Christian support of Trump

No, what you perceived as "christian morality" is merely secular morality written into the mores of christianity...then called christian.

Youre putting the horse before the cart.

Further, evidence of this is that Mosaic Law is fucking BARBARIC, by today's standards...hence the fuzzy little "new" covenant.

Cute stuff like that doesnt pass the sniff test.

But "today's standards" are built on the standards of yesteryear, in which Western morality was defined by Christians, to a massive extent, with very little input from non-Christians.
Christians got their morality from Human beings in general. They're not some specialty group with a niche for being super tubularly inventive on the moral front.

The golden rule...rules against murder..theft...all of these things pre-dated christianity...and further, christianity ...as if by magic ...evolves away from things that society determines are barbaric.

Doesnt seem all that bright, if from a divine guy.

Yet, as our society evolves away from Christianity, we are becoming more barbaric and immoral.
is that what i said, no.

My post was in response to your statement, not claiming that you said it.

It was something I was saying.

My point stands.

You argue that secular morality is the basis of Christian morality.

I pointed out that as we evolve away from Christian morality, we are becoming more barbaric and immoral.

That would seem to undermine your point.
More barbaric?

Worldwide violence is at historic lows, per capita.

Also, christians used to condone slavery, as commanded by mosaic law. Rape. Pillage in war.

Yannow...until society evolved and then whoo0o0ooo0ps. kayyyyyy "new" covenant time!

Congrats on your dissonance!

How can a true Christian support the immoral, unethical Donald Trump.

I cannot believe anyone who considers themselves a Christian can in clear conscience support Trump. Trump is close to the antiChrist.

So a committed Christian should vote for the Democratic abortionists?

with all the fornication & adultery donny has comitted over the years, admittedly raw dogging when he did - are you gonna believe he never paid for his spawn to be snuffed?

But "today's standards" are built on the standards of yesteryear, in which Western morality was defined by Christians, to a massive extent, with very little input from non-Christians.
Christians got their morality from Human beings in general. They're not some specialty group with a niche for being super tubularly inventive on the moral front.

The golden rule...rules against murder..theft...all of these things pre-dated christianity...and further, christianity ...as if by magic ...evolves away from things that society determines are barbaric.

Yet, as our society evolves away from Christianity, we are becoming more barbaric and immoral.
is that what i said, no.

My point stands.

I pointed out that as we evolve away from Christian morality, we are becoming more barbaric and immoral.

More barbaric?

Also, christians used to condone slavery, as commanded by mosaic law. Rape. Pillage in war.

Yannow...until society evolved and then whoo0o0ooo0ps. kayyyyyy "new" covenant time!

"World wide violence"? I make a statement about our nation, and your respond with a global claim?

Then you go back centuries to slavery?

My point stands. As we are evolving away from Christianity our society is becoming more barbaric and immoral.

I cannot believe anyone who considers themselves a Christian can in clear conscience support Trump. Trump is close to the antiChrist.

I am not saying who a committed Christian should vote for but I am saying I cannot say how a committed Christian can vote for Trump.

On a side note abortions were reduced to an all time low since Roe vs Wade under Obama. I think most people feel the fewer abortions the better. The question is whether abortions increase or decrease under policies touted by current anti-abortion advocates.
Hey, either you are for or against abortions, the presidents will tell you where they stand. Where do you stand? Christians for Democrats is a tough decision to make-God or government.

<pfffft> nobody is 'for' abortion. either you are 'for' the choice to be made by the ones with the uterus' or you are not.

I am not saying who a committed Christian should vote for but I am saying I cannot say how a committed Christian can vote for Trump.

On a side note abortions were reduced to an all time low since Roe vs Wade under Obama. I think most people feel the fewer abortions the better. The question is whether abortions increase or decrease under policies touted by current anti-abortion advocates.
Hey, either you are for or against abortions, the presidents will tell you where they stand. Where do you stand? Christians for Democrats is a tough decision to make-God or government.

<pfffft> nobody is 'for' abortion. either you are 'for' the choice to be made by the ones with the uterus' or you are not.

Why should only the women have a voice when it comes to the law regarding abortions?

is that what i said, no.

My point stands.

More barbaric?

"World wide violence"? I make a statement about our nation, and your respond with a global claim?

My point stands. As we are evolving away from Christianity our society is becoming more barbaric and immoral.
Well, poindexter, our nations violence per capita is at historic lows, too. It peaked in like 1992. Have you been falling asleep watching mass shooting news and taking that as a whole, mr dissonance?

