Civil Discourse

You know, each and everyday that I am alive is a good day, and each and everyday, that I have time to see my daughter grow into the person she has become is a blessing. Thank you ALL for the kind compliments, but you know, one of the things that I have found in life is that regardless of what you may believe as far as direction in which you want the nation to go , just to have the passion to want to be involved shows a great love for the nation that I so love. I have a great respect for anyone that chooses to express themselves and take part in thier nation, because it validates the very reasons I spent over 25 years defending it, even though I may not agree with some of you, friendship is not based on agreements its based on mutual respect and a desire for mutual accomplishment . One of these days I will try to talk my daughter into posting here again, she has a few times, then all of my Democrat friends will have I'm sad to say *laughs* a huge supporter on thier side and as she likes to say to me all the time, get with the 21st Century dad and my response to her is, well, can't know where your going till you know whre you have been.

The real trick is to remain civil to people who call you a fucktard or something similar.

Indeed. Those who rely on poor or foul language lack in critical thinking skills. Several demonstrate that here on daily basis.

name names! let's have your list!

Why? Everyone knows it is true. Tell you what. The next time you are losing a discussion and revert to such language in place of skilled rhetoric and pedagogy, I will remind you.

Indeed. Those who rely on poor or foul language lack in critical thinking skills. Several demonstrate that here on daily basis.

name names! let's have your list!

Why? Everyone knows it is true. Tell you what. The next time you are losing a discussion and revert to such language in place of skilled rhetoric and pedagogy, I will remind you.

You call people names all day long. So Jesus man throw out the first stone. whydonchya... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I think we rather enjoy calling you a fucktard.. with your faux outrage. And, we will be watching you jake starkerlarker to see if you call out your left buddies each and every single time they use foul language,, and I want you to be sure and tell them to their faces they lack critical thinking skills.. Think you can do that?

Last edited:
For the most part, I tend to stick to the topic at hand and usually resort to incivility when it is aimed at Me. The past 90 days have been rough for Me and I'm dealing with some personal issues so the control I usually exercise over My temper has not been stellar, to be sure.

I do have to wonder though at EZ's belief that people come here to change someones mind. I have not found these kinds of formats and those who frequent them to be here for anything other then to try and prove how much better they are then everyone else. There are exceptions of course, but for the most part, people come here to call each other names in a safe environment. They say things that they would not have the balls to say in a face to face situation.

In a lot of ways, the internet has been the major reason for the decline in civility in our nation. There is no immediate consequence for bad behavior. Even being banned is no real punishment as there are dozens of other forums in which to get attention.

Anyway. Those are My two coppers on the subject.

Last edited:
You know, each and everyday that I am alive is a good day, and each and everyday, that I have time to see my daughter grow into the person she has become is a blessing. Thank you ALL for the kind compliments, but you know, one of the things that I have found in life is that regardless of what you may believe as far as direction in which you want the nation to go , just to have the passion to want to be involved shows a great love for the nation that I so love. I have a great respect for anyone that chooses to express themselves and take part in thier nation, because it validates the very reasons I spent over 25 years defending it, even though I may not agree with some of you, friendship is not based on agreements its based on mutual respect and a desire for mutual accomplishment . One of these days I will try to talk my daughter into posting here again, she has a few times, then all of my Democrat friends will have I'm sad to say *laughs* a huge supporter on thier side and as she likes to say to me all the time, get with the 21st Century dad and my response to her is, well, can't know where your going till you know whre you have been.

Like I said to you in earlier, you are one classy person!

You poor man. I had no idea your daughter was a Democrat.

On another note, kudos to you for remaining civil. Not one person in this thread has been able to do so with you as the only exception. As I mentioned in another post, the tone is usually set from the top down. If the mods frequently stray from civil discourse, others will follow. That's no excuse for anyone to be uncivil (me included), of course, and again I'm not saying it's right or wrong. That's just how it is. I hate to admit it, but I do enjoy the smackdowns that come from the likes of Gunny, Del, Dude, EZ, etc. It's like watching a full-contact sport!

And one last thing, we have no idea what others are going through. That's no excuse for them being rude, but I try to keep that in mind.

Laughs, well from her point of view I have been trained with bad habits after years in the Navy. *lol* thus the reason why I am a Republican or so she say's. It was actually a joy to watch her as she voted for the first time this past November, and to see how excited she was as well as her friends. Just to see how excited and how much she was invloved in it made me so proud. I was however wrangled into taking a car load of first time voters to go vote, because I was made the designated driver, I somehow suspect it had more to do with Dad buying them all starbucks afterwards though. I enjoy it though, she is the light of my life and as I tell her constantly, even Ronald Reagan was a Democrat at one time, LOL

Laughs, well from her point of view I have been trained with bad habits after years in the Navy. *lol* thus the reason why I am a Republican or so she say's. It was actually a joy to watch her as she voted for the first time this past November, and to see how excited she was as well as her friends. Just to see how excited and how much she was invloved in it made me so proud. I was however wrangled into taking a car load of first time voters to go vote, because I was made the designated driver, I somehow suspect it had more to do with Dad buying them all starbucks afterwards though. I enjoy it though, she is the light of my life and as I tell her constantly, even Ronald Reagan was a Democrat at one time, LOL

I remember you posting about that! And how proud you were of her, and you taking her friends to Starbucks after lol!

I remember her posting here a few times, tell he we would love to have her come back!

I remember you posting about that! And how proud you were of her, and you taking her friends to Starbucks after lol!

I remember her posting here a few times, tell he we would love to have her come back!

I've told her Echo, perhaps it will help save on that itunes download bill, lol

Anyone who is polite gets the same in return. Not hard to understand, and it leads to actual discussion.

The real trick is to remain civil to people who call you a fucktard or something similar.

Whoa! Wait just a fucking minute! Back the Goddamn shit-truck up a ****-hair! Foul ass language can be titty-grabbing fun, if not down right cock useful.

I just don't think personal insults have any place on this board outside of Manifolds Sandbox. :tongue:

Forum List

Back