Do women want marriage and managomy more than men?

Single mothers are the result of what? Tragedy, unfit father, or man exercising his own rights to leave.

Women weren't forced into anything. We chased it, demanded it, fought for it, and got it. The women who were following the busy-body liberators did not even consider that with liberty comes great responsibility. They pay now for ignorance then.

Women thought they were going to get all the perks of men, and none of the responsibilities. Men, too often, were happy to give up those responsibiities.
What are girls learning today? They have to be sexy starting at 6 years old and by 14 are ready for boxtox and breast implants. Girls still like boys, as long as the boys are vampires, werewolves or friendly beasts. I remember the days when girls dreamed of the perfect wedding. Today they want Edward to drain them of blood.

1. Most common reason: woman's decision to end marriage. Most common cause of that decision: it's too difficult/time consuming/too much effort needed to build up and keep a relationship.

2. "We"? Who "we"? I didn't. My grandmother didn't; my mother didn't; my sister didn't. None of the women I relate to or know either through friendship or work did... Who are these "we"? And who gave "them" the right to decide for all those who don't want to be "liberated men with tits"?

3. Sad, but true...

Single mothers are the result of what? Tragedy, unfit father, or man exercising his own rights to leave.

Women weren't forced into anything. We chased it, demanded it, fought for it, and got it. The women who were following the busy-body liberators did not even consider that with liberty comes great responsibility. They pay now for ignorance then.

Women thought they were going to get all the perks of men, and none of the responsibilities. Men, too often, were happy to give up those responsibiities.
What are girls learning today? They have to be sexy starting at 6 years old and by 14 are ready for boxtox and breast implants. Girls still like boys, as long as the boys are vampires, werewolves or friendly beasts. I remember the days when girls dreamed of the perfect wedding. Today they want Edward to drain them of blood.

1. Most common reason: woman's decision to end marriage. Most common cause of that decision: it's too difficult/time consuming/too much effort needed to build up and keep a relationship.

2. "We"? Who "we"? I didn't. My grandmother didn't; my mother didn't; my sister didn't. None of the women I relate to or know either through friendship or work did... Who are these "we"? And who gave "them" the right to decide for all those who don't want to be "liberated men with tits"?

3. Sad, but true...

It is sad but true. Women did not imagine for a second that by becoming more like men, men were free to become more infantile.

You said there weren't any, not that you did not know of any.

I am not here to educate you. You must do the work yourself.

OK, since you admit you don't: Native Americans society was polygamous until smashed apart by the European intervention; Asia was polygamous and still is some parts; Middle East is polygamous in most of it today; part of Africa are polygamous today; and Europe was polygamous until the Greco-Roman form of marriages.

In the U.S., the Latter Day Saints were polygamous, and many of the minor sects are still polygamous.

You made the first claim there were none. I countered. You have to provided an affirmative case with evidence, not ask me to refute your assertion.

This is on you.

You claimed to know "Successful polygamist societies". I asked you to point them me. Can you do that?

?????
I have to "provide evidence" that I don't know of any "successful polygamous" society???

OK', there: I DON'T KNOW OF ANY SUCCESSFUL POLYGAMOUS SOCIETY OF PRESENT.

Now, your turn. Please, tell me what society you had in mind when you mentioned "successful polygamous" societies.

You said they were not successful. You have to provide the evidence for your assertion before asking someone to counter it.

LDS polygamy was very successful until crushed by the federal government.

You made the assertion that it has not been successful. We are waiting for your evidence.

Mormons are a RELIGIOUS SECT, not wide spread, and far from being an example of "successful"!

1. Mormons are a RELIGIOUS SECT. Mostly confined to US.
2. Them and other loopy groups can be classed as "communities" at best. But not as "societies".
3. Pardon me, but what would be the measure of their "success"???!!!!!

Part of our society, regardless of the law, is polygamous, no two ways about it.

We have one running for president...
Yes they are a widespread large culture.
and more than you think still practice pologmy in secret.

1. What can I say? It's US...

2. Within US?

3. "In secret" means AGAINST THE LAWS. That means the society is NOT polygamous.

You said there weren't any, not that you did not know of any.

I am not here to educate you. You must do the work yourself.

OK, since you admit you don't: Native Americans society was polygamous until smashed apart by the European intervention; Asia was polygamous and still is some parts; Middle East is polygamous in most of it today; part of Africa are polygamous today; and Europe was polygamous until the Greco-Roman form of marriages.

In the U.S., the Latter Day Saints were polygamous, and many of the minor sects are still polygamous.

What "work"? Are you telling me I -- who do not know of any successful polygamous society, or believe there is one -- should "do the work" and find one that YOU think exist?!

Native Americans (which ones'?) have a SUCCESSFUL society? You mean, in US reservations? Pushed off their lands, and slowly dying in squalor? You think it's a success story?!

"Asia"? "Africa"? "Europe"?
For starters, they are CONTINENTS, not "societies"!

And what the hell is "the Latter Day Saints"? Another loony US sect? What is their claim to success? I am not even asking you to elaborate on "Greco-Roman form of marriages"... :D

Basically, you can't find any "successful polygamous" society either...

Part of our society, regardless of the law, is polygamous, no two ways about it.