Your point is idiotic. Christianity is plagiarized, and all of the relevant morals that are still apparent TODAY..

PREDATED christianity.

Take a bow, you are gullible.

Trump is the hero

He exposed just how crooked the deep state have been

Trump the Hero !!

Now the majority of men knows the real enemy

Trump has saved the nation

still cray cray i see, sergi.............

I note a lack of diversity in your sig line. WHy the hate towards brown and yellow and white people?

uh - what?

Your little cra cra resist sig line. Why only black fists? Are you racists against non-blacks?

is that what i said, no.

My point stands.

More barbaric?

Well, poindexter, our nations violence per capita is at historic lows, too. It peaked in like 1992. Have you been falling asleep watching mass shooting news and taking that as a whole, mr dissonance?

Your point is idiotic. Christianity is plagiarized, and all of the relevant morals that are still apparent TODAY..

PREDATED christianity.

What milestone in secular morality happenedin the late 80s, or early 90s, that led to violence peaking and then dropping off after 1992?

Since you brought it up.

Golden rule...

predates christianity.

Laws against murder, theft...predate christianity

marriage, predates christianity

the concept of loving your neighbor

predates christianity

Slavery?

condoned in christianity

baby killing? rape? pillaging?

all condoned in christianity

as we move AWAY from christianity, violence per capita decreases

as we move AWAY from christianity, due to enlightened secular minds....mosaic law is <cough> written out of existence

Magic!!

is that what i said, no.

My point stands.

More barbaric?

PREDATED christianity.

What milestone in secular morality happenedin the late 80s, or early 90s, that led to violence peaking and then dropping off after 1992?

Since you brought it up.
Christians per capita has trended down since then, along with violent crime..

and you stated we are more barbaric as that happens.

You're just gullible.

My point stands.

More barbaric?

PREDATED christianity.

Since you brought it up.

You're just gullible.

Christians are still the vast majority in this country, running at three fourths of the nation.

Seems odds that dropping from what, 85% in 1990, to 75% today, would have much impact on murder rates.

THat would seem to require, if that was the cause, for that specific 10 percent to had been doing something, that the other 75% of the country that was Christian was NOT doing,

and they stopped doing it because they became NOT Christian.

Sounds kind of unlikely.

Why should only the women have a voice when it comes to the law regarding abortions?

when men conceive, then are forced to carry to term, & forced to give birth by someone other than your own conscience... then you get a voice.

More barbaric?

PREDATED christianity.

Since you brought it up.

You're just gullible.

Christians are still the vast majority in this country, running at three fourths of the nation.

Seems odds that dropping from what, 85% in 1990, to 75% today, would have much impact on murder rates.

THat would seem to require, if that was the cause, for that specific 10 percent to had been doing something, that the other 75% of the country that was Christian was NOT doing,

Sounds kind of unlikely.
The point was that YOU correlated the drop in christianity with increased barbarism you fuckin dunce.

Holy shit

People on this website are way too fucking retarded to spend time conversing with

Trump is the hero

He exposed just how crooked the deep state have been

Trump the Hero !!

Now the majority of men knows the real enemy

Trump has saved the nation

still cray cray i see, sergi.............

I note a lack of diversity in your sig line. WHy the hate towards brown and yellow and white people?

uh - what?

Your little cra cra resist sig line. Why only black fists? Are you racists against non-blacks?

lol... omg.

mail.gif

you can't be serious.

when men conceive, then are forced to carry to term, & forced to give birth by someone other than your own conscience... then you get a voice.

If there is a question about the morality of a law, or an act, then men have as much right to speak on it as women.

Only a sexist would deny that.

YOur justifications for your desired discrimination, show you to be a sexist.

How did true christians support the NAZIs in the 1930s-40s? Probably one reason why Europe is so jaded towards religion now.

If there is a question about the morality of a law, or an act, then men have as much right to speak on it as women.

Only a sexist would deny that.

YOur justifications for your desired discrimination, show you to be a sexist.

ovariesfu-t-shirt-black-midnight-swatch-400x400.jpg

PREDATED christianity.

Since you brought it up.

You're just gullible.

Sounds kind of unlikely.
The point was that YOU correlated the drop in christianity with increased barbarism you fuckin dunce.

Holy shit

Correct. Just look at our inability to not live in our own filth anymore. We have cities with a real problem with people shitting in the streets, and we have forgotten how to NOT do that.

It is amazing to me. I can remember when we knew how to avoid that.

Forum List

Back