Nick Saban retires

I wonder if he and Alabama administration had any sort of succession plan in place? If not, then any big name coach currently unemployed will certainly look into that job. A high profile job that comes with equally high expectations.

Looks like the two greatest coaches in football history will retire in the same week

Nick Satan and Bill Belichick

A great recruiter. 24 of his players were first round NFL draft picks. The man knew talent and got the most out of it and then left on his own terms.

A great recruiter. 24 of his players were first round NFL draft picks. The man knew talent and got the most out of it and then left on his own terms.

I couldn’t believe how year after year he would lose high rated first round picks and come back the next year just as good

I think Saban is wise for retiring now at 72. I'm sure he is capable of coaching several more years; however, it's better to go out on Top (Top being still the best coach in the business) rather than going out because he is no longer capable due to age.

I wonder if he and Alabama administration had any sort of succession plan in place? If not, then any big name coach currently unemployed will certainly look into that job. A high profile job that comes with equally high expectations.
Nick's idea was for Sark to takeover. But when Texas offered that's one you don't turn down, and Sark is likely very happy there.

Forum List

Back