a good enough model to get a feller some government work...

Natty C.jpg

Alright. I'm gonna go out and get in the 432hz and do my Fall pruning. You all have a good day kicking each other in the nuts.

Last edited:
Well, I can kind of see it if you think of this place as several forums on one site, and if the difference between them was made clear, simple and concise--- where xenforo fails is that except for Z1, which is now labeled so at the top of the page if you happen to be at the top of the page to see it, none of the other zones are so labeled. Worse, the zones are all mixed together on the forum page except Z3/Z4 at the very bottom. The problem is that most of the time, I suspect most people go to their ALERTS drop down list of replies, responses and likes from posts they've made or threads they've followed for the first stuff to read or respond to, and the links there take you straight to the related post, which, unless it just happens to be near the top of a Z1 page, you never see or know which zone that post or thread was in and since most of us are hopping from post to post, thread to thread constantly as the activity goes, who can remember or keep track of which zone they are in at any given time if it even occurs to them to think about it!

Long ago, I devised a color-coded scheme and a few other ideas to solve this but when I offered it to Flacc, he had no interest.

If I were setting up this forum, I would have made it just TWO zones, each clearly delineated and visually identifiable at all times: one zone would have strict rules of decorum where civil, topic-driven conversation ruled, and the other one where pretty much anything goes, like Z3.
There have been all sorts of sensible suggestions made to the mods over the years, but they treat such suggestions as a threat to their unlimited authority.

My opinion is that the more rules that are created, the more opportunities there are for selective enforcement.

The problems in this forum have nothing to do with the rules, but with the very selective enforcement thereof. Whatever the accusations Blaster is receiving are allowed or disallowed, not on the basis of the actual accusation, but upon who is making it and who is receiving it.

There have been all sorts of sensible suggestions made to the mods over the years, but they treat such suggestions as a threat to their unlimited authority.

My opinion is that the more rules that are created, the more opportunities there are for selective enforcement.

The problems in this forum have nothing to do with the rules, but with the very selective enforcement thereof. Whatever the accusations Blaster is receiving are allowed or disallowed, not on the basis of the actual accusation, but upon who is making it and who is receiving it.
The mods don't want any suggestions on improving this site. They seem happy with all the mud slinging.

Oh? So you want absolutely no rules, and no zones, just a free for all, is that it?
My understanding of freedom of speech rights has to do with the government restricting/suppressing citizens voices, not a private message board.

OMG- This is the US Message Board............. :auiqs.jpg:

That is black and white reasoning. Every place needs SOME rules, But I'm not sure this place needs 250 of them! But the zone stuff is kinda whacked--- I almost never know what zone I'm in unless I make it constant point to check by scrolling far and wide away from the post I'm attending to, all the worse because they keep changing.

I have no idea where zone 2 is anymore and I guess zone 4 fell off the back of the meat wagon and got run over by zone 3.
I agree. . . and yet? Look at the lunacy which SassyIrishLass is accusing me, just for volunteering to enforce rules, that we all agree to by being members and posting here. . . :rolleyes:

I almost never know what zone I'm in unless I make it constant point to check
I have no idea where zone 2 is anymore and I guess zone 4 fell off the back of the meat wagon and got run over by zone 3.
Funna. :10:

usmb-zones-cheat-sheet-v_may2022-png.648492

This is an anonymous forum. We do not know each other's identities.

As such, there can BE no libel.

There are all manner of posters who support one thing but then claim to support something else. There are all manner of posters here to deceive by pretending they are something they are not. We have posters representing special interests and posters trying to manipulate the perceptions of others and posters who are downright insane.as for me, I simply look at the pattern of rhetoric from any particul..ar poster and pay attention to what they say as well as what they never say. I judge them on this pattern instead of whatever bull shit they claim about themselves.
And we have posters like you who make up past threads or quotes to make your lies come true..I am referring to the dark fury comments

And we have posters like you who make up past threads or quotes to make your lies come true..I am referring to the dark fury comments
You’ve got to admit it’s pretty bad when posters who justify the HAMAS attacks address Jews on this site as “Nazi.”

Well. There's really no such thing as anonymity. That's a pipe dream.

if someone really wanted to press the issue, it wouldn't be much to subpoena the information. In which case, the administrator would gladly turn it over, much like any other web site would and does.

I've seen it happen on message boards before.

They don't write TOS (not to be confused with site guidelines) for nothing.

We live in an age where men with guns are being sent by governments to kick down doors for things that people say online rather routinely.

Calling someone a no good, dirty, rotten, filth, stinking son of a bitch is one thing.

Openly (and arbitrarily) inferring that someone is a supporter of a specific terrorist organization or outright accusing them with terrorism is quite another scenario completely and is taken quite seriously and anyine with even of ounce of common sense would and really should defend themselves rigorously against such an arbitrarily invoked claim.

Why do you think they made such a big deal out of calling people ''groomers?"

It certainly wasnlt for nothing.

Same scenario, really.

It's why web sites such as these should employ at least one or some qualified moderation with legit credentials who understand these technical factors/aspects rather than just picking some random schmuck with a personal (and compartmentalized) opinion and a fan base. I'm generally speaking here. Not picking on anyone in particular. I'm just saying. Especially if you don't have a regularly active administrator/supermaude. Which this place doesn't, oddly.

But, like I said. Whatever. I'm just opining on it since I happened to skim over the thread and noticed that you trivialized the claim which was made. Not my monkeys. Not my circus...
Is this a dave tribute?

There are some folks posting here that push falsehoods about other members. I wish the mods would step in and put a stop to this. It gets very annoying.
You do have a habit of posting generic pics from the web, strongly implying that they’re “yours” (a hot chick, a pic of a nice house, a huge flexed bicep) and then immediately walk it back, saying they just “look like” your girlfriend, your house, your bicep.

I mean, c’mon. If you actually have a hot girlfriend, a great house and big muscles, why not actually post actual pics of them?

Oh no....Mr Beale.....lovin' the cheat sheet, thanks.
Not mine.

Credit goes to flacaltenn

He doesn't come around much anymore though.

:(

If you want sane, sober analysis on this issue, that is tearing and dividing the forum, he has some good posts on it. I suggest reading them, he stopped by a week or two ago to give his take on it all.

I agree. . . and yet? Look at the lunacy which SassyIrishLass is accusing me, just for volunteering to enforce rules, that we all agree to by being members and posting here. . . :rolleyes:

You really do have a weak spine.

The problem on here is moderation, you all get involved in threads, get butthurt then... well everybody knows.

Now leave me alone

I missed her accusation.

I did see you accusing her of wanting no rules, though. Is that what you are talking about?

I don't recall anybody ever saying they want no rules. They just indicate that they want them enforced even handedly whereupon dishonest mods then play a sleight of hand by claiming they don't want to follow rules at all..

That is very dishonest.

Can we create falsehoods in an imaginary medium? ... are the words the falsehood or the ideas behind the words? ...

Sounds expense, do you want membership fees here or something? ... the moderation here is the finest in the world for the cost, bar none, infinite value ...
Apparently the mods think so since calling people groomers is forbidden.

I missed her accusation.

I did see you accusing her of wanting no rules, though. Is that what you are talking about?

I don't recall anybody ever saying they want no rules. They just indicate that they want them enforced even handedly whereupon dishonest mods then play a sleight of hand by claiming they don't want to follow rules at all..

That is very dishonest.

You have one midget mod creating threads then thread bans anyone challenging him

Everyone knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back