democrats war on Christianity continues. NY legislators want to force Chick-fil-a to be open Sundays

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York lawmakers have introduced a bill that would require restaurants in state highway system rest areas to operate seven days a week, a measure apparently aimed at interfering with a policy at the fast food chain Chick-fil-A of staying closed on Sundays.

The bill, introduced last week, is yet another salvo in a yearslong political battle involving the company, whose late founder Truett Cathy infused its business practices with his conservative Christian values.

This is just one of many instances where the DNC and President Potato head and his FBI assault on Catholics is persecuting Christians.

There is really no other explanation for forcing them to remain open on Sunday other than outright religious persecution.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York lawmakers have introduced a bill that would require restaurants in state highway system rest areas to operate seven days a week, a measure apparently aimed at interfering with a policy at the fast food chain Chick-fil-A of staying closed on Sundays.

The bill, introduced last week, is yet another salvo in a yearslong political battle involving the company, whose late founder Truett Cathy infused its business practices with his conservative Christian values.

This is just one of many instances where the DNC and President Potato head and his FBI assault on Catholics is persecuting Christians.

There is really no other explanation for forcing them to remain open on Sunday other than outright religious persecution.
Meh. Those restaurants are contracted and located on state land. Chic Fil A will just have to close them down and open them on private land. State contracts on government property control all kinds of businesses.

Again, there is no reason to keep them open other than religious persecution

Try again.
I don't think so. Those businesses are in rest stops on public property as a convenience to the driving public. I think they should be required to be open 24 hours a day/7 days a week otherwise they can operate on private property and do whatever they want.

If the chain is new to the system then it seems reasonable.

If the chain has been part of the system for a long time and this is just now getting underway, then it's harrassment.

If the original agreement or understanding between the two parties was silent on this matter then the status quo controls.

I honestly don't know what Chik-Fil-A's end game was to accept a con-tract to work the thruway rest stops. When I was in college, I worked at one of those rest stop restaurants....busy 24/7 with all the people coming and going.

If the chain is new to the system then it seems reasonable.

If the chain has been part of the system for a long time and this is just now getting underway, then it's harrassment.

If the original agreement or understanding between the two parties was silent on this matter then the status quo controls.
Until contract renewal time. If it wasn't in the original contract, it can be modified for the next. Bottom line, it is a convenience for travelers. If they aren't open, where is the convenience that justifies the right to do business on public land. Much ado about nothing.

Until contract renewal time. If it wasn't in the original contract, it can be modified for the next. Bottom line, it is a convenience for travelers. If they aren't open, where is the convenience that justifies the right to do business on public land.
Yep.
Much ado about nothing.
Hmmmmm... to you, perhaps. Possibly to me, as well. But to those who wish to "keep the Lord's day" or "Sabbath" properly?

But I will grant you that each company needs to evaluate if operating conditions align with their ownership/corporate values.

But to those who wish to "keep the Lord's day" or "Sabbath" properly?
I am not disagreeing with CFA's position for closing on Sunday, that is their choice. However they entered into a contract to provide service of convenience on public land. The NY law does not attempt to limit their rights on privately owned land, they are, rightfully, demanding that they provide the service for the public's convenience on public lands.

Fuck ‘em.

If they don’t want to be open on Sunday, then they don’t get a spot at the rest area.

Simple enough.
Except...that's not in the contract.
I don't think so. Those businesses are in rest stops on public property as a convenience to the driving public. I think they should be required to be open 24 hours a day/7 days a week otherwise they can operate on private property and do whatever they want.
Most service Plaza restaurants are not open 24 hours. Some are closed 12 hours a day.

You’re all a bunch of fragile snowflakes

Chick Fil A’s at state owned truck stops constitutes a tiny percentage of their franchises.

Their contract is up, and the state recently decided that all restaurants they lease to at rest stops need to be open 7 days a week

What’s the big fucking deal?

Did you read the article?

Lease agreements are for a limited amount of time, and the landlord (in this case the state) is 100% within their rights to change the terms when a new lease is drawn up

Are you all really this ignorant?

Have you read the contract? I have not and I'm not claiming I have. My point is the business is on public land to provide a specific service. It appears that the contract is up for renewal and NY is requiring them to be open on Sunday. If they don't want to meet the terms of the new contract, they are certainly welcome to open another store on property that they own. It is business--nothing nefarious about it. That is how it works--even Trump would agree.

Forum List

Back