Did you say PART of YOUR society? So, it's not a SOCIETY after all?
And PART of your society are paedophiles. Another PART of your society are murderers. Yet another PART of your society are pimps; while the other PART of your society are drug dealers... etc.

Btw, you still did not explain in what field your matrimonial fiends can claim a success? :D

3. Sad, but true...

It is sad but true. Women did not imagine for a second that by becoming more like men, men were free to become more infantile.

Women reinforce infantile behavior by men in every way they can...then they're shocked when their husbands aren't responsible.

You must be losing it, mememe, because I said OUR not 'your' society. If you are American, then, yes, part of your society has polygamists in it. (I really don't think you are deliberately falsifying, just becoming confused).

You made the claim that polygamy was not successful and still have not offered any proof for it.

I don't have to do anything until you do, since it was your claim.

Did you say PART of YOUR society? So, it's not a SOCIETY after all?
And PART of your society are paedophiles. Another PART of your society are murderers. Yet another PART of your society are pimps; while the other PART of your society are drug dealers... etc.

Btw, you still did not explain in what field your matrimonial fiends can claim a success? :D

"Marriage used to mean, until death do us part. Now it means, `till something goes wrong."

Marriage is no longer desirous for me. Living without marital constraints, is. I don't need or want another to lean on, or to feel complete. I AM glad I experienced marriage more than once, to good men, to have this frame of reference.

Is Marriage Going Out of Style? - CBN TV - Video

No to marriage. Yes to monogamy in romantic relationships....

You must be losing it, mememe, because I said OUR not 'your' society. If you are American, then, yes, part of your society has polygamists in it. (I really don't think you are deliberately falsifying, just becoming confused).

You made the claim that polygamy was not successful and still have not offered any proof for it.

I don't have to do anything until you do, since it was your claim.

1. I am NOT American.

2. Yes, within few societies around the planet there are GROUPS of people who are polygamous. But they are NOT a SOCIETY!!!!! Especially, a "successful society" of which you were talking.
But most of those who have multiple wives are NOT polygamists because they do not live as one family; their multiple partners are unaware of each other. They are simply either gold diggers or perverts of sorts.

3. I did offer you a proof of the fact there are no successful polygamous societies. There it is: THERE ARE NO SUCCESSFUL POLYGAMOUS SOCIETIES!!!!!!!!! ALL POLYGAMOUS SOCIETIES THAT EXIST LIVE ON A LEVEL OF HUNTER-GATHERER DEVELOPMENT!!!

If you know of a polygamous society that you consider successful, please NAME IT; and then I can offer you my reasons as to why I consider myself wrong in my original assumptions or why I consider your example unsuccessful.

But I can't analyse something that does not exist -- a SUCCESSFUL polygamous society! For the same reason you can't tell me why elephants are slow-flyers -- because there are NO flying elephants!

The only example you squeesed out of yourself were "Native Americans" (as if they are one monolithic society!); and I readily explained to you why they can not be considered "successful"!

Give me another example. After all, it was YOU who claimed there are such societies. Name them, and then I will give you my reason on each one.

mememe has her opinions and she is entitled them.

No, she cannot disprove that society, American and otherwise, where polygamy exists is not successful.

She does not like the practice, and she does not have to.

No. In Islam a man can have more then one wife as a CHARITABLE ACT towards a woman, not his free choice. And that only with the agreement of his existing wife!

Bullshit, its polygamy. Stop making excuses for them.

It's partly both! In islam a woman is property. She is inherited just like any other form of property. When a man dies, his father, brother, cousin or uncle inherits his wife like any other form of property. I don't know that I am entirely opposed to the idea of women as property. There are many women who would love to be treated like a car, a boat, or any other object of property that is valued. It's one of the reasons I left my second husband. Had he treated me like he treated his pick up truck, we might have been together until he died.

This is one of those things that is reprehensible on paper, it's reprehensible when it doesn't go well. But, if it goes well, it's phenomenal.

Katz do you think the insitution of marriage is dead in modern day America? I do, I don't think men and women can have a succesful marriage anymore, at least not most people. The divorce rates are through the roof and theres too many distractions and cheating going on.

No. In Islam a man can have more then one wife as a CHARITABLE ACT towards a woman, not his free choice. And that only with the agreement of his existing wife!

Bullshit, its polygamy. Stop making excuses for them.

I am not "making excuses", I am explaining to you under what circumstances a Muslim man can have more then one wife.
Of course, in reality the rules get sometimes ignored...

No you are making excuses, when a man has more than 1 wife it is polygamy stop making fucking excuses for Muslims.

Polygamy, regardless of personal discussion, is one man and more than one wife.

Isn't this the equality women wanted.

Professional men who are single fathers also have to hire someone to pay what they should be doing themselves.
Men have as many multiple failed marriages as women. Some might say exactly the same number of multiple failed marriages.

1. Were women asked? No. Few "liberated" busy-bodies decided "on behalf of" all women, setting the trend for all liberal dictators of present. Of course, women should have equal RIGHTS referenced against their psychological and physiological features, but "liberators" decided to a) FORCE all women into their rights; b) forced through their notion that there is no difference between men and women, thus women should be forced into men's "suit".

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences." (C.S.Lewis)

2. "Single man-parent" usually means either a tragedy or an unfit mother. It's not the situation that we discuss.

Nah most girls now dream of a Kardashian type wedding and more than 6 figures spent on it.

Forum List

Back