College football prediction for 2023 season

Him playing well against a terrible team isnt really proof of anything. You play Texas next week. If he has those stars against Texas we can talk.

And I said that in Post #14 "Of course, until we see him in a game against a top level defense, we won't know.".

And I said that in Post #14 "Of course, until we see him in a game against a top level defense, we won't know.".
You also said he took gigantic strides in the same post. If gigantic strides is him posting less then 200 yds passing against MTSU Alabama maybe in trouble when they play a real D1 team.

As the 2023 college football season approaches (under 3 weeks), I have a hard prediction.

The Alabama Crimson Tide will make the playoffs and win the National Championship. Shortly after winning his 8th Natty, Head Coach Nick Saban will retire.

The big question is who will replace him?

No way!!

There is definitely going to be a Tide vs. PrimeTime U next year!!!

Saban cannot retire until he faces Coach PRIME!!!!

You also said he took gigantic strides in the same post. If gigantic strides is him posting less then 200 yds passing against MTSU Alabama maybe in trouble when they play a real D1 team.

200 yards in a half. Plus, he is the only QB in Alabama history to score 3 TD passes and 2 TDs running.

200 yards in a half. Plus, he is the only QB in Alabama history to score 3 TD passes and 2 TDs running.
That's a neat trick. Only played a half but scored 2 TD's in the 3rd quarter... Did he not start? You want to delude yourself into thinking that 1/2 or 3 quarters of decent play against a terrible team means Milroe has become this great QB from what he has been since he's been in Alabama have at it. We will definitely get to see whether you are right or not given Alabama's schedule this year....

That's a neat trick. Only played a half but scored 2 TD's in the 3rd quarter... Did he not start? You want to delude yourself into thinking that 1/2 or 3 quarters of decent play against a terrible team means Milroe has become this great QB from what he has been since he's been in Alabama have at it. We will definitely get to see whether you are right or not given Alabama's schedule this year....

You seem fond of trying to put words in my mouth. No where in any of these posts did I say Milroe was a great QB. I said he showed improvement and that we would see when we play Texas.

You seem fond of trying to put words in my mouth. No where in any of these posts did I say Milroe was a great QB. I said he showed improvement and that we would see when we play Texas.
You said he took "great strides". Sorry but if that's 'great strides" then Alabama is in trouble this year.

You said he took "great strides". Sorry but if that's 'great strides" then Alabama is in trouble this year.

When he played last year, when Bryce Young was hurt, he turned the ball over twice and couldn't throw the long ball.

Whether he made "great strides" or not, we will be fine. Let's see how we handle Texas and then decide.

When he played last year, when Bryce Young was hurt, he turned the ball over twice and couldn't throw the long ball.

Whether he made "great strides" or not, we will be fine. Let's see how we handle Texas and then decide.
If you only had to handle UT you'd probably be fine, but it's Tenn, and LSU and Ole Miss and Texas AM. The likelihood of Alabama dropping at least 1 of those games is high especially without a top tier QB which you dont have. It's more likely that you drop 2. Milroe's limitations are going to hurt you. You dont have Young back there who can put on a cape and carry you.

If you only had to handle UT you'd probably be fine, but it's Tenn, and LSU and Ole Miss and Texas AM. The likelihood of Alabama dropping at least 1 of those games is high especially without a top tier QB which you dont have. It's more likely that you drop 2. Milroe's limitations are going to hurt you. You dont have Young back there who can put on a cape and carry you.

UT will show us more about out team. Yes, we have some loaded teams ahead of us. But we always have that. I think we will be fine.

You actually assess players when they play.

Assessing them before they play is rather difficult due to lack of data.

The Horns boast they return all OL starters. Their problem is that their OL isn't good at pass blocking... and their RB position has been downgraded since last year.

Whoever plays QB for the Tide, this is the first real game...

Sorry man but Alabama probably loses 2-3 this year. UT, LSU and Tenn. Unless Milroe is way better than he looked last year.
Alabama may be a better team but Georgia plays literally no one other than the Sisters of Charity all year long.

You actually assess players when they play.

Assessing them before they play is rather difficult due to lack of data.

The Horns boast they return all OL starters. Their problem is that their OL isn't good at pass blocking... and their RB position has been downgraded since last year.

Whoever plays QB for the Tide, this is the first real game...
Not really, not when the same teams wins year after year after year after mind numbing year.

Not really, not when the same teams wins year after year after year after mind numbing year.

did Clemson beat Duke???

PPT - Endoscopy PowerPoint Presentation, free download - ID:649948

Here's Why Chris Berman Calling An NFL Game Is A Terrible Idea (In Case ...

As the 2023 college football season approaches (under 3 weeks), I have a hard prediction.

The Alabama Crimson Tide will make the playoffs and win the National Championship. Shortly after winning his 8th Natty, Head Coach Nick Saban will retire.

The big question is who will replace him?
12 teams will make the playoffs
12 team followers will bitch because they didn't make the playoffs.
11 team followers will bitch about seeding

Beyond that, who really cares?

I wish they'd get rid of the playoffs and go back to rankings.
At least the bitching made sense.

Alabama may be a better team but Georgia plays literally no one other than the Sisters of Charity all year long.
Never said d Alabama wasn’t a government d team. Their QB is suspect which is why their schedule likely cause them problems

Georgia is pretty much assured the SEC East slot, unless the TN Volunteers manage to beat them in Nov.

12 teams will make the playoffs
12 team followers will bitch because they didn't make the playoffs.
11 team followers will bitch about seeding

Beyond that, who really cares?

I wish they'd get rid of the playoffs and go back to rankings.
At least the bitching made sense.

On Friday, the Board of Managers that oversees the CFP unanimously voted to expand the Playoff from four teams to 12. The larger field will begin with the 2026 season, though the College Football Management Committee will look into possibly moving up to the 12-team field for the 2024 or 2025 season.

Forum List

Back