False Accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some folks posting here that push falsehoods about other members. I wish the mods would step in and put a stop to this. It gets very annoying.
Hey bluster, there is a difference between limited participation and sub par participation. :evil: /butthurt off

Well, maybe you have me confused with someone else and your memory isn't as good as you think because it takes a very high trigger for me to say something like that.

I mean, I have heard some people here say some downright seditious stuff that gives one pause to wonder if they aren't wrapped too tight or maybe might be the next kook out there to go postal or something.
No, I'm not confused. It's not worth further dialogue, man. There's nothing to be had by it. It's just something I remembered, and your post reminded me of it is all.

I probably shouldn't even have mentioned it. That was years ago.

Last edited:
Whoever dreamed up that Zone crap is definitely a left loon

Well, I can kind of see it if you think of this place as several forums on one site, and if the difference between them was made clear, simple and concise--- where xenforo fails is that except for Z1, which is now labeled so at the top of the page if you happen to be at the top of the page to see it, none of the other zones are so labeled. Worse, the zones are all mixed together on the forum page except Z3/Z4 at the very bottom. The problem is that most of the time, I suspect most people go to their ALERTS drop down list of replies, responses and likes from posts they've made or threads they've followed for the first stuff to read or respond to, and the links there take you straight to the related post, which, unless it just happens to be near the top of a Z1 page, you never see or know which zone that post or thread was in and since most of us are hopping from post to post, thread to thread constantly as the activity goes, who can remember or keep track of which zone they are in at any given time if it even occurs to them to think about it!

Long ago, I devised a color-coded scheme and a few other ideas to solve this but when I offered it to Flacc, he had no interest.

If I were setting up this forum, I would have made it just TWO zones, each clearly delineated and visually identifiable at all times: one zone would have strict rules of decorum where civil, topic-driven conversation ruled, and the other one where pretty much anything goes, like Z3.

Legally speaking, you have much to learn about the modern, technological world and how it actually works.

Ignorance and arrogance are a dangerous combination. Self-destructive in most cases. It's not a matter of if. But when. But whatever.

Proceed...

:dig:
Whatever, indeed.

Sure it would. There is an expectation of privacy on an anonymous message board.

I remember when DarkFury would talk such nonsense, and we all roundly mocked the shit out of him. . . deservedly so.

No judge would honor a subpoena to some whiny bitch for a civil liability case, when folks here have an expectation of privacy.

:rolleyes:

You can't libel an avatar. You can't hurt the reputation of a quasi-fictitious entity.

You are being ridiculous now, and trying to strip away the freedom of speech which nom de plumes afford to our membership.

stahp already.
The proof, in this case, would be in the pudding.

Libel is notoriously difficult to prove, even with public figures. For one anonymous member of a message board against another, though --get real. I would LOVE to see an example of a case thus prosecuted successfully.

The proof, in this case, would be in the pudding.

Libel is notoriously difficult to prove, even with public figures. For one anonymous member of a message board against another, though --get real. I would LOVE to see an example of a case thus prosecuted successfully.

You don't have to prove libel.

Xenforo has revoked licenses after receiving and reviewing usership reporting of the very content/practices being discussed herein.

See the matter involving KiwiFarms, for instance.

And there are, in my view, a few specific infantile people on here, observably, who are borderline practicing precisely what the usership of that platform were accused of practicing. And they should thank their lucky stars that I'm not naive enough to volunteer for maude duty. Because they'd be gone with the quickness and I wouldn't lose a second worth of sleep over it. There's absolutely nothing of any practical value in that sort of strategic, organized, targeted, arbitrary practice toward Individuals which has been observable as of late.

Anyway. Once your software license is revoked, you cannot become a new customer.

You have a one-track mind. As I said, you have much to learn about the new age. Placing that aside, and considering all of your routine complaints about mauderation, be thankful that you have the ones that that you have who let those sorts of bad actors get away with, as I'd mentioned, that sort of observable, strategic, targeted, organized, arbitrary practice toward Individuals. But just know that when the rubber meets the road, assuming that it ever does, they won't really have much say in the matter. That's just reality in the digital age of communication platforms and social networking. The terms of controversy regarding use are both proprietary and complex. But they're also rather simple to manage and navigate, if understood. And respected.

Again...TOS...Web Site Guidelines...two entirely different things which serve two entirely different purposes. The former is almost universally ignored in favor of solely invoking the latter.

