College football prediction for 2023 season

Told you Milroe would kill you at some point this season.

I was very disappointed. But then, there is not much choice. He is who we have. If Saban says he is the best of the 3, I'll go with what the coach says.

Texas' D-line play fantastic. They were in the backfield all night. I doubt any of the other QBs could have stayed up. I saw some shitty throws, for sure. Then I saw him drop a dime for a TD.

I hate the loss, but its part of the game.

I was very disappointed. But then, there is not much choice. He is who we have. If Saban says he is the best of the 3, I'll go with what the coach says.

Texas' D-line play fantastic. They were in the backfield all night. I doubt any of the other QBs could have stayed up. I saw some shitty throws, for sure. Then I saw him drop a dime for a TD.

I hate the loss, but its part of the game.

The Tide OL did not pass block well at all. It was not all Milroe's fault. All three over 350 on the Tide OL were getting whooped in pass protection, especially the OLT #74.

The Tide D lacks edge rush.

No championship for the Tide this year.

Horns looked very good, especially on D.

As the 2023 college football season approaches (under 3 weeks), I have a hard prediction.

The Alabama Crimson Tide will make the playoffs and win the National Championship. Shortly after winning his 8th Natty, Head Coach Nick Saban will retire.

The big question is who will replace him?
Can’t believe Texas beat them.

IIRC the score was 20-19 last season so not surprised. Texas is loaded with talent.

Alabama is a bit off from what we are used to in the Saban era. Secondary wasn't very good. No edge rush. Poor pass protection for a young QB who clearly needs more experience FROM THE POCKET and took off because he couldn't trust his blockers, who were getting whooped all game in pass protection. Doesn't look like the Tide has a First Round WR or RB right now, VERY UNUSUAL....

Alabama is a bit off from what we are used to in the Saban era. Secondary wasn't very good. No edge rush. Poor pass protection for a young QB who clearly needs more experience FROM THE POCKET and took off because he couldn't trust his blockers, who were getting whooped all game in pass protection. Doesn't look like the Tide has a First Round WR or RB right now, VERY UNUSUAL....
He's a redshirt sophomore. In other words a Junior. He likely is what he is.

He's a redshirt sophomore. In other words a Junior. He likely is what he is.

To develop as a POCKET PASSER, every prospect needs GAME REPS THROWING FROM THE POCKET. He doesn't have many...

To us in Nashville, Milroe reminds us of Malik Willis, all sorts of athleticism and potential, individual plays where he looks world class, but when he stays in the pocket and throws downfield, he isn't quite reading it right... THAT TAKES TIME AND REPS AND FILM ROOM...

Brett Favre took a few years to cut down his picks in the NFL. When he got it down, he was OK....

To develop as a POCKET PASSER, every prospect needs GAME REPS THROWING FROM THE POCKET. He doesn't have many...

To us in Nashville, Milroe reminds us of Malik Willis, all sorts of athleticism and potential, individual plays where he looks world class, but when he stays in the pocket and throws downfield, he isn't quite reading it right... THAT TAKES TIME AND REPS AND FILM ROOM...

Brett Favre took a few years to cut down his picks in the NFL. When he got it down, he was OK....
Some guys become the QB because they are the best athlete on the field and so why not put the ball in his hands every down. That works in HS and even in college sometimes but eventually they get exposed. Milroe isn't a QB. He's a hell of an athlete, but he's in over his head behind center. He's been at Alabama for 2 years, if he hasn't had enough time in the film room to stop making the bonehead throws he's making then he's likely not going to figure it out. I don't think Saban is going to wait to find out either. If he doesn't have the guy on the roster currently then he's going to be actively recruiting the next signal caller. How many more years is Saban really going to even want to be the HC? 4-5 max? This year is a bust, he's going to potentially waste next year as well hoping his QB figures out how to not throw stupid interceptions?

The only poll that matters isn't released until late October. Georgia is 1 in the AP and Coaches. Texas has the best win so far and then FSU. That's who I would have 1 and 2. 2023 College Football Rankings for Week 3 | ESPN

The CrimiNoles were very impressive. Their QB has shown a definitive learning curve every year and should be in Round 1 on most guru boards. He stayed cool and shredded an LSU defense loaded with 4 and 5 stars.

Some guys become the QB because they are the best athlete on the field and so why not put the ball in his hands every down. That works in HS and even in college sometimes but eventually they get exposed. Milroe isn't a QB. He's a hell of an athlete, but he's in over his head behind center. He's been at Alabama for 2 years, if he hasn't had enough time in the film room to stop making the bonehead throws he's making then he's likely not going to figure it out. I don't think Saban is going to wait to find out either. If he doesn't have the guy on the roster currently then he's going to be actively recruiting the next signal caller. How many more years is Saban really going to even want to be the HC? 4-5 max? This year is a bust, he's going to potentially waste next year as well hoping his QB figures out how to not throw stupid interceptions?

The other two QBs on the Tide would have been sacked 10+ times had they been in there. It starts up front. Tom Brady was a "terrible QB" when Strahan and Osi and Tuck were clocking him all game in the Super Bowl. No QB succeeds without pass protection in the pocket. If the pocket isn't there, you need a QB who can run...

The other two QBs on the Tide would have been sacked 10+ times had they been in there. It starts up front. Tom Brady was a "terrible QB" when Strahan and Osi and Tuck were clocking him all game in the Super Bowl. No QB succeeds without pass protection in the pocket. If the pocket isn't there, you need a QB who can run...
Milroe sucked last year as well. He's limited and a liability. I said before this season started he would be Alabama's undoing and he was. Minus his turnovers the Tide likely win that game.

Milroe being the best QB on the Alabama roster doesnt make him a good QB.

My prediction? With NIL money on the line, it may not be this year, but soon, someone will sue their university for not getting a fair shot at a starting position, costing them a shot at the big bucks.

My prediction? With NIL money on the line, it may not be this year, but soon, someone will sue their university for not getting a fair shot at a starting position, costing them a shot at the big bucks.
Not sure how that works. With the transfer rules now if you think you're not getting a fair shake you can go elsewhere. There is zero "right" to play college football at any level. You could be the best player at your position of all time, the school doesn't have to give you a roster spot let alone playing time.

Forum List

Back