Chick-fil-A restaurant in CA will pay employees $17 an hour

Chick fil A is an extremely well-run business.

Right near where I work, people line up their cars on to the street, threatening their lives and the lives of others, to get a chicken sandwich at Chick fil A.

Chick fil A is a corporate racketeer company that uses Jesus as their bait.

Sour grapes.

Why would I have 'sour grapes' when what I have been stating about fast food has been proven correct? They CAN afford to pay a living wage. Fact, every business can.
If You Don't Pay College Students, You Get What You Pay For

Preparation is the most important part of production. Every business can afford to recruit, sign up, and pay entering college students a salary plus tuition. This will get the best, instead of the spoiled brats and no-talent brownnoses who graduate under the unpaid system. It will pay for itself many times over. Jealous mediocrities oppose that because they know that all the talented will want to go to college, which will exclude them.
Are you baked?

Profit in fast food is huge, they don't have too.

It is for them. Not so much for the rest.

Chick Fil A buys their product from the same place every other fast food chain buys theirs, why would there be a difference?
Well now, I'm glad you asked. Chick Fil A charges higher prices than other fast food chains do. They can do that because they provide a higher quality product and eating experience. Thus, they are more profitable. I mean, how did you not know this?

Then why do Chick-fil-A and Canes have identical prices?

Why is that significant?

You stated that "Chick Fil A charges higher prices than other fast food chains do." I compared apples to apples and proved you wrong.

It is for them. Not so much for the rest.

Chick Fil A buys their product from the same place every other fast food chain buys theirs, why would there be a difference?
Well now, I'm glad you asked. Chick Fil A charges higher prices than other fast food chains do. They can do that because they provide a higher quality product and eating experience. Thus, they are more profitable. I mean, how did you not know this?

Why is that significant?

Because.....because......he owns a business and pays his employees very well.
He's worth millions and pays single digit taxes. Obviously.

All of us that make more money in one year than you will make in your lifetime pay single digit taxes. And you continue to vote for Republicans that let us do it. What did Freud say about insanity? (repetition compulsion)

Why is that significant?

All of us that make more money in one year than you will make in your lifetime pay single digit taxes. And you continue to vote for Republicans that let us do it. What did Freud say about insanity? (repetition compulsion)

All of us that make more money in one year than you will make in your lifetime pay single digit taxes.

You're so full of shit you could make millions on fertilizer sales alone.

Finally a company that believes in jesus finally caring about the people doing the work.

It's NOT the company, the company sucks, it's a franchisee. Now we know that fast food can pay a living wage.

We will only know that if they stay in business.

and by paying $17 an hour they will attract harder workers, and will probably fire anyone who doesn't perform and replace with others who can.

Your standard $8.00 an hour get along get along fast food employee won't last here.

It's the publicity numb nuts! The story has gone world wide. This guy has has received millions in advertising by spending peanuts comparable. He's also let the proverbial cat out of the bag. Fast food CAN pay a living wage.

Finally a company that believes in jesus finally caring about the people doing the work.

It's NOT the company, the company sucks, it's a franchisee. Now we know that fast food can pay a living wage.

and by paying $17 an hour they will attract harder workers, and will probably fire anyone who doesn't perform and replace with others who can.

Your standard $8.00 an hour get along get along fast food employee won't last here.

It's the publicity numb nuts! The story has gone world wide. This guy has has received millions in advertising by spending peanuts comparable. He's also let the proverbial cat out of the bag. Fast food CAN pay a living wage.

Sure, if you produce a superior product, charge higher prices, and demand better from your employees.

Why is that significant?

All of us that make more money in one year than you will make in your lifetime pay single digit taxes.

Yet you can't refute anything I post.

Also, the Bandini Family made billions.

That's net profit. Profit for fast food is anywhere between 30 to 40% same as a typical restaurant.

I really don't know what you are smoking... Don't bogart :420:… There is no way that a "typical" restaurant makes 30 to 40% unless that have licenses to sell and serve alcohol... A banner, bust-ass year for a "typical" restaurant is 15%, with celebrations all around...

That's what the industry wants you to believe to keep competition low for their members. They lie.

The industry also wants you to believe that restaurants can't pay a living wage. We now have proof they lie.

I was the Director of a profitable franchise. I've never seen a 30% profit, not in my center or any of the centers at the annual awards dinner.

Sure, if you produce a superior product, charge higher prices, and demand better from your employees.

You have to produce a superior product to charge higher prices? McDonalds has raised the price of a number one meal five times in the last five years and they have far from a superior product.

That's net profit. Profit for fast food is anywhere between 30 to 40% same as a typical restaurant.

I really don't know what you are smoking... Don't bogart :420:… There is no way that a "typical" restaurant makes 30 to 40% unless that have licenses to sell and serve alcohol... A banner, bust-ass year for a "typical" restaurant is 15%, with celebrations all around...

That's what the industry wants you to believe to keep competition low for their members. They lie.

The industry also wants you to believe that restaurants can't pay a living wage. We now have proof they lie.

I was the Director of a profitable franchise. I've never seen a 30% profit, not in my center or any of the centers at the annual awards dinner.

That's because you didn't successfully negotiate your franchise agreement.

Why is that significant?

I already refuted your lies about "Nevada Corporations", your lies about the Waltons owning the trucking portion of WalMart, your lies about the tax rates corporations pay, your lies about the taxes trusts pay.

I'm sure I could list more examples if I wanted to...…..

Why is that significant?

I already refuted your lies about "Nevada Corporations", your lies about the Waltons owning the trucking portion of WalMart, your lies about the tax rates corporations pay, your lies about the taxes trusts pay.

Why is Microsoft a Nevada Corporation?

Why is Walmart procurement, logistics, and transportation privately held LLC's?

It doesn't matter what tax rates are, it's what you pay. Almost every corporation in the US pays low single digit/revenue.

Family trusts funneled through a corporation pay the same as corporations.

It doesn't matter what tax rates are, it's what you pay. Almost every corporation in the US pays low single digit/revenue.

Tell me why?

Prove they are.

It doesn't matter what tax rates are, it's what you pay.

I agree.

Almost every corporation in the US pays low single digit/revenue.

We tax them on income, not on revenue.

Which used to be 35%.

Again, lets re-visit this a year from now and see if he's still above water.

Tell me why?

Prove they are.

I agree.

Which used to be 35%.

Already answered numerous time for you.

Back to the subject of the thread; We now know that fast food can pay a living wage.

Tell me why?

Prove they are.

I agree.

Which used to be 35%.

Already answered numerous time for you.

Back to the subject of the thread; We now know that fast food can pay a living wage.

No you don't. what we know is one guy is going to try to run a Chic-fil-a paying people $17 dollars an hour.

Give it a year or two to see if it works or not, and this is a specific case, and can't really be applied to other chains automatically.

How are we going to know? It's a private company.

The better question; Why would a business person put him/herself in financial failure? Paying $17.00/hr isn't financial failure because profits are huge.

How are we going to know? It's a private company.

The better question; Why would a business person put him/herself in financial failure? Paying $17.00/hr isn't financial failure because profits are huge.

We will know when they are still paying that and are still in business.

Plenty of business owners run some that fail, usually it's a vanity project they have on the side. Some sports teams run at a loss for decades, but the owner can afford it because they make their money somewhere else.

Again, this doesn't prove anything. this shows one guy paying above average wages at one location, for one franchise.

Your extrapolation of this to anything else is currently unfounded.

Forum List

Back