I have a suggestion for the ignore feature

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
let's make it a real ignore..................the ignored posters entire feed and history will vanish completely from your view....you can NEVER unignore this poster again...liked they ceased to exist in time and space

now that is a real ignore that sticks

sloop never ignored anyone....i'm their representative for the downtrodden here.no poster should ever being ignored.....they should be insulted to the fullest extent of the law here in these parts,

let's make it a real ignore..................the ignored posters entire feed and history will vanish completely from your view....you can NEVER unignore this poster again...liked they ceased to exist in time and space

sloop never ignored anyone....i'm their representative for the downtrodden here.no poster should ever being ignored.....they should be insulted to the fullest extent of the law here in these parts,
To err is human to forgive is divine- Alexander Pope

Ignore is for Pussies
How many have you put on ignore then?

1699051353480.png

And could you define pussy?

Nothing should be permanent. Because sometimes putting someone on ignore can make them see the error in their ways, and reform their behavior. If ignore was permanent, then there would be nothing to encourage better behavior.

Second, I would make a persons ignore list public, or an icon to show you who has you on ignore. And if you click on "show ignored content" you would be prohibited from replying to someone you have on ignore.

Third, I would make ignore by thread. That someone in the taunting zone may be obnoxious, but forced to be civil in the clean debate zone, and thus worth reading.

Nothing should be permanent. Because sometimes putting someone on ignore can make them see the error in their ways, and reform their behavior. If ignore was permanent, then there would be nothing to encourage better behavior.

So......how does that work if the person doesn't even know they are on anyones ignore list??? Just because people don't respond to every post made, doesn't mean they are ignoring anyone.......so if the 'ignored' person doesn't know they are being ignored, how are they going to know to change their behavior?????? Cause I don't see it's made any difference in how people choose to post.

Second, I would make a persons ignore list public, or an icon to show you who has you on ignore. And if you click on "show ignored content" you would be prohibited from replying to someone you have on ignore.

There are some idiots on this board that are one nearly everyone's ignore list........there isn't enough bandwidth to show them all.

hird, I would make ignore by thread. That someone in the taunting zone may be obnoxious, but forced to be civil in the clean debate zone, and thus worth reading.

This is covered in the rules, no need for ignore threads. There are many that are obnoxious in da basement and quite civil upstairs.

So your prize for such redundant suggestions is........

wait for it...........

my ignore list.

I like your idea. 👍

I don't agree about the never unignore........but I do like the 'insulted to the fullest extent of the law' :banana:

This message board is infested with trolls. It's too bad there aren't more people that can engage in an intelligent conversation.

I had 1 on ignore, then after a conversation with an utter thick mod, I placed 6 more on ignore.
MODS can post as regular users, and function as moderators. They can be obnoxious as users, but because they're mods, you can't put them on ignore.

Forum List

Back