Disney and DeSantis Settle

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 30, 2019
Granite State
Prior to Ron DeSantis making his now disastrous run for President, he went to war with one of his state's biggest employers
in the name of battling "woke". It seemed to be at the time a waste of resources to try and punish Disney just because they
spoke out against the "Don't Say Gay" law. It didn't end up helping Ron DeSantis in his campaign (if you want to call it that).
In fact, he was seen as overreaching and a bit of a fascist.

All better now. :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but this was a lot to do about nothing. Maybe Ronnie thought he could enhance his Presidential aspirations if he attacked the Mouse? I don't know what his thinking was? But it seems both Florida and Disney were hurt by an ill advised attack on free speech. I hope they can now work together. It telling that there is so comment from the Governor's office.

Prior to Ron DeSantis making his now disastrous run for President, he went to war with one of his state's biggest employers
in the name of battling "woke". It seemed to be at the time a waste of resources to try and punish Disney just because they
spoke out against the "Don't Say Gay" law. It didn't end up helping Ron DeSantis in his campaign (if you want to call it that).

It did stir up his crazy supprters, though. That's all it was intended to do, anyway.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this was a lot to do about nothing. Maybe Ronnie thought he could enhance his Presidential aspirations if he attacked the Mouse? I don't know what his thinking was? But it seems both Florida and Disney were hurt by an ill advised attack on free speech. I hope they can now work together. It telling that there is so comment from the Governor's office.
I thought you wackos liked DeSantis jimboliar.....why so mad now? Did he pull a Musk on you??

Settled as in total surrender to DeSantis.

Only thing pedomouse got was the lawsuits against them are dropped.

Settled as in total surrender to DeSantis.

Only thing pedomouse got was the lawsuits against them are dropped.
Doesn't look like it. It appears as if Disney's gonna get to chart their own course again. So it looks like Ron may have decided it really wasn't in his best interest as seen going to war with Disney.
Not sure why he thought it would make him look more electable as President. I wouldn't want to elect a President that as a governor went to war with one of his state's biggest employers.

Doesn't look like it. It appears as if Disney's gonna get to chart their own course again. So it looks like Ron may have decided it really wasn't in his best interest as seen going to war with Disney.
Not sure why he thought it would make him look more electable as President. I wouldn't want to elect a President that as a governor went to war with one of his state's biggest employers.
“The last-minute, far-reaching agreements that gave Disney broad power over their previous self-governing district are declared "null and void" under the agreement”

“The last-minute, far-reaching agreements that gave Disney broad power over their previous self-governing district are declared "null and void" under the agreement”
"Instead, a comprehensive plan from 2020 will be used with the new board able to make changes to it, and the agreement suggests Disney and the new board will negotiate a new development agreement in the near future".

Is this the same Disney that 8 or 10 years (along with other companies) ago told their IT staff that they were going to replaced by workers from overseas at a cheaper and that the outgoing employees had to train their replacements? Disney like you can take a long walk off a short bridge.

Is this the same Disney that 8 or 10 years (along with other companies) ago told their IT staff that they were going to replaced by workers from overseas at a cheaper and that the outgoing employees had to train their replacements? Disney like you can take a long walk off a short bridge.
Who cares? Has nothing to do with the subject of the settlement at hand. The point is the matter is settled. Looks like each side made concessions and Ron decided going to war with one of his state's biggest employers wasn't a good look.

Who cares? Has nothing to do with the subject of the settlement at hand. The point is the matter is settled. Looks like each side made concessions and Ron decided going to war with one of his state's biggest employers wasn't a good look.
Just saying I have no sympathy for Disney.

All the democrats here support pedos dressing in drag and reading sexualized materials to children. They are pure evil America. They are coming for everything you have and want you dead.

Democrats are America's enemy

Democrats = WEF

Not at all. did you actually read the details of the settlement or did you go to Daily Kook and get their spin on it?

MSN

"Today’s settlement also includes acknowledgement from Disney that the last-minute Development Agreement is “null and void… hav[ing] no legal effect or enforceability” and stipulates the same to other similar restrictive covenants and comprehensive plan amendments made prior to CFTOD," said Griffin.

In the settlement agreement reached Wednesday, Disney has agreed to dismiss multiple active lawsuits against CFTOD.

The board DeSantis had created via legislation maintains power. the last minute changes made by the Disney controlled board are voided.

All Disney got was dropping of the lawsuits against them due to this.

Not at all. did you actually read the details of the settlement or did you go to Daily Kook and get their spin on it?

MSN
AP News. Terms are right there in the article.
DeSantis can't declare victory. Disney can't declare victory.
Looks like both sides decided that a war is bad for everyone.

The board DeSantis had created via legislation maintains power. the last minute changes made by the Disney controlled board are voided.

All Disney got was dropping of the lawsuits against them due to this.

But they are going to follow Disney's plan from 2020. That was made up before Ron threw a hissy fit and bit off more than he could chew.

AP News. Terms are right there in the article.
DeSantis can't declare victory. Disney can't declare victory.
Looks like both sides decided that a war is bad for everyone.

The Board that DeSantis placed after the law was passed remains in place.

How is that a win for Disney?

MSN
Democrats don't care about truth. They only care about their messaging.

Democrats do nothing but gaslight Americans and treating them like reasonable people will only bring harm to you. They are evil and want you dead.

That's why they are implementing the great reset for their WEF masters.

But they are going to follow Disney's plan from 2020. That was made up before Ron threw a hissy fit and bit off more than he could chew.

You got a direct link to that?

All those last minute changes made by Disney to the rules are void. Disney admitted to that.

Forum List

Back