Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day August 1

You mean that whacky racist, misogynistic, homophobic secretive cult started by a con-man who got caught having sex with his 15 year old maid?

That whacky cult.

The ironic thing is, all the funditards who call Mormons cultists and how they are all going to hell will stilll get behind Romney because they hate the black guy more.

Gotta have your priorities, "Christians".

Well your hate for religious people is consistent. It is why you see "hate" everywhere, in everything you disagree with.

You're eat up with it son.

Nope. Not at all.

I just see the religious for the dangerous idiots they are.

Oh so you don't hate the people just don't agree with their beliefs ?

Well your hate for religious people is consistent. It is why you see "hate" everywhere, in everything you disagree with.

You're eat up with it son.

Nope. Not at all.

What I hate are the ones who try to impose their beliefs on the rest of us... the Mormons being one of the worst offenders. The Funditards aren't far behind.

If you keep your ignorance and stupidity in your churches and homes, I wouldn't have an issue with you. You try to preach to me, I will mock you merciliessly...

because that's how I roll.

yokie dokie, chief... nice deflect.

and pssssst... i try not to buy things made in china and for a lot of reasons having nothing to do with gays....

just saying.

ultimately, why would i want to do business with someone who doesn't want to do business with my gay friends?

That is not what he said, and you know it. You even posted his exact quote in Joe's thread.

actually it is what he said.... you can try spinning it if you'd like.

Really?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/236537-crewing-pooches-2.html#post5687496

Chick-fil-A CEO Says US Inviting God's Judgment

Your quote and the link you put in there.
Show me where it says what you claim.

Gay marriage isn't a huge issue with me, but I'm supporting Chik-Fil-A's right to have an opinion without being being forced out of town.
Let the marketplace decide. If you disagree with the CEO's opinions, then don't eat at his restaurants.
Pretty simple. The Boston mayor's threat should be more frightening than the CEO's opinions.
Talk about tyranny.

What I hate are the ones who try to impose their beliefs on the rest of us... the Mormons being one of the worst offenders.

Got an example of Mormon's imposing their beliefs on you ?

This ought to be good.

How about Prop 8?

You know, where a state which has apopulation that was only 2% Mormon, but LDS contributions made up 70% of the Pro-8 campaign.

Now, nope, doesn't effect me personally, but I find it the kind of overreach that I don't like seeing churches make. At the very least, they should lose their tax exempt status.

Nope. Not at all.

What I hate are the ones who try to impose their beliefs on the rest of us... the Mormons being one of the worst offenders. The Funditards aren't far behind.

If you keep your ignorance and stupidity in your churches and homes, I wouldn't have an issue with you. You try to preach to me, I will mock you merciliessly...

because that's how I roll.

Yeah, and the mayor of Boston is trying to force his beliefs on you too by not allowing you the choice of eating at Chik-Fil-A.

Gay marriage isn't a huge issue with me, but I'm supporting Chik-Fil-A's right to have an opinion without being being forced out of town.
Let the marketplace decide. If you disagree with the CEO's opinions, then don't eat at his restaurants.
Pretty simple. The Boston mayor's threat should be more frightening than the CEO's opinions.
Talk about tyranny.

I think the Boston mayor has overstepped his bounds.

But given the right demanded that Islamic Cultural Center in NYC not be allowed to put a Mosque on their own property, they have little room to complain here.

What I hate are the ones who try to impose their beliefs on the rest of us... the Mormons being one of the worst offenders.

This ought to be good.

Other than a couple times Mormon's have come to my door, I wouldn't even know where they are. You wont see them rasing hell in the streets like Occubaggers.

Thanks.

Again, and as you know, freedom of expression is a very high priority for me. So I believe whackos should be allowed to be that way, even if I disagree with what they're saying. This isn't as complicated as you're pretending it is. Principle just isn't that tough, really.

I know you understand this, you just don't like it.

And you can address me directly, you won't melt.

I haven't seen one instance where a member of this forum said that the CEO should not be able to say what he said. That is a figment of your imagination fueled by a hypersensitivity to things "PC".

Oh no, now we move to the straw man portion of the conversation. Yuck. I suppose it was inevitable, considering.

Okay, I'll play your little game now.

Show me where I said that someone else said that "the CEO should not be able to say what he said". I challenge you! I challenge you! AAUUGHH!

Looking forward to it.

If you're just going to play these games, could we just not communicate? Seriously?

What, exactly, are you objecting to then. What prompted you to exclaim how you love freedom of expression? You just felt like saying it?

This ought to be good.

Other than a couple times Mormon's have come to my door, I wouldn't even know where they are. You wont see them rasing hell in the streets like Occubaggers.

If you aren't as upset as the OWS are, you aren't paying attention.

The funny thing is the TEA and OWS movement are really made about the same thing, the cozy relationship between government and the corporations. They just see different sides to the same mess that has screwed us all over.

And probably the same frustration that we can't do much about it, no matter who wins elections.

This ought to be good.

How about Prop 8?

You know, where a state which has apopulation that was only 2% Mormon, but LDS contributions made up 70% of the Pro-8 campaign.

Now, nope, doesn't effect me personally, but I find it the kind of overreach that I don't like seeing churches make. At the very least, they should lose their tax exempt status.

