Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day August 1

Hi.

I'm a new member to this forum and this is my first post here. I clicked on "Active Topics" and decided to weigh in on this one. I've been hearing a lot about the Chik-Fil-A drama on the news for a while now. To be honest I don't know why so many people take issue with others expressing their opinions nowadays.

I truly don't care what the CEO of the company's personal beliefs are. They are his and he is entitled to have and share them. America is a free country, right? We should all be allowed to say what we feel and express what we believe in. There will be a ton of differeing opinions but as long as we can freely express them, that's what matters most.

I take no issue with the CEO's stance on marriage. I have never heard of Chik-Fil-A before the controversy hit the news though, and I've never (obviously) eaten at one. The only reason I never will is because I'm a vegan and don't eat meat, chicken, or any other animal products. But if I did eat meat, I'd have no problem eating there if I liked the food just because a traditional man shared his opinions. :)

Welcome and well put!

Unfortunately, there are many people who want to find a way to stop others from expressing their opinions, or to intimidate them into keeping their mouths shut. This kind of narcissistic paranoia definitely makes it a little tougher for those of us who really believe in freedom of expression, y'know?

I think they should have chick fill a appreciation days on sundays so people can enjoy theier idea that you shouldn't eat on sundays.

I never was botherede with chick fil a not because they were christian, or disliked gays, but because i am human and I don't really think there is any reason to starve on a sunday. If god is going to damn me to hell for eating chicken on a sunday, or ham and bacon for that matter, then he should not have made me hungry. When other businesses are expanding their hours to get customers, this company is restricting its hours and sending people to the competition. Not a good idea when you are serving some pretty bland and common fast food that so many other places make.

Welcome and well put!

Unfortunately, there are many people who want to find a way to stop others from expressing their opinions, or to intimidate them into keeping their mouths shut. This kind of narcissistic paranoia definitely makes it a little tougher for those of us who really believe in freedom of expression, y'know?

Thanks for the welcome :) And I definitely agree. I don't care if someone doesn't agree with me about something, but it seems like politics are "hot buttons" for many people. It can get them riled up. I don't feel that way about most politics. I realize there are different sides and if I think one is silly or foolish, that's fine. Same if they think my views are silly and foolish. As long as people can be polite to eachother about agreeing to disagree, I have no problem.

And.........that is entirely up to you, Vegan. If you do not object to what the CEO said, nobody is going to penalize you for it.

Now, there seems to be a great deal of confusion ( some apparently intentional) regarding the issue of preventing free expression. The idiot Mayor of Boston voiced his intention to prevent Chic-Fil-A from doing business there due to the bigoted remarks of the CEO.

Americans who value justice and equal treatment for all citizens simply expressed our objection to what the man said. Some by boycotting the chain, some by typing away on message boards.

What the mayor said he wants to do and what freedom loving Americans did and are doing, ARE NOT IN ANY WAY COMPARABLE.

What youbarevdoing here is trying to saddle those who have simply expressed their opinion with a charge of not respecting freedom of expression. Why are you doing this? I suppose it is because you are someone who opposes same sex marriage and you think your stance is righteous.......righteous enough to give you license to try and shame or guilt others from simply speaking their minds.

I wonder if you really value freedom of expression. Can you think of any instances where you would want legal action to be taken to prevent others from expressing themselves?

Forum List

Back