Christian support of Trump

I cannot see why Christians support ANY politicians.

Think about it....

How can a true Christian support the immoral, unethical Donald Trump.

I cannot believe anyone who considers themselves a Christian can in clear conscience support Trump. Trump is close to the antiChrist.

So a committed Christian should vote for the Democratic abortionists?
I am not saying who a committed Christian should vote for but I am saying I cannot say how a committed Christian can vote for Trump.

On a side note abortions were reduced to an all time low since Roe vs Wade under Obama. I think most people feel the fewer abortions the better. The question is whether abortions increase or decrease under policies touted by current anti-abortion advocates.
Hey, either you are for or against abortions, the presidents will tell you where they stand. Where do you stand? Christians for Democrats is a tough decision to make-God or government.
I am against the fewest abortions possible. Doing some of the things anti-abortionists propose will not reduce abortions, they will drive abortions into illegal, unsafe practioners. There may be more abortions because of decreasing family planning resources.
Plus anti-abortionists must provide more resources for the children born into poverty stricken families and mother'. Saving children does not stop when they are born.

I cannot believe anyone who considers themselves a Christian can in clear conscience support Trump. Trump is close to the antiChrist.

I am not saying who a committed Christian should vote for but I am saying I cannot say how a committed Christian can vote for Trump.

On a side note abortions were reduced to an all time low since Roe vs Wade under Obama. I think most people feel the fewer abortions the better. The question is whether abortions increase or decrease under policies touted by current anti-abortion advocates.
Hey, either you are for or against abortions, the presidents will tell you where they stand. Where do you stand? Christians for Democrats is a tough decision to make-God or government.
I am against the fewest abortions possible. Doing some of the things anti-abortionists propose will not reduce abortions, they will drive abortions into illegal, unsafe practioners. There may be more abortions because of decreasing family planning resources.
Plus anti-abortionists must provide more resources for the children born into poverty stricken families and mother'. Saving children does not stop when they are born.
Here is the problem-the anti-abortionists are not the ones who spread their legs and should not PAY anything.

You said Trump was close to being the anti-Christ.

You are just a fucking troll.

You are the anti-Christ

With the rise of the evangelicals, we have seen the decay of the Christian faith. At least there are people like Methodists, Episcopalians, Quakers, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Orthodox, and more, who are out there providing hope that this great religion can be saved.

ElmerMudd got you. Being the antiChrist is way worse than being a troll.

You are the anti-Christ

I'm a nice guy with a nice family and many nice friends who like me and spending time with me, in real life.

I am polite to people, unless they are very rude to me. I am here to discuss honestly, the serious issues of the day.

How much of that, can you honestly say?

With the rise of the evangelicals, we have seen the decay of the Christian faith. At least there are people like Methodists, Episcopalians, Quakers, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Orthodox, and more, who are out there providing hope that this great religion can be saved.

Discipleship is a weakness among evangelicals. They are great at evangelizing, but not so good at training the new converts. Yes. This forces the organizations to morph into something almost unrecognizable to the religion of antiquity. I think Christianity is safe for another 500 years. It is still fairly strong.

Discipleship is a weakness among evangelicals. They are great at evangelizing, but not so good at training the new converts. Yes. This forces the organizations to morph into something almost unrecognizable to the religion of antiquity. I think Christianity is safe for another 500 years. It is still fairly strong.
I believe Christians as a whole have forgotten God and pay lip service to God.

Not to worry though, there has always been a cycle of remembering and forgetting God.

When we become satisfied we become proud then we forget God’s ways. Then we suffer. But from that suffering, we remember God’s ways and rise again. Only to become satisfied and proud again. It’s the nature of man. It is literally the account of the OT.

Maybe in other countries. Evangelicals have completely abandoned the teachings of Jesus. If all they've got is "guns, god. and gays," what have they got? I've been a Christian, but I'm just hanging on by a thread. I told this to a Christian author who I greeted in a receiving line after a service many years ago, who basically said to look for that tiny kernal of truth.

Last edited:
look for that tiny kernal of truth.

What did you find?

I continue to find it. It has to do with a larger picture of the Supreme Being and its relationship with the human race. I'm so happy that I have left popes and preachers far behind. I have far expanded my horizons. I would never follow anyone who claims to be a "religious leader," a human just like myself.The territory is just too vast.

That would be nice, but we have to fund illegals because they come first.

On a side note abortions were reduced to an all time low since Roe vs Wade under Obama.

Oh, did Obama have something to do with that? Did he implore women not to murder their offspring?

I am saying I cannot say how a committed Christian can vote for Trump.

By that standard Christians wouldn't be able to vote for anyone as there is no human that is without sin. In any event, they voted for him to be an effective CEO of our nation, not to be their local pastor or to be Pope.

You are the anti-Christ

I'm a nice guy with a nice family and many nice friends who like me and spending time with me, in real life.

I am polite to people, unless they are very rude to me. I am here to discuss honestly, the serious issues of the day.

How much of that, can you honestly say?
I do not have to say it but it is true. Those who have to brag about positive qualities, do not have the qualities

I am saying I cannot say how a committed Christian can vote for Trump.

By that standard Christians wouldn't be able to vote for anyone as there is no human that is without sin. In any event, they voted for him to be an effective CEO of our nation, not to be their local pastor or to be Pope.
True everyone sins. But there are degrees of sinners and Trump is on the highest level of a sinning. I want the CEO of the company I work for be moral, not perfect. I want our president to be moral, not perfect. Trump is not moral.

That would be nice, but we have to fund illegals because they come first.
The anti-abortion advocates do not limit their antiabortion feelings to only US citizens. If they care for children, then they should care all children including the illegals at the border.

Forum List

Back