Results for: California, donors supporting - Proposition 8 Campaign Contributions - Los Angeles Times

Yeah, how about Prop 8? How can you tell from this donor list what religion people were?
You can't.
People donated not the church.

I cannot believe the hysteria!

I haven't seen one instance where a member of this forum said that the CEO should not be able to say what he said. That is a figment of your imagination fueled by a hypersensitivity to things "PC".

Oh no, now we move to the straw man portion of the conversation. Yuck. I suppose it was inevitable, considering.

Okay, I'll play your little game now.

Show me where I said that someone else said that "the CEO should not be able to say what he said". I challenge you! I challenge you! AAUUGHH!

Looking forward to it.

If you're just going to play these games, could we just not communicate? Seriously?

What, exactly, are you objecting to then. What prompted you to exclaim how you love freedom of expression? You just felt like saying it?

Bingo.

Unfortunately, that's not enough for them.

Who is "them"?

First, I'll assume you couldn't find an example of your accusation. I wasn't expecting an apology.

Next...

Good grief, for the hundredth fucking time. I don't know why this is just so tough. Here we go:

• I believe that freedom of expression is our most important right. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • The biggest value of freedom of expression is that it points out the crazies, loud and clear. I want to know who they are, where they are, what they're thinking, and who agrees with them. Let them talk. Even if -- horror of horrors -- they dare to disagree with me. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • Even though I disagree with this religious goofball on both religion and gays, a higher priority for me is his right to say what he thinks. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • I believe that if people are intimidated from saying what they think, our culture and freedom are diminished. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • It is my opinion that the obvious way to both deal with this nut and respect his freedom of expression is to protest or boycott or whatever the hell makes you feel better. Stopping him from even opening his fucking doors is over the line, because there are people who agree with him, or like his fucking chicken, or whatever. I think the market should decide, not a bunch of people who want to intimidate the speech of others. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • "Them" refers to the PC Police, those who use PC as a weapon to ignore freedom of expression to push their agenda via intimidation. Political Correctness = Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to put your target on the defensive and thereby control the conversation. The connection between PC and freedom of expression is abundantly, vividly, screamingly clear to me. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.

God damn, I'm drowning in tedious.

I'm going to the office now.

Last edited:

This ought to be good.

How about Prop 8?

Results for: California, donors supporting - Proposition 8 Campaign Contributions - Los Angeles Times

Yeah, how about Prop 8? How can you tell from this donor list what religion people were?
You can't.

Well, all those Utah addresses were probably a giveaway.

And then you have this.

Mormon church reports spending $180,000 on Proposition 8 - latimes.com

Top officials with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints filed reports today indicating that they donated more than $180,000 in in-kind contributions to Proposition 8, the November ballot initiative that banned same-sex marriage in California.

The contributions included tens of thousands of dollars for expenses such as airline tickets, hotel and restaurant bills and car-rental bills for top church officials such as L. Whitney Clayton, along with $96,849.31 worth of “compensated staff time” for church employees.

The church said the expenditures took place between July 1 and the end of the year. The church’s involvement has been a major issue in the campaign and its aftermath. Individual Mormon families donated millions -- by some estimates more than $20 million -- of their own money to the campaign.

The ironic thing is that Prop 8 was so poorly constructed that it was struck down by the courts, so they really wasted all that money for nothing.

If someone doesn't want to do business with a "homophobe" or a "racist", then that business will fail. Good, that would be fun to watch. That's the way it works, if actually given a chance by the PC police.

Since I'm an agnostic, the religious aspect is irrelevant. I don't own any boycott signs.

Not trying to kid anyone.

Anything else?

yes, your response isn't making sense in the context of what you posted before. you seem to think that this homophobe is worth supporting. i was responding.

I don't like the guy. I don't understand his religion, and I don't like his stance on gays. But freedom of expression is a higher priority for me.

Yep freedom of expression on both sides. To Chick Fillet or not to Chick Fillet that is the question.
Whether its nobler in the mind to buy or not buy.
Freedom of expression...

How about Prop 8?

You can't.

Well, all those Utah addresses were probably a giveaway.

And then you have this.

Mormon church reports spending $180,000 on Proposition 8 - latimes.com

Top officials with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints filed reports today indicating that they donated more than $180,000 in in-kind contributions to Proposition 8, the November ballot initiative that banned same-sex marriage in California.

The contributions included tens of thousands of dollars for expenses such as airline tickets, hotel and restaurant bills and car-rental bills for top church officials such as L. Whitney Clayton, along with $96,849.31 worth of “compensated staff time” for church employees.

The church said the expenditures took place between July 1 and the end of the year. The church’s involvement has been a major issue in the campaign and its aftermath. Individual Mormon families donated millions -- by some estimates more than $20 million -- of their own money to the campaign.

The ironic thing is that Prop 8 was so poorly constructed that it was struck down by the courts, so they really wasted all that money for nothing.

There were no Utah addresses at the link I showed you.

Now, Show me the FPPC report where the Mormon Church was fined or found guilty of anything. What you posted were allegations.
And let me tell you after that election, it was like a freaking witch hunt around here.

So tell me why you believe Prop 8 was poorly constructed (which time) when it was struck down (which time) Do you know anything about the people's initiative?

Forum List

Back