democrats war on Christianity continues. NY legislators want to force Chick-fil-a to be open Sundays

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
which violates their First Amendment rights. NY knew the Chick-fil-a policy when they signed the contracts; now these two want to change the rules. It's not like there are no other choices for travelers to make.
State bill targets Chick-fil-A hours at Thruway service plazas
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Two New York State lawmakers have introduced a new bill, with the focus on Chick-fil-A and its business hours along the Thruway.

The bill would require Chick-fil-A restaurants at New York State Thruway service plazas to be open seven days a week. Chick-fil-A is known for its chicken, and for having its locations closed on Sundays.

Not seeing a problem here. NY maintains Thruways as a courtesy to motorists, they should expect services to be there when they arrive.

If Chik-Full-Hate can't meet that, then they should get Popeyes or KFC in there instead.

One the contract is expired I would agree with you.

Though I thought you were better than such Trump like 2nd grade nick names.

Never heard of a business being forced to do business.

But my state forces some businesses to be closed on Sundays, like car dealers.
Kind of sucks because some folks only have time on the weekends to shop.

Personally if I was a business owner I would be open Sundays for the added revenue.

Federal and State Government should stay out of the restaurant business.
It's a state-run facility. The state subsidizes these locations in remote areas as a courtesy to cross-state drivers.

My guess is that if they are pushing Chick-Full-Hate on the issue, it's because they've gotten a shitload of consumer complaints that "I drove 200 miles and wanted something to eat and they were closed!"

Not seeing a problem here. NY maintains Thruways as a courtesy to motorists, they should expect services to be there when they arrive.

If Chik-Full-Hate can't meet that, then they should get Popeyes or KFC in there instead.
/----/ Of course you have no issue putting the screws on a Christian organization. It's how you roll. NY let them spend $$$$ building the infrastructure, then wants to change the rules.
CFA should sue New York State for breach of contract.

It's a state-run facility. The state subsidizes these locations in remote areas as a courtesy to cross-state drivers.

My guess is that if they are pushing Chick-Full-Hate on the issue, it's because they've gotten a shitload of consumer complaints that "I drove 200 miles and wanted something to eat and they were closed!"
/-----/ There are plenty of options. I guess you never travel on the NY Thruway. I've done so for decades.
Chick-fil-A, Shake Shack, Panera Bread, Starbucks (drive-thru), Tim Horton’s, Auntie Anne’s, Cinnabon, Arby's, Popeye's, and more. Not one stop has only one restaurant.

I agree it would be wrong of them to change the contract and try to force them to be open on Sunday. I would also support the state not renewing the contract if they did not agree to be open on Sundays

Pretty simple.

which violates their First Amendment rights. NY knew the Chick-fil-a policy when they signed the contracts; now these two want to change the rules. It's not like there are no other choices for travelers to make.
State bill targets Chick-fil-A hours at Thruway service plazas
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Two New York State lawmakers have introduced a new bill, with the focus on Chick-fil-A and its business hours along the Thruway.

The bill would require Chick-fil-A restaurants at New York State Thruway service plazas to be open seven days a week. Chick-fil-A is known for its chicken, and for having its locations closed on Sundays.

How can they possibly force that? I am old enough to remember blue laws ... everything closed on Sunday and most businesses shut down on Wednesday afternoon.

What is a Christian? When has this country ever been a Christian Nation?
Soon enough we are going to question what is a Muslim? And slowly we will become a Muslim nation with their rules or at least a lot of influence. And that will end anything we currently see in Joe's administration and the recent hijinks.

Forum List

Back