Chick-fil-A restaurant in CA will pay employees $17 an hour

Chick fil A is an extremely well-run business.

Right near where I work, people line up their cars on to the street, threatening their lives and the lives of others, to get a chicken sandwich at Chick fil A.

Chick fil A is a corporate racketeer company that uses Jesus as their bait.

Sour grapes.

Why would I have 'sour grapes' when what I have been stating about fast food has been proven correct? They CAN afford to pay a living wage. Fact, every business can.

Chick fil A is a corporate racketeer company that uses Jesus as their bait.

Where do you see any evidence of Jesus, or Christianity in any of their restaurants? You do know that their restaurants are individually owned, and operated, right?

What day are they closed EVERY WEEK?

"The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us."

And they're doing a good job at it.

Corporate ISN'T responsible for paying a living wage, one of their franchisee's did.

My question to corporate; What would Jesus do?

What is a living wage? Who decides that? Why should companies be responsible for providing whatever that is for manual labor? These jobs are intended to support families.

Wages should be totally market based. Totally! If not then government should also set the price of a hamburger.

What is a living wage? Who decides that? Why should companies be responsible for providing whatever that is for manual labor? These jobs are intended to support families.

Wages should be totally market based. Totally! If not then government should also set the price of a hamburger.
For that to happen, the part of the population we call workers have to participate in the decision. Perhaps that sounds like unions, but it is only a market reality.

Margins are very, very small for the franchisee. I have no problem with a franchisee voluntarily raising wages, but government mandating it will kill jobs, and businesses.

Margins are very, very small for the franchisee. I have no problem with a franchisee voluntarily raising wages, but government mandating it will kill jobs, and businesses.

You're going to invest millions in a franchise for small margins?

They can afford to come charge higher prices because they put out a quality product.

Profit in fast food is huge, they don't have too.

It is for them. Not so much for the rest.

Chick Fil A buys their product from the same place every other fast food chain buys theirs, why would there be a difference?

They can afford to come charge higher prices because they put out a quality product.

Horse shit. Profit is not "huge". A McD's franchise owner would be thrilled to manage 6%. (4-5% is typical.)

That's net profit. Profit for fast food is anywhere between 30 to 40% same as a typical restaurant.

Horse shit. Profit is not "huge". A McD's franchise owner would be thrilled to manage 6%. (4-5% is typical.)

That's net profit. Profit for fast food is anywhere between 30 to 40% same as a typical restaurant.
Net profit is what counts when it comes to keeping the restaurant open and growing, hiring and paying more employees, etc. Basically, you don't have a compelling argument.

Forum List

Back