College football prediction for 2023 season

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
As the 2023 college football season approaches (under 3 weeks), I have a hard prediction.

The Alabama Crimson Tide will make the playoffs and win the National Championship. Shortly after winning his 8th Natty, Head Coach Nick Saban will retire.

The big question is who will replace him?

I wouldn't mind bringing Kirby Smart back but it'd cost one hell of a lot of money AND the idea of replacing Saban could be pretty daunting for any coach.

I wouldn't mind bringing Kirby Smart back but it'd cost one hell of a lot of money AND the idea of replacing Saban could be pretty daunting for any coach.

I think Kirby is home. As much as I would love to see him back at Alabama, he isn't leaving Georgia.

I'd like to see Dabo Sweeney come home to Bama, but his last contract was a monster. He could do well back at Bama.

I think Steve Sarkisian would be a good fit. But I'd hate to get in a bidding war with Univ of Texas.

As the 2023 college football season approaches (under 3 weeks), I have a hard prediction.

The Alabama Crimson Tide will make the playoffs and win the National Championship. Shortly after winning his 8th Natty, Head Coach Nick Saban will retire.

Sorry man but Alabama probably loses 2-3 this year. UT, LSU and Tenn. Unless Milroe is way better than he looked last year.

Sorry man but Alabama probably loses 2-3 this year. UT, LSU and Tenn. Unless Milroe is way better than he looked last year.

I don't think so. First of all, the defense is looking VERY solid. Like Saban defenses of old.

And second of all, the O-line is strong and deep, which makes the running game even more of a threat.

I have heard that Milroe has improved dramatically. But we don't know who will be QB-1.

I don't think so. First of all, the defense is looking VERY solid. Like Saban defenses of old.

And second of all, the O-line is strong and deep, which makes the running game even more of a threat.

I have heard that Milroe has improved dramatically. But we don't know who will be QB-1.
Ok. We shall see, but if Milroe was the best option to fill in for BY last year stands to reason he was the best QB not named Bryce Young on the roster. Milroe and Young dont have similar skill sets so it's not like you were just getting a less talented less experience version of Young so you could run a similar offense. When Milroe was in there it was a run 1st, 2nd and 3rd option then maybe pass (which is the polar opposite to what Young brings to the table). Unless he's made gigantic, momentous strides I dont see Alabama winning a title.

He is getting up in years. I expect him to retire soon whether Bama wins the National Championship or not. He is already the GOAT among College Head Football Coaches.

New poll released:

ESPN's top 25 rankings have since updated.

Here's the full Top 25:
  1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. USC
  6. Notre Dame
  7. Michigan
  8. Clemson
  9. Florida State
  10. Texas
  11. Penn State
  12. Oregon
  13. Tennessee
  14. Ole Miss
  15. LSU
  16. Utah
  17. Washington
  18. Texas A&M
  19. UCF
  20. Miami
  21. UNC
  22. Auburn
  23. Wisconsin
  24. Oregon State
  25. Kansas State

Ok. We shall see, but if Milroe was the best option to fill in for BY last year stands to reason he was the best QB not named Bryce Young on the roster. Milroe and Young dont have similar skill sets so it's not like you were just getting a less talented less experience version of Young so you could run a similar offense. When Milroe was in there it was a run 1st, 2nd and 3rd option then maybe pass (which is the polar opposite to what Young brings to the table). Unless he's made gigantic, momentous strides I dont see Alabama winning a title.

I think it is safe to say that Milroe made gigantic strides. Of course, until we see him in a game against a top level defense, we won't know.

I think it is safe to say that Milroe made gigantic strides. Of course, until we see him in a game against a top level defense, we won't know.
Why? 13/18 for less than 200 vs MTSU is evidence he made huge strides? How about we wait until he plays a D1 defense before we crown him shall we? I mean come on.

New poll released:

ESPN's top 25 rankings have since updated.

Here's the full Top 25:
  1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. USC
  6. Notre Dame
  7. Michigan
  8. Clemson
  9. Florida State
  10. Texas
  11. Penn State
  12. Oregon
  13. Tennessee
  14. Ole Miss
  15. LSU
  16. Utah
  17. Washington
  18. Texas A&M
  19. UCF
  20. Miami
  21. UNC
  22. Auburn
  23. Wisconsin
  24. Oregon State
  25. Kansas State
This poll is a joke right? How is the repeating, defending national champ not 1? The creator of this poll must be related to Nick Saban.

Why? 13/18 for less than 200 vs MTSU is evidence he made huge strides? How about we wait until he plays a D1 defense before we crown him shall we? I mean come on.

I believe that is what I said. There are obvious improvements in his passing game.

Milroe played a solid game. His passing game has improved greatly since last year. And he is always a threat to pull it down and run. He was in on 5 TDs, even if it was against a lesser team. He threw for 3 and ran for 2 more (an Alabama record for one game).

Milroe played a solid game. His passing game has improved greatly since last year. And he is always a threat to pull it down and run. He was in on 5 TDs, even if it was against a lesser team. He threw for 3 and ran for 2 more (an Alabama record for one game).
Him playing well against a terrible team isnt really proof of anything. You play Texas next week. If he has those stars against Texas we can talk.

Forum List

Back