To repeat. Why do you think they won't let you arbitrarily call someone a groomer? Duh...

Last edited:
There are, to my knowledge, only a few types of defamation that are expressly prohibited. If you see these types of libel, by all means, make a report.

Otherwise, the rule is;

As long as the member who is launching the libelous statements at you, addresses the topic of the thread, this is USMB, you should not look for a safe space here. This is the way it has always been.
No, this is the way it sometimes is.

USMB TOS are a bit more specific than USMB Rules and Guidelines.

''You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend..''

Interestingly, nobody (mauds in particular) ever takes into consideration the actual TOS, linked here...

But whatever. That's just the INTJ in me showing, I suppose. I don't care what people do on here anyway. It's just one giant group pecker waving contest if you ask me.
A Jung and Myres & Briggs fan

Xenforo has revoked licenses after receiving and reviewing usership reporting of the very content/practices being discussed herein.

And there are, in my view, a few specific infantile people on here, observably, who are borderline practicing precisely what the usership of that platform were accused of practicing. And they should thank their lucky stars that I'm not naive enough to volunteer for maude duty. Because they'd be gone with the quickness and I wouldn't lose a second worth of sleep over it. There's absolutely nothing of any practical value in that sort of strategic, organized, targeted, arbitrary practice toward Individuals which has been observable as of late.

Anyway. Once your software license is revoked, you cannot become a new customer.

You have a one-track mind. As I said, you have much to learn about the new age. Placing that aside, and considering all of your routine complaints about mauderation, be thankful that you have the ones that that you have who let those sorts of bad actors get away with, as I'd mentioned, that sort of observable, strategic, targeted, organized, arbitrary practice toward Individuals. But just know that when the rubber meets the road, assuming that it ever does, they won't really have much say in the matter. That's just reality in the digital age of communication platforms and social networking. The terms of controversy regarding use are both proprietary and complex. But they're also rather simple to manage and navigate, if understood. And respected.

Again...TOS...Web Site Guidelines...two entirely different things which serve two entirely different purposes. The former is almost universally ignored in favor of solely invoking the latter.

To repeat. Why do you think they won't let you arbitrarily call someone a groomer? Duh...
but it is OK to call any person a groomer as long as it is not a board member?

You use the word "arbitrary" as if that were the actual case in these matters. It isn't.

When a person supports teaching prepubescent boys about how to perform fellatio while providing them books that detail how to hook up with adult men for just that, by very DEFINITION, they are supporting the grooming of children. That you conflate pointing out this fact with calling them a groomer only speaks to your own lack of discernment.

Now, do me a solid and provide an example where one anonymous poster on a message board pursed a case of libel against another anonymous poster.

USMB TOS are a bit more specific than USMB Rules and Guidelines.

''You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend..''

Interestingly, nobody (mauds in particular) ever takes into consideration the actual TOS, linked here...

But whatever. That's just the INTJ in me showing, I suppose. I don't care what people do on here anyway. It's just one giant group pecker waving contest if you ask me.
Thank you for bringing that up!

provide an example where one anonymous poster on a message board pursed a case of libel against another anonymous poster.

This has never happened and I don't expect it would. That is not the point of my thread.

This has never happened and I don't expect it would. That is not the point of my thread.
I know it's not the point of your thread, but I am responding to the notion as to whether various accusations can be considered libelous.

Heck, I have been accused of all sorts of things BY a moderator, yet I would never pursue a case of libel against USMB because of it.

Now, do me a solid and provide an example where one anonymous poster on a message board pursed a case of libel against another anonymous poster.

How about you do me a solid favor and pay better attention to what you're reading rather than twisting it into what you want it to be and then running with it with that one-track mind of yours.

That seems to be a schtick of yours.

The only people in the thread who have invoked libel are you and Beale.

I was talking about the provider's TOS vs the web site operator's specific rules and guidelines.

I never suggested we sue anyone for libel. My thread has been taken way out of context. I just think the forum rules should be changed to encourage healthy debate and less animosity among members. Trolling seems to be encouraged by some moderators.

How about you do me a solid favor and pay better attention to what you're reading rather than twisting it into what you want it to be and then running with it.

That seems to be a schtick of yours.

The only people in the thread who have invoked libel are you and Beale.

I was talking about the provider's TOS vs the web site operator's specific rules and guidelines.
People before me invoked the word libel so I explained how it does not apply.

You then started humping my leg which is what you have been doing of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back