Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

No. Logic and reason say it is the other way around.
No, logic and reason say we know NOTHING about any “god”.
th

Actually if I were to pick another name for God it would be Crom.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

There in lies their problem. They can’t conceive of a realistic perception of God.

th

I find it more likely that they simply wish to have blind faith in their on divisive ideology without considering the evidence before them.

*****SMILE*****

That’s sort of my point. Because they are so certain they can’t be wrong they have never made any effort to examine the evidence.

I find it more likely that they simply wish to have blind faith in their on divisive ideology without considering the evidence before them.
Sorry, the fact that the evidence doesn't compel everyone and rule out other explanations is precisely why it is not evidence. You need to get that through your head.

No. Logic and reason say it is the other way around.
No, logic and reason say we know NOTHING about any “god”.
th

Actually if I were to pick another name for God it would be Crom.

*****CHUCKLE*****

There in lies their problem. They can’t conceive of a realistic perception of God.

th

*****SMILE*****

That’s sort of my point. Because they are so certain they can’t be wrong they have never made any effort to examine the evidence.

th

I caught that and understand.

*****SMILE*****

Sorry, the fact that the evidence doesn't compel everyone and rule out other explanations is precisely why it is not evidence. You need to get that through your head.
It’s not up to anyone but yourself to prove it to yourself.

th

What you need is a reading comprehension class....... Show me where I seek any converts to my beliefs. While you on the other hand act as some sort of high priest out to burn the infidels. Even Carl Sagan had something to say about entrenched hierarchies, such as yours, suppressing independent thought. Your methodology is no better than the entrenched religions that suppressed Galileo, Copernicus, Kepler, the Ionians, and others.

*****CHUCKLE*****

if such a God wanted to be relevant to man, he would show up.
He will. But not on YOUR schedule.

As none of the gods invented by man have ever made an effort to “show up”, I wouldn't suggest your particular gods are any more likely to grab an Uber and make an appearance.
"The Lord delays his coming"

Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth

Words written by men.

As none of the gods invented by man have ever made an effort to “show up”, I wouldn't suggest your particular gods are any more likely to grab an Uber and make an appearance.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth

Words written by men.
Words spoken by the WORD

In the beginning was bthe Word, and ctheWord was with God, and dthe Word wasGod. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 eAllthings were made through him, and without himwas not any thing made that was made. 4 fIn himwas life,1 and gthe life was the light of men.5 hThe light shines in the darkness, and thedarkness has not overcome it.

Words written by men.
Words spoken by the WORD

In the beginning was bthe Word, and ctheWord was with God, and dthe Word wasGod. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 eAllthings were made through him, and without himwas not any thing made that was made. 4 fIn himwas life,1 and gthe life was the light of men.5 hThe light shines in the darkness, and thedarkness has not overcome it.

I’m not sure you understand the “Word”. Nothing in any of the human authored books has any connection to any words spoken by the gods.

The Bhagavad-Gita, The Book of Mormon, and so on. A book is simply that, a book. Until there is a way to connect a supernatural being with the authorship of a book, it's safe to assume that the book is, in fact, merely written by men.

Although now, we may be edging into that really bizarre world of Theism where some things you believe as literal, others not, which is really your garden variety of pick-and-choose what you want to believe. If you can say, "Well, Genesis is true but Pauline rules on women is not" (or whatever), well, then I can -- with equal "authority" -- by your own standards, say "Well, the siege of Jericho is true, but the resurrection is not". Such game playing with one's beliefs is certainly your right to do, but it only strips your argument of credibility, it doesn't support your case at all.

Religion was our first and worst attempt at so many things: science, philosophy, medicine, agriculture, you name it.

And we have developed much better tools and knowledge since then. It's time to put away these childish toys of religion.

Show me where I seek any converts to my beliefs.
Stupid, irrelevant response. The fact that it doesnt compel others and rule out other explanations makes it "not evidence", whether or not you want to convince anyone of anything.
th

Yes. I'm sure that you're crusade and inquisition against those who do not pay reverence to your beliefs and faith at the great alter of scientific truth are infidels. What next??? You break out the Witches Hammer Of Scientific Consensus and use it to determine our fates as heretics? That's very enlightened of you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Religion was our first and worst attempt at so many things: science, philosophy, medicine, agriculture, you name it.

And we have developed much better tools and knowledge since then. It's time to put away these childish toys of religion.
th

But of course....... You have scientific consensus to back you up even if it turns out to be wrong like many scientific theories developed by entrenched science and their faithful followers. After all it's only logical and reasonable to follow your god even if its priesthood of scientific consensus are in error (<<< BTW... That means wrong).

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:
Yes. I'm sure that you're crusade and inquisition against those who do not pay reverence to your beliefs and faith at the great alter of scientific truth are infidels.
Damn you are a ineffectual little crybaby. My "crusade"? Damn son, might be time to freshen up your lipstick,ya drama queen.

Yes. I'm sure that you're crusade and inquisition against those who do not pay reverence to your beliefs and faith at the great alter of scientific truth are infidels.
Damn you are a ineffectual little crybaby. My "crusade"? Damn son, might be time to freshen up your lipstick,ya drama queen.
th

The only one I see crying here is you over your inability to coherently discuss an issue without your abusive nature kicking in because of your entrenched mentality and the fact you've already lost the discussion.

*****CHUCKLE*****

th

The only one I see crying here is you over your inability to coherently discuss an issue without your abusive nature kicking in because of your entrenched mentality and the fact you've already lost the discussion.

*****CHUCKLE*****

He’s like GT in that regard.

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

He’s like GT in that regard.

th

Maybe he's a...

*****CHUCKLE*****

For an insulting prick, you sure are a thin skinned little fellow.

I lost the discussion? Uh, better check the scoreboard....your religion remains a myth, while science keeps discovering facts, using ACTUAL evidence.

Forum List

Back