Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day August 1

the wrong people?

again... why should anyone do business with homophobes or racits.

if he said he didn't want to do business with christians, you'd be pulling out your boycott signs...

so who are you kidding?

If someone doesn't want to do business with a "homophobe" or a "racist", then that business will fail. Good, that would be fun to watch. That's the way it works, if actually given a chance by the PC police.

Since I'm an agnostic, the religious aspect is irrelevant. I don't own any boycott signs.

Not trying to kid anyone.

Anything else?

yes, your response isn't making sense in the context of what you posted before. you seem to think that this homophobe is worth supporting. i was responding.

I don't like the guy. I don't understand his religion, and I don't like his stance on gays. But freedom of expression is a higher priority for me.

Mac does not support the position that Chic-Fil-A's CEO has voiced regarding gay marriage.

Mac pretends that anyone who opposes said position AND does something about it (like decides not to eat there and tells others ) is being "PC".

So, Mac will give the chain his business as a means of showing how he is a man of principle.

Makes perfect sense.

Mac does not support the position that Chic-Fil-A's CEO has voiced regarding gay marriage.

Mac pretends that anyone who opposes said position AND does something about it (like decides not to eat there and tells others ) is being "PC".

So, Mac will give the chain his business as a means of showing how he is a man of principle.

Makes perfect sense.

Thanks.

Again, and as you know, freedom of expression is a very high priority for me. So I believe whackos should be allowed to be that way, even if I disagree with what they're saying. This isn't as complicated as you're pretending it is. Principle just isn't that tough, really.

I know you understand this, you just don't like it.

And you can address me directly, you won't melt.

I wouldn't eat there because the food doesn't look very healthy.

The owners repulsive, bigoted and ignorant views are just icing on the cake.

So if all the hateful people eat their and their arteries clog, could this be a good thing?

How many bigots need to buy chicken sandwiches next Wednesday for you nutters to claim success?

"Freedom of Speech" and stating one's opinion is slowly evaporating because of lefties like you. You people are scary.

Yes, you are stating your opinion by purchasing a chicken sandwich. Really, all you are doing is making chick fillet richer, and yourself less healthy.

the object of a boycott is to not consume and punish the business. giving it money doesn't mean anything because eating chicken has nothing to do with homosexuality. If you really wanted to support an opponent of gay marriage you should donate directly instead of having a fraction of a cent go to the charity.

The ceo of chik fil A is not an opponent of gay marriage. all he said is he believe marriage should be between a man and a woman, now unless he goes out and trys to stop you from marrying you so then you got no beef with him. We should all be allowed to voice our opinions.

I wouldn't eat there because the food doesn't look very healthy.

The owners repulsive, bigoted and ignorant views are just icing on the cake.

So if all the hateful people eat their and their arteries clog, could this be a good thing?

we don't give a shit if you don't eat their.

All in favor of Chick-Fil-A need to support them by not just eating chicken but by following the words of the book they follow. TIC below are few additional biblical injunctions. Mike will announce them soon.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit." Chick-Fil-A

Interesting, let's see if we can follow this Holy Book on family relations and whatnot?

Great way to get rid of lots of congressmen and others.
"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

How old does this have to be enforced at? Lots of children smack out when little? Any age limit in that book on the family? My granddaughter whacked me at 14 months, do grandpas count?
"Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Jeez, this sure would control the population, and solve lots of court cases, my brother and partner of twenty five years may complain though.
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Thank goodness only priest's daughter get the hot seat.
"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Suppose it was you who broke this sacred thing, should you both be stoned. Is it OK if you marry the un-virgin or does that not count? Hard questions here, ask Mike.
"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

These Bible folks sound a bit like Union organizers? No work on Sunday, huh. Sound like communists to me. Imagine the stampede at Walmart after they announce the slaying out in the parking lot!
"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'" (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Is this retroactively possible? I mean suppose you find out after the sons have flew the coup? We need to keep track of everyone. Looks like we'll need an ID card with parental information included.
"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

All around good advice, why fight over your inheritance, get rid of them before the arguments begin?
"Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

I'm sure there are lots more sensible injunctions in the good book, let's find them all so Mike can tell us more.

Last edited:

Makes perfect sense.

Thanks.

Again, and as you know, freedom of expression is a very high priority for me. So I believe whackos should be allowed to be that way, even if I disagree with what they're saying. This isn't as complicated as you're pretending it is. Principle just isn't that tough, really.

I know you understand this, you just don't like it.

And you can address me directly, you won't melt.

again... everyone has the right to be as stupid as they want to be. when you own a company and spout ignorance, the repercussions are that thinking people say "i don't want to do business with that person".

there's no restraint on speech. but there IS a natural response to dumbasses.

pity, too... as fast food goes, it wasn't a bad product.

It's all about expressing your opinion which some people think is not allowed anymore.

Mike Huckabee Calls for Chick-Fil-A Day - ABC News

no...it's not... it's about not supporting homophobic nutbars.

except that they are not homophobic nutbars asshole, they're simply Christians and the Christian doctrine teaches that marriage is between a man and a woman. what does the Jewish doctrine teach? How in the fuck did you get to be so damn dumb?

Forum List

Back