Egyptian (Muslim Brotherhood) Morsi to be overthrown?-Military Moves in to take over

I think they expected a government that would solve the problems and didn't get one.

And they voted it fairly. So they have to deal with the consequences, and consider the fact that this was what the people want.

I'm not sure what your point is here, and I'm always suspicious when Zionists take joy in their Muslim neighbor's misery.

Where did you see me take joy on anything?

Revolution through violence and bloodshed is hardly a solution, is all I say.

And my ideological views don't change that fact.

I am pleased to see that the White House lip service is at least backs what a democracy should be about. The new sharia based constitution in Egypt was the death knell for this nascent, albeit broken, government.

"President Obama encouraged President Morsi to take steps to show that he is responsive to their concerns..."Democracy is about more than elections," the statement said. "It is also about ensuring that the voices of all Egyptians are heard and represented by their government, including the many Egyptians demonstrating throughout the country. The United States is a big aid donor to Egypt and its military. Obama "told President Morsi that the United States is committed to the democratic process in Egypt and does not support any single party or group," the White House said."

US puts pressure on Morsi to listen to Egyptian people

I must say I am confused.

What is Obama's plans concerning Egypt.

He pushed Mubarak to step down, pushing Morsi up. Now it's Morsi who has to listen to his people, who will be next? and how long will it last?:eusa_whistle:

Egypt's Morsi rejects army's 48-hour ultimatum

BBC World News - 2 July 2013 Last updated at 17:23 ET

_68513084_demoap.jpg

President Morsi has criticised an army ultimatum

Egypt's president has rejected an army ultimatum that the country's crisis be resolved by Wednesday, amid deadly protests across the capital.

Mohammed Morsi insisted on his constitutional legitimacy as president and said he would not be dictated to.

It is clear he expects the military to depose him in the coming hours, says the BBC's Aleem Maqbool in Cairo.

The army earlier leaked details of its draft "roadmap" for Egypt's future to the BBC.

The plan would see new presidential elections, the suspension of the new constitution and the dissolution of parliament.

Clashes in Cairo between opponents and supporters of President Morsi killed seven people on Tuesday, the health ministry said.

The army warned on Monday that it would step in unless a solution was found, giving Mr Morsi 48 hours to find agreement with the opposition. That ultimatum expires around 16:30 (15:30 BST) on Wednesday.

BBC News - Egypt's Morsi rejects army's 48-hour ultimatum

==============================

It would appear that the Egyptian Electorate has reached the conclusion that they made a mistake.

This is what happens when you vote-in a former big-wig in the Muslim Brotherhood and allow them to shove a fresh Constitution down The People's throats.

The Army takes notice of the distress of The People, then steps in, to remove the Brotherhood shill and his fellow travelers and bulldoze what they've done into the ground.

That really isn't the issue at play - to use an overused cliche "it's the economy, stupid" ;)

Egypts got high unemployment, highest among young adults, high inflation, and an economy in shambles. People voted in Morsi because that is what they wanted addressed.

Morsi is complex - and he's dealing with complex problems that won't be quickly fixed. He's a lousy compromiser and has pissed off the military and opposing factions by refusing to deal with them. A constitution is necessary for governance and in fairness to Morsi, it was getting nowhere so I can understand why he forced things the way he did. However, in doing so and in declaring martial law and disrespecting the army (Egypt's most revered institution) he over-reached badly. The positive - from an outside point of view might be that this will erode support for the MB and allow the opposition a chance to better organize.

Then again maybe not. There is one very important point though - Morsi is the democratically elected president, like him or not. If an elected leader can be deposed by mass violence or demonstrations anytime the electorate is unhappy wit h him (rather than by the democratic process) - that is not necessarily a good thing for the future is it?

Of course it is the economy. Egypt depended on their tourism which at the moment is non existent. Add to that companies that pulled out of Egypt due to violence back when Mubarek was ousted. The economy is far worse than what they are reporting - the desperation is seen in the size of the protest. They are in very bad shape over there. If anyone thinks these people didn't know who the MB was when Morsi was elected they are mistaken. They knew full well and voted for him anyhow. This is about the economic condition of Egypt which is on life support right now... dying.

Egypt and North Africa have remained unimportant backwaters since Islamics Arabs and Blacks took it over 1500 years ago from Europeans.

Does anyone think Egypt will become a great civilization as it was 3,000 years ago depending on who runs the government there?

One pack of dogs is as good as the next.

Aside from keeping the Suez Canal open and not exporting terrorism around the world, Egypt has no importance whatsoever. Maybe starting another war, but that's not too important.

I am pleased to see that the White House lip service is at least backs what a democracy should be about. The new sharia based constitution in Egypt was the death knell for this nascent, albeit broken, government.

"President Obama encouraged President Morsi to take steps to show that he is responsive to their concerns..."Democracy is about more than elections," the statement said. "It is also about ensuring that the voices of all Egyptians are heard and represented by their government, including the many Egyptians demonstrating throughout the country. The United States is a big aid donor to Egypt and its military. Obama "told President Morsi that the United States is committed to the democratic process in Egypt and does not support any single party or group," the White House said."

US puts pressure on Morsi to listen to Egyptian people

I must say I am confused.

What is Obama's plans concerning Egypt.

He pushed Mubarak to step down, pushing Morsi up. Now it's Morsi who has to listen to his people, who will be next? and how long will it last?:eusa_whistle:

As long as US interests are placed in the forefront of the agenda.

Wonder if he'll get the standard drag his dead or dying ass through the streets a la Gadaffi, ramming a stick or something up his ass now and then, which seems to have some appeal to murderous, rioting Arabs for some reason or other.

?Biggest protest in Egypt?s history?: LIVE UPDATES ? RT News

15:44 GMT: Military coup is under way in Egypt, according to President Morsi’s National Security adviser, reports Reuters. “No military coup can succeed against popular resistance without considerable bloodshed,” Essam El-Haddad added. The adviser said he expected army and police to use force to remove supporters of the President.

Morsi urged Egyptians to resist the military coup peacefully and not to use violence, his aide pointed out.

15:43 GMT: Security forces have slapped a travel ban on Morsi and several Muslim Brotherhood officials, reports AFP, citing a security source.

HaHa! Now only if Americans would wake the fuck up and do this.

Forum List

Back