False Accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we create falsehoods in an imaginary medium? ... are the words the falsehood or the ideas behind the words? ...

Sounds expense, do you want membership fees here or something? ... the moderation here is the finest in the world for the cost, bar none, infinite value ...

There are some folks posting here that push falsehoods about other members. I wish the mods would step in and put a stop to this. It gets very annoying.
There are, to my knowledge, only a few types of defamation that are expressly prohibited. If you see these types of libel, by all means, make a report.

No accusations of other members relating to bestiality, grooming, or pedophilia.
No attacks on family members.

Otherwise, the rule is;

Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Replies must contain significant and specific thread topic content to advance the discussion. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

As long as the member who is launching the libelous statements at you, addresses the topic of the thread, this is USMB, you should not look for a safe space here. This is the way it has always been.

Slandering fellow members is not a good look for this site.

Exactly. Calling someone a pedo on here is not allowed, you'll get banned for slander.

But if it can be proven that person is a convicted pedo, it doesn't matter. But the ultimate defense to slander is truth.
People need to quit playing the gotcha game here.

There are some folks posting here that push falsehoods about other members. I wish the mods would step in and put a stop to this. It gets very annoying.
It isn't the mods' duty to say what is or isn't true about any member of this forum or any thread topic. If someone posts a reply in a thread in Zones 1 and 2 that is ONLY about another forum member, report it! That violates the rules if they aren't discussing the topic and is also considered trolling and/or flaming.

There are, to my knowledge, only a few types of defamation that are expressly prohibited. If you see these types of libel, by all means, make a report.

Otherwise, the rule is;

As long as the member who is launching the libelous statements at you, addresses the topic of the thread, this is USMB, you should not look for a safe space here. This is the way it has always been.

USMB TOS are a bit more specific than USMB Rules and Guidelines.

''You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend..''

Interestingly, nobody (mauds in particular) ever takes into consideration the actual TOS, linked here...

But whatever. That's just the INTJ in me showing, I suppose. I don't care what people do on here anyway. It's just one giant group pecker waving contest if you ask me.

Last edited:
USMB TOS are a bit more specific than USMB Rules and Guidelines.

''You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory...''

Interestingly, nobody (mauds in particular) ever takes into consideration the actual TOS, linked here...

But whatever. That's just the INTJ in me showing, I suppose. I don't care what people do on here anyway. It's just one giant group pecker waving contest if you ask me.

It's just one giant pecker waving contest if you ask me.
Indeed.. .. :113:

And on an anonymous message board, just how are folks going to PROVE what exactly what is false or defamatory? Rather than, what might be true? :eusa_think:

Indeed.. .. :113:

And on an anonymous message board, just how are folks going to PROVE what exactly what is false or defamatory? Rather than, what might be true? :eusa_think:

Well. There's really no such thing as anonymity. That's a pipe dream.

if someone really wanted to press the issue, it wouldn't be much to subpoena the information. In which case, the administrator would gladly turn it over, much like any other web site would and does.

I've seen it happen on message boards before.

They don't write TOS (not to be confused with site guidelines) for nothing.

We live in an age where men with guns are being sent by governments to kick down doors for things that people say online rather routinely.

Calling someone a no good, dirty, rotten, filth, stinking son of a bitch is one thing.

Openly (and arbitrarily) inferring that someone is a supporter of a specific terrorist organization or outright accusing them with terrorism is quite another scenario completely and is taken quite seriously and anyine with even of ounce of common sense would and really should defend themselves rigorously against such an arbitrarily invoked claim.

Why do you think they made such a big deal out of calling people ''groomers?"

It certainly wasnlt for nothing.

Same scenario, really.

It's why web sites such as these should employ at least one or some qualified moderation with legit credentials who understand these technical factors/aspects rather than just picking some random schmuck with a personal (and compartmentalized) opinion and a fan base. I'm generally speaking here. Not picking on anyone in particular. I'm just saying. Especially if you don't have a regularly active administrator/supermaude. Which this place doesn't, oddly.

But, like I said. Whatever. I'm just opining on it since I happened to skim over the thread and noticed that you trivialized the claim which was made. Not my monkeys. Not my circus...

Last edited:
There are, to my knowledge, only a few types of defamation that are expressly prohibited.

And there in lies the rub. Defamation is defamation, and it should not be allowed, but I understand the staff is not large enough here to keep up with it all. For instance, a couple years ago, someone started with calling me a Russian spy, maybe because I used to screw with this idiot troll from Russia named Sellivan who did nothing but come here touting the superiority of all things Russian and how inferior the West was. But I understand it is the usual crap the left pulls trying to troll people and get under their skin, so sometimes I ask them back if they are from China instead. It all gets pretty juvenile and leads to there being few actually intelligent, real discussions here.

Then the other day, another jackhole here accused me of trying to overthrow the US government. That is libel, and had he taken my dare to repeat that crap again, I know just the attorney who can get a court order to force this place to turn over his IP address to take him to court.

Kidding around and casual insults, silly bickering, name calling and sparing are one thing, but actual defamation and slander is taking things too far, and more than ceases to take the fun out of participating here.

And there in lies the rub. Defamation is defamation, and it should not be allowed, but I understand the staff is not large enough here to keep up with it all. For instance, a couple years ago, someone started with calling me a Russian spy, maybe because I used to screw with this idiot troll from Russia named Sellivan who did nothing but come here touting the superiority of all things Russian and how inferior the West was. But I understand it is the usual crap the left pulls trying to troll people and get under their skin, so sometimes I ask them if they are from China instead. It all gets pretty juvenile and leads to there being few actually intelligent, real discussions here.

Then the other day, another jackhole here accused me of trying to overthrow the US government. That is libel, and had he taken my dare to repeat that crap again, I know just the attorney who can get a court order to force this place to turn over his IP address to take him to court.

Kidding around and casual insults, silly bickering, name calling and sparing are one thing, but actual defamation and slander is taking things too far, and more than ceases to take the fun out of participating here.
Soooo, you say you are NOT a Russian spy?
Is that the story you're going with?
Maybe I should call Perry Mason and get him to have Paul Drake look into this.....

(Sorry, I just had to do that) (had to I tell you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back