Chick-fil-A restaurant in CA will pay employees $17 an hour

They can afford to come charge higher prices because they put out a quality product.

Profit in fast food is huge, they don't have too.

It is for them. Not so much for the rest.

Chick Fil A buys their product from the same place every other fast food chain buys theirs, why would there be a difference?
Well now, I'm glad you asked. Chick Fil A charges higher prices than other fast food chains do. They can do that because they provide a higher quality product and eating experience. Thus, they are more profitable. I mean, how did you not know this?

They can afford to come charge higher prices because they put out a quality product.

Horse shit. Profit is not "huge". A McD's franchise owner would be thrilled to manage 6%. (4-5% is typical.)

That's net profit. Profit for fast food is anywhere between 30 to 40% same as a typical restaurant.
Net profit is what counts when it comes to keeping the restaurant open and growing, hiring and paying more employees, etc. Basically, you don't have a compelling argument.

My compelling argument is that the fast food industry has lied and a franchisee from Chick-fil-A has called them on it. Good for him!

Net profit is typically only looked at when you're a publicly traded company and you're paying your investors or stockholders based on net profit.

Chick Fil A buys their product from the same place every other fast food chain buys theirs, why would there be a difference?
Well now, I'm glad you asked. Chick Fil A charges higher prices than other fast food chains do. They can do that because they provide a higher quality product and eating experience. Thus, they are more profitable. I mean, how did you not know this?

Then why do Chick-fil-A and Canes have identical prices?

Chick-fil-A restaurant in CA will pay employees $17 an hour

And the government didn't tell them to? Wow, what do you know.....

Now we know the industry was lying when they said they couldn't afford to pay a living wage.
The industry as a whole does not generate that kind of profit. They can't afford much higher wages.

That's what the industry wants you to believe. I've Angel invested in numerous restaurants and I know the profits.

That's net profit. Profit for fast food is anywhere between 30 to 40% same as a typical restaurant.

I really don't know what you are smoking... Don't bogart :420:… There is no way that a "typical" restaurant makes 30 to 40% unless that have licenses to sell and serve alcohol... A banner, bust-ass year for a "typical" restaurant is 15%, with celebrations all around...

Um... we're talking about California, where they are already paid $13.50 an hour when the minimum wage is $11.

The Average Price of a Burger Across American Cities

In the ranking of most expensive cities to buy a burger, CA has 3 of the top 5 most expensive. It's a known fact that stores which are able to sell their products and services at a higher cost, are able to pay their employees a higher wage.

If you found a similar Chic-Fil-A in Columbus Ohio paying $17/hour, then you might have a point.

Further, it's interesting that he says $17, when the minimum wage is supposed to be $15/hour by 2022.

So it's $13.50 now, when the minimum wage is $11. And he's saying $17, when it will be $15.

In other words, he's going to stay just in front of the minimum wage.

Shocking.

In other words, he's going to be following the market.

Listen... only a fool would assume that the economic system that allows one store to pay employees $17/hour, means that all stores can. You keep saying you are a business owners, but you have show absolutely no business sense whatsoever, from the first time we started talking years ago, to this day.

I would like you to tell me what "business" it is that you run, and point to proof. Give me a link, or something. Because right now, you never sound like you know anything about business.

Horse shit. Profit is not "huge". A McD's franchise owner would be thrilled to manage 6%. (4-5% is typical.)

I've seen average profit margin across all stores, as between 2-5%.

The profit margin is not 30% or 40%. You are absolutely insane.

Profit in fast food is huge

Prove it.

Read the thread title and my link.

I'd prefer you prove your claim.

Net profit is what counts when it comes to keeping the restaurant open and growing, hiring and paying more employees, etc. Basically, you don't have a compelling argument.

My compelling argument is that the fast food industry has lied and a franchisee from Chick-fil-A has called them on it. Good for him!

Net profit is typically only looked at when you're a publicly traded company and you're paying your investors or stockholders based on net profit.

My compelling argument is that the fast food industry has lied

Prove it.

If a franchise owner is paid based on net profit, net profit is what counts.

Why is that significant?

He has five dollar words from his five cent mind...as usual.

Why is that significant?

Because.....because......he owns a business and pays his employees very well.
He's worth millions and pays single digit taxes. Obviously.

Finally a company that believes in jesus finally caring about the people doing the work.

It's NOT the company, the company sucks, it's a franchisee. Now we know that fast food can pay a living wage.

We will only know that if they stay in business.

and by paying $17 an hour they will attract harder workers, and will probably fire anyone who doesn't perform and replace with others who can.

Your standard $8.00 an hour get along get along fast food employee won't last here.

Chick fil A is an extremely well-run business.

Right near where I work, people line up their cars on to the street, threatening their lives and the lives of others, to get a chicken sandwich at Chick fil A.

Chick fil A is a corporate racketeer company that uses Jesus as their bait.

Sour grapes.

Why would I have 'sour grapes' when what I have been stating about fast food has been proven correct? They CAN afford to pay a living wage. Fact, every business can.
If You Don't Pay College Students, You Get What You Pay For

Preparation is the most important part of production. Every business can afford to recruit, sign up, and pay entering college students a salary plus tuition. This will get the best, instead of the spoiled brats and no-talent brownnoses who graduate under the unpaid system. It will pay for itself many times over. Jealous mediocrities oppose that because they know that all the talented will want to go to college, which will exclude them.

I really don't know what you are smoking... Don't bogart :420:… There is no way that a "typical" restaurant makes 30 to 40% unless that have licenses to sell and serve alcohol... A banner, bust-ass year for a "typical" restaurant is 15%, with celebrations all around...

That's what the industry wants you to believe to keep competition low for their members. They lie.

The industry also wants you to believe that restaurants can't pay a living wage. We now have proof they lie.

That's what the industry wants you to believe to keep competition low for their members. They lie.

The industry also wants you to believe that restaurants can't pay a living wage. We now have proof they lie.

One store?

No, we have proof one chain, that demands quality from their employees and charged higher prices than many other chains, can pay higher wages. Many can't.

No, we have proof one chain, that demands quality from their employees and charged higher prices than many other chains, can pay higher wages. Many can't.

Don't know about the north but they are not that expensive, they have volume out the ying yang ..

Forum List

Back